Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell will be on with Dempsey and Prisco at 11:35 today on 1010xl

Lots of mocks have Manziel going to Cleveland right after us at 4 but I don't think it's out of the question for us to grab him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Smokescreen. no way in hell are we thinking matthews unless we trade down

My first thought as well.

O'Halloran blog on Manziel being the most ready of the QB class.

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/...-ready-qbs

Curious on why manziel is more pro ready than teddy. I would think the opposite but that's why he's getting the big bucks.

Quote:Curious on why manziel is more pro ready than teddy. I would think the opposite but that's why he's getting the big bucks.

Or he might just be flatout lying

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Or he might just be flatout lying

He's been adamant saying he won't smokescreen. But I don't believe that.

Quote:He's been adamant saying he won't smokescreen. But I don't believe that.

Exactly.  He may or may not smokescreen.

That's kind of the point, noone knows for sure.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014, 02:38 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

So we traded E. Monroe for a 4th and 5th so we can spend another top 5 pick in another OT?? Brilliant!!!...

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I agree with him on Manziel.

Welp, I don't think we are getting Manziel then. To forward on that remark, seems like a definite smokescreen. 

Matthews/Robinson playing RT aren't exciting enough :o

Quote:So we traded E. Monroe for a 4th and 5th so we can spend another top 5 pick in another OT?? Brilliant!!!...
One has nothing to do with the other really.

If we take an OT at 3 next week, he's not replacing Monroe. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Welp, I don't think we are getting Manziel then. To forward on that remark, seems like a definite smokescreen.

Maybe Mathews is the smoke screen and Caldwell is subtly prepping the fanbase for eye-popping pick at 3.

It's a bunch of posturing for potential trade partners, nothing else.

Quote:Smokescreen. no way in hell are we thinking matthews unless we trade down

People said the same last year and the we selected Joeckel. There's been hints on this happening for weeks. The possibility of it happening is greater than people seem to want to give credit for. Caldwell has been very transparent the past 2 years. No reason to put your head in the sand now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It's all talk. He may feel exactly how he's saying. But that means nothing come draft day. I doubt we go Matthews at #3. If we do, I'll be a little down, but it would be a great value pick and could solidify our line. I think if we trade down, depending on where, it could be a strong option. As for Manziel, I'm very high on him. I would rather go him at #3. But that's just me. 

Smoke everywhere! :O lol

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:So we traded E. Monroe for a 4th and 5th so we can spend another top 5 pick in another OT?? Brilliant!!!...

I don't buy that Caldwell is taking a tackle at 3 (or Sammy Watkins for that matter) but he can't say that he won't take one or the other.  He's trying to build a little trade value for the pick and nothing more.  Building interest in the pick in hopes of trading down.  The more I see the more I feel Caldwell would hope to trade down.  I don't see a lot of value in picking in the top 5 or even 10.  Certainly not at 3 in my humble opinion.

Quote:Maybe Mathews is the smoke screen and Caldwell is subtly prepping the fanbase for eye-popping pick at 3.
I'd be down. 

Quote:I don't buy that Caldwell is taking a tackle at 3 (or Sammy Watkins for that matter) but he can't say that he won't take one or the other.  He's trying to build a little trade value for the pick and nothing more.  Building interest in the pick in hopes of trading down.  The more I see the more I feel Caldwell would hope to trade down.  I don't see a lot of value in picking in the top 5 or even 10.  Certainly not at 3 in my humble opinion.

Yeah, I hope you are right. And I agree with you, I'd like them to trade down.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Let's put this smokescreen nonsense to bed once and for all.

Caldwell was asked about his transparency, the fact that he doesn't blow smoke but instead answers questions about the draft in a straightforward way.

The question was presented to him in the framework assuming it was as to not burn bridges with other teams, and if this was something that he learned from Dimitrioff.

His answer?

He learned it from his parents [referring to his being honest, and being a man of your word.]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."