Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell will be on with Dempsey and Prisco at 11:35 today on 1010xl

I don't think Caldwell would go all the way down to 16. Didn't he say he'd only go down to 10,11, 12 at the furthest?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think Caldwell would go all the way down to 16. Didn't he say he'd only go down to 10,11, 12 at the furthest?

He said he pretty much wants to stay in the top 10. If its outside of that the other team will need to pay handsomely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Bridgewater: A pocket passer.  Decent arm and very accurate.  My main concern is he is built like a 12 year old boy. I worry what a few hits from a 260+ pound defensive linemen will do to his small frame. 

I think the stature concern is a little overblown.  He's 21 years old and 6'3''.  At 196 he should be able to put on 15 pounds or so in a year or two which would put him the neighborhood of guys like Alex Smith, Eli Manning, or Drew Brees. I don't think we'll get him but I do think he's a guy that could become a decent full time starter eventually. 

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 10:20 AM by ATLjag.)

The most interesting or notable thing to come out of this Caldwell/Bradley luncheon to me was that he has already had discussion with two teams wanting to trade up.  Caldwell has stated very clearly on multiple occasions that he would like 12-14 picks in this draft; he currently has 11.  To trade down beyond the 10th spot would likely require significant compensation that may need to include a 2015 1st round spot.  He feels they could slide down to 8-10 and still pick up a high quality player.  

Clowney highly likely gone, a deep WR draft, only Manziel as a QB with near term starting capability, and the paraphrased Caldwell comments above just all add up to a trade down to me.  It would not shock me if we end up picking from Minnesota's or Detroit's pick.      

Quote:I think the stature concern is a little overblown. He's 21 years old and 6'3''. At 196 he should be able to put on 15 pounds or so in a year or two which would put him the neighborhood of guys like Alex Smith, Eli Manning, or Drew Brees. I don't think we'll get him but I do think he's a guy that could become a decent full time starter eventually.
He's not 6'3.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He's not 6'3.

Not to mention the guy appears to be the same width whether he's facing you or facing 90° away from you.

If Caldwell thinks he's good enough I'll trust Caldwell, but the guy does not appear to have an NFL body.

Quote:If Caldwell is being legit about 2 teams being in contact with Jags about trading up, and if one of those trans turns out to be the Cowboys, I would be in heaven with those extra picks. I would have to go get one of those draft books to familiarize myself with guys who are outside the top ten!
I think the two teams are Buffalo and Atlanta 

The stuff we start hearing next week are mostly true stuff, smoke screen season is pretty much over now

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I think we could get Atlanta's 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 03:36 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Quote:I don't think the Cowboys can do it.  They'd have to trade so many high picks to get up to #3, if they have a lick of sense they would not invest that many picks in one player. 

Some team is going to buy that "Mack is the next LT" hokum and offer us half their picks to move up to #3.

Does Buffalo want Mack?  I'm trying to figure who Atlanta or Buffalo might want at #3. 

Atlanta needs a great OT, maybe they figure Robinson and Matthews would both be gone at #6. 

Quote:Some team is going to buy that "Mack is the next LT" hokum and offer us half their picks to move up to #3.

Does Buffalo want Mack?  I'm trying to figure who Atlanta or Buffalo might want at #3. 

Atlanta needs a great OT, maybe they figure Robinson and Matthews would both be gone at #6. 

Atlanta is looking at Mack, Robinson, and Matthews but the latest articles say Matthews too similar to Sam Baker so Robinson is probably who they would come up for.

I could see Buffalo coming up for an OT to try to give the young QB Manuel everything to prove he is a franchise QB.  

I think Atlanta is 1 of the 2 teams and that Detroit is the other.  I think they are heavily eyeing the WRs Watkins and Evans and might pull the trigger to grab Evans @ 3 if St. Louis goes Watkins @ 2.

Quote:He's not 6'3.

He's 6'2'' and a half.  So I rounded up.  But if he's a little shorter, so much the better for the weight and doesn't change the fact that he's 21 and  has room on his frame to add some lbs.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Some team is going to buy that "Mack is the next LT" hokum and offer us half their picks to move up to #3.

IMO, if they can't get to Clowney, ATL will be wanting to get Mack.  Their T is coming back from injury and may not be such the need that some think.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If Clowney is still available at #3 the Jags will entertain a bidding war.

If Mack or all of the QB prospects are available Caldwell will be getting phone calls.

Just because there is an offer does not make it a good deal. 

I am starting to buy into the Johnny Football Hype.  He had a tremendous college career, A good leader, and athletic. The best option for the team is to trade down. That option may not come so weigh your options.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Where does Bortles fit into the picture?  Does DC take him at #3?  Does some team want to move up for him, or does a team like Minnesota stay put and hope he falls to them?

Quote:Where does Bortles fit into the picture? Does DC take him at #3? Does some team want to move up for him, or does a team like Minnesota stay put and hope he falls to them?

I don't think bortles goes top 5. I think someone nabs johnny, then bortles goes somewhere before bridgewater, but probably as late as at 20.

Quote:Where does Bortles fit into the picture?  Does DC take him at #3?  Does some team want to move up for him, or does a team like Minnesota stay put and hope he falls to them?

It is funny how through this entire process, you have heard almost nothing about Bortles and the Jaguars. Nothing.

Either one hell of a smokescreen or they really are not interested. And I don't see anyone trading up for him.

Quote:It is funny how through this entire process, you have heard almost nothing about Bortles and the Jaguars. Nothing.

Either one hell of a smokescreen or they really are not interested. And I don't see anyone trading up for him.

Yea, I'd be the most shocked if we took Bortles. It could be a smokescreen, but I think Caldwell is very open to the idea of a trade so I think he has to at least put the idea out there. That's obviously not happened.

Quote:It is funny how through this entire process, you have heard almost nothing about Bortles and the Jaguars. Nothing.

There was just a blurb in the media this week about him taking over the room when he met with the Jags. Apparently, Gus loved the guy.

It will be interesting to see if they've played down Bortles in an effort to create a smoke screen.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:There was just a blurb in the media this week about him taking over the room when he met with the Jags. Apparently, Gus loved the guy.

It will be interesting to see if they've played down Bortles in an effort to create a smoke screen.

Even though Bortles is the most "boring" of the QB picks, I would be OK with taking him with a trade-down.

Perfect scenario - trade down to 6 with Atlanta, pick Bortles.  Have him sit for half a year and then let the Bortles era begin.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I don't get the feeling that anyone in the top 10 will trade up for a tackle. There are three that are comparably ranked, and I just imagine they would be willing to stand pat and grab one of the three.