Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jersey Mike's Subs, Good Eats!

Quote:No chain beats some of the mom & pop sub shops. 
This  ^ 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wow, there too? I don't get it, they have very good subs and they aren't skimpy with the meat/ toppings. Not sure why they aren't more popular. 

That's not my experience with Quizno's.  The subs were small and the toppings were few and the price is high.

Here we have a place called Penn Station and I love it.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014, 10:20 AM by Hard_Eight.)

There was a chain in a mall in Arlington Va called the Great Steak and Potato Co. or something. Best Philly Cheese I've ever had. And yes, I've had them in Philly.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:There was a chain in a mall in Arlington Va called the Great Steak and Potato Co. or something. Best Philly Cheese I've ever had. And yes, I've had them in Philly.

I'd like to try that. Are they still around? 

Quote:Best subs I've ever had was at Angies at the beaches.. Ungodly and unrivaled.. 

I'm just meh on Angie's.  I got one of their special subs the last time I went.  It had pork and some other stuff on it.  It was just ok.  Kind of dry.

I'm sure it was what i chose, but I expected it to be much better.  Plus the owner kind of seems like a tool.

Quote:That's not my experience with Quizno's.  The subs were small and the toppings were few and the price is high.

Here we have a place called Penn Station and I love it.

That was my experience with Quizno's as well.  I could never figure out why it was so expensive and you didnt get many toppings.

After I was done eating, I was like whats for lunch?

Quote:That was my experience with Quizno's as well.  I could never figure out why it was so expensive and you didnt get many toppings.

Well, if you guys had that experience with them, I guess I'm starting to see why so many went OOB. 

The one by me used to be awesome. 

Quote:Wasn't that near Baja Buckets?

Wasn't that out at the beach on First street...right down from the life guard station?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'd like to try that. Are they still around? 
http://www.thegreatsteak.com/

Only one in Florida, sucks for us. Probably do better up where you are!

Quote:Well, if you guys had that experience with them, I guess I'm starting to see why so many went OOB. 

The one by me used to be awesome. 

Quote:That was my experience with Quizno's as well.  I could never figure out why it was so expensive and you didnt get many toppings.

I always got the chicken carbonara no toppings... 

As far as Angies, next time get the Peruvian and never look back.

Angie's is alright.

Supremely overrated if you ask me (which nobody did  Huh ).

Quote:http://www.thegreatsteak.com/

Only one in Florida, sucks for us. Probably do better up where you are!

I always got the chicken carbonara no toppings... 

As far as Angies, next time get the Peruvian and never look back.

I've had that once and thought it was just ok....I guess not everyone is going to love everywhere they go.  It's funny because when it comes to food I pretty much like everything I try.  I ate at that KC Crave out at the beach too because of a recomendation.  Thought it was a little expensive and the quality wasn't very good.

Now the burger joints at the beach are money....

KC Crave? Is that bbq? 4Rivers is where the brisket is at!

Quote:Wasn't that out at the beach on First street...right down from the life guard station?

I believe initially it was on Phillips Highway before they turned it into a boobage bar. I've been there a bunch back then. Their special was a bucket of beer for like 5 bucks.. Good stuff..  

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I believe initially it was on Phillips Highway before they turned it into a boobage bar. I've been there a bunch back then. Their special was a bucket of beer for like 5 bucks.. Good stuff..

I don't remember the place you're talking about...how long ago was this?

Quote:I don't remember the place you're talking about...how long ago was this?

Hmmm. Maybe 15-20 years ago tops.. 

Quote:Hmmm. Maybe 15-20 years ago tops..

Hmmm...still not ringing a bell. Sad

Quote:Hmmm...still not ringing a bell. Sad

I want to say it was on the corner of Phillips and University.. 

Quote:I want to say it was on the corner of Phillips and University..

In the boobie bar next to Shooters, or that place hat used to be the cowboy bar...and has since been twenty different type clubs?

Quote:In the boobie bar next to Shooters, or that place hat used to be the cowboy bar...and has since been twenty different type clubs?

Yup.. That's the location.. Way before it was the cowboy bar..  Yeah it was a bunch of different clubs and bars after it was initially closed.. 

Quote:Yup.. That's the location.. Way before it was the cowboy bar..  Yeah it was a bunch of different clubs and bars after it was initially closed..

Wasn't it the Crazy Horse? Didn't it morph into two separate places at one point? Honky tonk on one side and another club on the other?