Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jersey Mike's Subs, Good Eats!

Quote:Wasn't it the Crazy Horse? Didn't it morph into two separate places at one point? Honky tonk on one side and another club on the other?

Yup!! That's it.. The Crazy Horse.. Yeah it was 2 bars side by side. A bunch of us used to go back and forth from club to club. Was pretty cool..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yup!! That's it.. The Crazy Horse.. Yeah it was 2 bars side by side. A bunch of us used to go back and forth from club to club. Was pretty cool..

Okay! I know where you are talking about then...you threw me off when you said Philips and JTB! I didn't remember any place like that down there!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Okay! I know where you are talking about then...you threw me off when you said Philips and JTB! I didn't remember any place like that down there!!

Never said JTB. I said University woman.. Jeez.. Dang ole women hear and read only what they want.. 

Quote:Never said JTB. I said University woman.. Jeez.. Dang ole women hear and read only what they want..

Harrumph! Tongue

Quote:Harrumph! Tongue

Exactly haha

Crazy Horse and Masquerade, used to get hot partying at Masquerade. Went to the cowboy bar to cool off.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Crazy Horse and Masquerade, used to get hot partying at Masquerade. Went to the cowboy bar to cool off.

THANK YOU!!

That was killing me for a bit. Couldn't remember the name of it.. 

As requested TMD.....my small Philly Cheesesteak from Pudgie's.

[Image: 9izsyr.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Early to mid 80's. It was around the Blanding and Collins intersection, maybe three or four "doors" down from it.
Grew up off Longchamp right near here. Uncle Charlie's and Renna's were my "rewards" for doing good in school and such as a kid. Miss both places

Quote:Grew up off Longchamp right near here. Uncle Charlie's and Renna's were my "rewards" for doing good in school and such as a kid. Miss both places

Dang it. Now I want Uncle Charlie's AND Renna's!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Wasn't that out at the beach on First street...right down from the life guard station?
Yes.  [Image: ls.jpg]

They used to have a great wing special once a week with cheap pitchers of beer.  I took advantage in my college years.

Quote:Dang it. Now I want Uncle Charlie's AND Renna's!

I feel you  Sad

Quote:Yes.  [Image: ls.jpg]

They used to have a great wing special once a week with cheap pitchers of beer.  I took advantage in my college years.

That's the place!

Quote:That's the place!

[Image: 19lg69.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014, 08:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:As requested TMD.....my small Philly Cheesesteak from Pudgie's.

[Image: 9izsyr.jpg]

That looks damn good!!!!....I get mine with jalapeno's as well. 

What ever happened to that sub place called "Lugies"? The name sounded really gross so I avoided that place like the plague. 

"What's a Lugie"?

Pronounced Loo-ge

Quote:What ever happened to that sub place called "Lugies"? The name sounded really gross so I avoided that place like the plague. 

"What's a Lugie"?

Pronounced Loo-ge

I'm thinking a lot of people would avoid that place!!

Are you talking about Lubi's? It's over on University and old St Augustine road.

Quote:I'm thinking a lot of people would avoid that place!!

Are you talking about Lubi's? It's over on University and old St Augustine road.

Maybe that's what it is, but I was thinking Loogie.. er something like that. I think there was one closer to San Juan.

I'd never heard of a cheese steak until I spent a year in Wilmington, DE. I thought at the time, and still do, that the first one I had, from a place with the imaginative name of "Cheese Steaks", was the best sandwich I've ever had. Nothing special, just onions and peppers on it, but a simple masterpiece. Damn thing melted in my mouth.

There was a place at the south part of Jacksonville Beach on A1A that made cheese steaks that came pretty darn close. Just a walk up window IIRC, with some picnic tables outside. The owners were from Philly, and got their bread, the key to a great cheese steak, shipped in from there.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Maybe that's what it is, but I was thinking Loogie.. er something like that. I think there was one closer to San Juan.

I never heard of it...but it is a HORRIBLE name!!!