Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Comments by LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Amazed at the level of ignorant bigotry this idiot has unwittingly displayed.  

What.

an.

[BLEEP].

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sterling is probably the worst owner in North American sports history. Even before this.

Worse than Marge Schott? Maybe but it's debatable. 

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

I'm sure mine wont be a common opinion but I dont really care.  I've always believed strongly in the rights of the individual and as long as you arent hurting anyone or infringing upon their rights, I dont care what you do or what you think.  Its your right to be anything you want to be.  And frankly I dont really see him infringing on the rights of black people.  He has hired a number of black coaches.  He obviously has black players.  He pays them their market value(and in some cases has overpaid for lousy players).  So if he doesnt treat any minority any differently, but in his private life doesnt like them, I dont know that I care.

Now I wouldnt want to associate myself with him.  Nor would I want to support any business venture of his.  Cant see myself buying a Clippers ticket next time I'm in LA.  But I still think he has a right to own the Clippers.  And its the decision of the players to not go there and the fans to not show up.  It'll be interesting to see if that happens.  I've always thought we as Americans talk a big game but when push comes to shove are consumers first and equal rights activists second.

Quote:Worse than Marge Schott? Maybe but it's debatable.

Schott had a team win a World Series

Quote:Schott had a team win a World Series

And her face on the cover of Sports Illustrated because of her bigotry. But, lets wait and see if Sterling's face goes down in cover history too.. It's like a race to see who can be the biggest bigot..

[Image: 2qxokd0.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I'm sure mine wont be a common opinion but I dont really care. I've always believed strongly in the rights of the individual and as long as you arent hurting anyone or infringing upon their rights, I dont care what you do or what you think. Its your right to be anything you want to be. And frankly I dont really see him infringing on the rights of black people. He has hired a number of black coaches. He obviously has black players. He pays them their market value(and in some cases has overpaid for lousy players). So if he doesnt treat any minority any differently, but in his private life doesnt like them, I dont know that I care.

Now I wouldnt want to associate myself with him. Nor would I want to support any business venture of his. Cant see myself buying a Clippers ticket next time I'm in LA. But I still think he has a right to own the Clippers. And its the decision of the players to not go there and the fans to not show up. It'll be interesting to see if that happens. I've always thought we as Americans talk a big game but when push comes to shove are consumers first and equal rights activists second.

Although I agree with the general sentiment of your post, this link shows some examples of when racism has affected other people.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.vox.com/2014/4/26/5655790/sterling-q-a'>http://www.vox.com/2014/4/26/5655790/sterling-q-a</a>

Quote:And her face on the cover of Sports Illustrated because of her bigotry. But, lets wait and see if Sterling's face goes down in cover history too.. It's like a race to see who can be the biggest bigot..

[Image: 2qxokd0.jpg]

No doubt his old, ugly mug will be on the SI cover this week.

[Image: 10268490_1444760765770083_74617567110014906_n.jpg]

Quote:This is true. I heard it on Fox News.

Quote:Racism dosen't exist

These days it's much cooler to bash on Christians, conservatives, and the tea party. Haven't you heard?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:These days it's much cooler to bash on Christians, conservatives, and the tea party. Haven't you heard?

Amen!

I absolutely looooooove the White Christian victim card.

I just hope one day things will change and society will be more accepting of our kind. When will the oppression cease?

[Image: white-people.jpg]

Quote:Amen!

I just hope one day things will change and society will be more accepting of our kind. When will the oppression cease?

Oh, that's right, I forgot it's only wrong when a generalization or a wrongdoing is done to a minority group......

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 09:31 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I wonder who released this recording.  Surely it wasn't her.  I know it's pure love that draws that young hot thing to that wrinkly liver-spotted old rich dude.

Its funny because the point you're making is so true. Well in many cases anyway. Women love green over black or white. Laughing 

Quote:Oh, that's right, I forgot it's only wrong when a generalization or a wrongdoing is done to a minority group......

This ticks me off as well. Racism is racism. And stereotypes are stereotypes. What exists for one should exist for all. 

Quote:These days it's much cooler to bash on Christians, conservatives, and the tea party. Haven't you heard?

What are you talking about Dakota, that doesn't happen......just ask <i>them.  :whistling: </i>

This guy will need to learn to sleep with one eye opened because his mixed race girlfriend looks like she may have a little bit of a crazy streak.

Based on his comments, the guy proves you don't need to be smart to be rich.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Amen!

There's a couple of blondes in that pick id like to Christen..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Are you trying to hit every "not allowed" topic on this board?

Quote:Are you trying to hit every "not allowed" topic on this board?

Well if that were the case, then this very thread shouldn't be allowed to exist. 

Quote:Well if that were the case, then this very thread shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Pretty sure religion and politics are a no-no. Maybe I am wrong.

Quote:Are you trying to hit every "not allowed" topic on this board?

I think he's just mocking High Score's craving for acknowledgment of his moral superiority.