Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Comments by LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Quote:Are you trying to hit every "not allowed" topic on this board?

It's skating very close to the edge.

A bit further and this thread departs for the scrap heap.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think he's just mocking High Score's craving for acknowledgment of his moral superiority.

Thank you. I was beginning to think no one was noticing.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 10:58 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Pretty sure religion and politics are a no-no. Maybe I am wrong.

as is a thread dealing with racism. 

Personally, I don't care. It don't bother me (what we talk about) . I'm just pointing out that if one is calling out Dakota for that, then one could also point out the main topic in this very thread. 

Quote:It's skating very close to the edge.

A bit further and this thread departs for the scrap heap.

White power

Did that do it?

Quote:White power

Did that do it?

Tryin to suicide bomb this thread are ya?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:White power

Did that do it?

Cocaine definitely is powerful

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:This is true. I heard it on Fox News.

:whistling:

Quote:These days it's much cooler to bash on Christians, conservatives, and the tea party. Haven't you heard?

Every race, creed, religion has its prejudice people.

The day racism will come full circle is when a Black Man is sued for denying White people jobs and housing.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:as is a thread dealing with racism. 

Personally, I don't care. It don't bother me (what we talk about) . I'm just pointing out that if one is calling out Dakota for that, then one could also point out the main topic in this very thread. 

Quote:as is a thread dealing with racism. 

Please point me to the section of the T&C of the board dealing with race. Or are you saying Sterling's comments fit under religion and/or politics?

;

;

Quote: :whistling:

The day racism will come full circle is when a Black Man is sued for denying White people jobs and housing.

Why is black man and white people capitalized there? 

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 11:23 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Please point me to the section of the T&C of the board dealing with race. Or are you saying Sterling's comments fit under religion and/or politics?

I think there is something in the CoC about not posting dealing with racism/ race. 

Quote:Why is black man and white people capitalized there? 

Im typing on my White Ipad.

Quote:Please point me to the section of the T&C of the board dealing with race. Or are you saying Sterling's comments fit under religion and/or politics?

Politics inevitably find their way into these discussions. Race isn't a taboo subject. Nor is racism. But, when the discussion veers into the politics of things, it crosses the line.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote::whistling:

Haaaa like that'll ever happen

Did anyone point out that this isn't Racism? If he were a racist he wouldn't employ racial minorities in his organization. He's a bigot, perhaps fueled by some latent racist tendencies, but a true racist wouldn't accept that minorities were more deserving of a roster spot than a white dude.

Racist; bigot; prejudiced. All mean different things, but our lazy thinking uses them interchangeably to the detriment of conversation.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:A rich old white dude turns out to be a bit of a racist? Well, colour me surprised.

Just because you are rich and white there is a good chance you're racist? 

Quote:Did anyone point out that this isn't Racism? If he were a racist he wouldn't employ racial minorities in his organization. He's a bigot, perhaps fueled by some latent racist tendencies, but a true racist wouldn't accept that minorities were more deserving of a roster spot than a white dude.

Racist; bigot; prejudiced. All mean different things, but our lazy thinking uses them interchangeably to the detriment of conversation.

Really? Why not? Racism is about superiority not exclusion.

Quote:Just because you are rich and white there is a good chance you're racist? 
Don't forget old.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 11:20 AM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:Did anyone point out that this isn't Racism?<strong> If he were a racist he wouldn't employ racial minorities in his organization.</strong> He's a bigot, perhaps fueled by some latent racist tendencies, but a true racist wouldn't accept that minorities were more deserving of a roster spot than a white dude.

Do I really have to explain this to you?

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 11:44 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Did anyone point out that this isn't Racism? If he were a racist he wouldn't employ racial minorities in his organization. He's a bigot, perhaps fueled by some latent racist tendencies, but a true racist wouldn't accept that minorities were more deserving of a roster spot than a white dude.

I think Sterling is a moron, and he just may be a racist, but his comments were not racist.

A racist thinks that a race is inferior to theirs. I don't think he'd hire a black coach if he thought he was of an inferior race. His comments were/are ignorant, his thought process is screwed up for sure though.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Do I really have to explain this to you?

I wouldnt bother if I were you..Sterling clearly is racist because he sincerely believes African American and Hispanics are inferior to him and his race (if people listened to the extended audio version released yesterday) this proves that.

Some people just wont understand it.