Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Comments by LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 12:28 PM by TravC59.)

Matt Kemp changes his walk up song to "Black or White" in wake of Sterling's comments.

I like it.http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-spor....html?vp=1

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the only reason this is an issue is because of Sterling being an owner for a major sports franchise. Racism is an issue, but, nobody should be surprised. Racism is alive and kicking all around us everyday and it probably will be for the rest of our lives. As long as there are differences is culture, skin color and religion, there will be racism. It's going to come from all walks of life, no matter your skin color and it will be around for eternity because as long as we all are individuals with our own thought processes, we as humans in general will always have racism as a problem. 

Fighting racism is an uphill battle that nobody will ever win. Best outcome case scenario you can do for yourself to avoid racism, is not to spread it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I think the only reason this is an issue is because of Sterling being an owner for a major sports franchise. Racism is an issue, but, nobody should be surprised. Racism is alive and kicking all around us everyday and it probably will be for the rest of our lives. As long as there are differences is culture, skin color and religion, there will be racism. It's going to come from all walks of life, no matter your skin color and it will be around for eternity because as long as we all are individuals with our own thought processes, we as humans in general will always have racism as a problem. 

Fighting racism is an uphill battle that nobody will ever win. Best outcome case scenario you can do for yourself to avoid racism, is not to spread it..
I agree wholeheartedly. Follow your heart, and do what is right. There will be no change to the mind sets of many folks until they choose to do it on their own. No amount of brow beating will do it for them.

;

Quote:I think the only reason this is an issue is because of Sterling being an owner for a major sports franchise. Racism is an issue, but, nobody should be surprised. Racism is alive and kicking all around us everyday and it probably will be for the rest of our lives. As long as there are differences is culture, skin color and religion, there will be racism. It's going to come from all walks of life, no matter your skin color and it will be around for eternity because as long as we all are individuals with our own thought processes, we as humans in general will always have racism as a problem. 

I agree, and as I said earlier racism comes from every walk of life.

Keep in mind during the Civil Rights era, African Americans were told the same thing when it came to regards of fighting racism, they will never win.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I agree, and as I said earlier racism comes from every walk of life.

Keep in mind during the Civil Rights era, African Americans were told the same thing when it came to regards of fighting racism, they will never win.
Winning civil rights and changing the mind sets of racists are completely different.

;

Quote:Winning civil rights and changing the mind sets of racists are completely different.

Didnt winning the Civil Rights change the mindset of this country from the 60's to the 70's?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Matt Kemp changes his walk up song to "Black or White" in wake of Sterling's comments.

Was Ebony and Ivory not available?  Wink

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Matt Kemp changes his walk up song to "Black or White" in wake of Sterling's comments.

With Kemp's average this season, he should be walking to the plate with Metallica's "I Disappear".. 

Quote:Was Ebony and Ivory not available?  Wink

Probably out before Kemp was born

lets all pool our money together and buy the team,  I got $11.37...wait no make that $11.43 I'm willing to invest Big Grin

Quote:I think Sterling is a moron, and he just may be a racist, but his comments were not racist.

A racist thinks that a race is inferior to theirs. I don't think he'd hire a black coach if he thought he was of an inferior race. His comments were/are ignorant, his thought process is screwed up for sure though.

I knew at least one person would understand. Thanks for renewing my faith in humanity!  :thumbsup:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I think Sterling is a moron, and he just may be a racist, but his comments were not racist.

A racist thinks that a race is inferior to theirs. I don't think he'd hire a black coach if he thought he was of an inferior race. His comments were/are ignorant, his thought process is screwed up for sure though.

I don't think I completely agree.  You can hire someone and still be racist.  They are making him money no?  Money is color blind.  He hired a black coach because he thought he could coach.  Has nothing to do with being inferior or not.  He can hire black people and still think less of them and also think they are inferior.  There is 100 hours of recordings.  He better hope those don't come out...

Quote:I don't think I completely agree.  You can hire someone and still be racist.  They are making him money no?  Money is color blind.  He hired a black coach because he thought he could coach.  Has nothing to do with being inferior or not.  He can hire black people and still think less of them and also think they are inferior.  There is 100 hours of recordings.  He better hope those don't come out...

Whoever made the tapes, and whoever is releasing better hope they dont either.  He is going to sue them into oblivion.  It's illegal to do what they are doing.

He already looks like a complete moron, but to put more ammo out there for him to come after you makes no sense.

His gf was looking to make some cash off an old rich dude, and when she found out the gravy train was coming to an end, she tried to embarrass him.   She is winning for now.

Quote:I don't think I completely agree.  You can hire someone and still be racist.  They are making him money no?  Money is color blind.  He hired a black coach because he thought he could coach.  Has nothing to do with being inferior or not.  He can hire black people and still think less of them and also think they are inferior.  There is 100 hours of recordings.  He better hope those don't come out...

Hiring a person is indicative of the supposition of superiority and therefore anathema to a true racist. Racists aren't just about exclusion, they are about subjugation and the destruction of an inferior form of (sub)human life. True racism is so much more awful than the very bad bigotry we experience in our reasonably tolerant society that we demean the concept when we apply it incorrectly (as I believe we have in this case). Not wanting to associate with people of color is many levels less evil than genocide, slavery, or the pogrom.

But this guy is surely an [BLEEP] hole and I hope he's ostracized from society.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote::whistling:

Every race, creed, religion has its prejudice people.

The day racism will come full circle is when a Black Man is sued for denying White people jobs and housing.

And a WET tv station
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:And a WET tv station

I think Racist (I mean) Reverend Jackson would like to have a word with you.. 

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 05:31 AM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:I wouldnt bother if I were you..Sterling clearly is racist because he sincerely believes African American and Hispanics are inferior to him and his race (if people listened to the extended audio version released yesterday) this proves that.

Some people just wont understand it.
I feel ya. I'm not gonna go deep on this subject.(hints why it took me 3 pages to even post) Some people just won't understand is true.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 06:35 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Didnt winning the Civil Rights change the mindset of this country from the 60's to the 70's?
I don't think you change mindsets with laws. The Civil Rights movement helped create equality in law, not people's minds.

;

Quote:And a WET tv station

Isn't that what Fox News for?

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 07:46 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:I don't think you change mindsets with laws. The Civil Rights movement helped create equality in law, not people's minds.
A few mindsets had to be changed if de-segration, equal education opportunities, etc were enforced after the Civil Rights Act was signed into law, even if it was at a slow pace. Otherwise, he Act would have never been signed into law.

Let's not forget (without going to far into politics) the Democrats were not supportive of the Civil Rights movement/Act during those times.

Here is a interesting link below that lists the detailed changes.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/impact.html'>http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/impact.html</a>

For the record, I believe (as I previously stated on here) institutionalized racism is still very prevalent in today's society. The difference is the climate from 50 years ago is totality different.