Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Comments by LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Quote:Isn't that what Fox News for?

You've seen racism on Fox News?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lets all pool our money together and buy the team,  I got $11.37...wait no make that $11.43 I'm willing to invest Big Grin

That would make great news. BREAKING NEWS: Jaguar fans purchase Clippers! How long before Jags move to LA????

Quote:A few mindsets had to be changed if de-segration, equal education opportunities, etc were enforced after the Civil Rights Act was signed into law, even if it was at a slow pace. Otherwise, he Act would have never been signed into law.

Let's not forget (without going to far into politics) the Democrats were not supportive of the Civil Rights movement/Act during those times.

Here is a interesting link below that lists the detailed changes.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/impact.html'>http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/impact.html</a>

For the record, I believe (as I previously stated on here) institutionalized racism is still very prevalent in today's society. The difference is the climate from 50 years ago is totality different.
I don't agree that is why the act was signed as law, but I do agree though that it probably did change some mindsets after the fact. Many people, before segregation were never around people of a different race. Once segregation took place there had to be people, the rational ones anyway, that finally realized that segregation was not a bad thing, nor were people a different race from them.

The racial climate is light years changed from 50 years ago for sure.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I don't agree that is why the act was signed as law, but I do agree though that it probably did change some mindsets after the fact. Many people, before segregation were never around people of a different race. Once segregation took place there had to be people, the rational ones anyway, that finally realized that segregation was not a bad thing, nor were people a different race from them.

The racial climate is light years changed from 50 years ago for sure.

You mean integration and not segregation, right?

Quote:That would make great news. BREAKING NEWS: Jaguar fans purchase Clippers! How long before Jags move to LA????
Lol so true

Quote:You've seen racism on Fox News?

If WET is to be White Entertainment Television (as I believe the person is stating) then Fox News certainly fits the bill, racism or no.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:If WET is to be White Entertainment Television (as I believe the person is stating) then Fox News certainly fits the bill, racism or no.

Let them change the name to WET and see how long that lasts. Jesse and AL would have heart attacks.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

And as I see it in my opinion, let them both have heart attacks.. Two of the worst pieces of trash to ever walk the face of this earth. False prophets.. I put them both right up there with David Duke, they're no better, only a darker skin color.. 

Quote:If WET is to be White Entertainment Television (as I believe the person is stating) then Fox News certainly fits the bill, racism or no.

I don't watch Fox News.

Quote:I don't watch Fox News.

So...the exception that proves the rule then?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Banned for life and fined 2.5 million dollars..

Quote:Banned for life and fined 2.5 million dollars..

And the hammer falls. Good on you Adam Silver, there's no place for a person like that to hold a position of authority in the League.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:And the hammer falls. Good on you Adam Silver, there's no place for a person like that to hold a position of authority in the League.

Adam Silver:

" We will urge the Board of Governors to force Sterling to sell The Clippers"..

Quote:And as I see it in my opinion, let them both have heart attacks.. Two of the worst pieces of trash to ever walk the face of this earth. False prophets.. I put them both right up there with David Duke, they're no better, only a darker skin color.. 

I agree with the above. Those 2 do nothing but promote a greater divide between the races. 

You know, I'm already seeing a huge difference in The NBA since Stern stepped down. Stern was awful for the NBA and Silver is a much needed breath of fresh air..

Hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 02:48 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You know, I'm already seeing a huge difference in The NBA since Stern stepped down. Stern was awful for the NBA and Silver is a much needed breath of fresh air..

Meh, I dunno....I think Stern would have done the same here. 

I'm not saying Stern was great or anything, but I also don't see the current commissioner as all that different. 

Quote:Meh, I dunno....I think Stern would have done the same here.

I'm not saying Stern was great or anything, but I also don't see the current commissioner as all that different.

Stern could have looked into these allegations years ago when they were made aware of it..

Now all they need to do is go after Jemelle Hill. She's nothing but a bigot racist as well..

Quote:Now all they need to do is go after Jemelle Hill. She's nothing but a bigot racist as well..

I don't even know who that is.