Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Comments by LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

I wonder if he'll fight it? He was, after all, the victim of a crime. Now the results of that crime are being used to drive him out of his legal ownership rights? Thin, thin ice we're treading on here. I abhor his attitudes and believe he should be a pariah, but to take action and suspend him for life over attitudes that aren't reflected in his conduct towards the team or league? I dunno about that.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wonder if he'll fight it? He was, after all, the victim of a crime. Now the results of that crime are being used to drive him out of his legal ownership rights? Thin, thin ice we're treading on here. I abhor his attitudes and believe he should be a pariah, but to take action and suspend him for life over attitudes that aren't reflected in his conduct towards the team or league? I dunno about that.

You raise an interesting point. 

Quote:I wonder if he'll fight it? He was, after all, the victim of a crime. Now the results of that crime are being used to drive him out of his legal ownership rights? Thin, thin ice we're treading on here. I abhor his attitudes and believe he should be a pariah, but to take action and suspend him for life over attitudes that aren't reflected in his conduct towards the team or league? I dunno about that.
I have no doubt he will. He'll go down swingin.

He will definitely go after his little lover who started all this, and win too. She's as big a scum bag as he is in all of this.

I agree about the thin ice comment too

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Banned for life and fined 2.5 million dollars..
Hammer dropped, no doubt

;

Quote:You know, I'm already seeing a huge difference in The NBA since Stern stepped down. Stern was awful for the NBA and Silver is a much needed breath of fresh air..
Stern was a phenomenal commissioner for his 30 years. JUst awesome for the league and basketball.

;

Quote:Stern was a phenomenal commissioner for his 30 years. JUst awesome for the league and basketball.

Opinion..

That said, I guess the NAACP was getting ready to give Sterling his 2nd Lifetime Achievement Award.. His 2nd..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Opinion..

That said, I guess the NAACP was getting ready to give Sterling his 2nd Lifetime Achievement Award.. His 2nd..
Former players and owners have nothing but high praises for him. He took the league from having a playoff game here or there shown on tape delay late at night to expanding the game world wide in his time.

;

Quote:Former players and owners have nothing but high praises for him. He took the league from having a playoff game here or there shown on tape delay late at night to expanding the game world wide in his time.

Of course they do.. He was exactly what they expected him to be. A puppet..

Quote:So...the exception that proves the rule then?

I don't recall FOX news being white tv viewing only.  In fact, many black Republicans would watch the channel.

Makes no sense. 

He is sued a prostitute that he had relations with for 3 years....your darn right he's going to sue the NBA.

I'm interested to see how the bidding war goes for the franchise as well.  He really should try to sell it on his own before the NBA takes control.  It is an LA franchise that is on an upswing.  He's going to make a bundle.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Of course they do.. He was exactly what they expected him to be. A puppet..
You do realize he worked for the owners right? He increased the revenue a surreal amount from the time he took over to the time he left, the league and game was never more popular. He did everything that anyone who was involved with the league would want.

I really don't see why Stern can be seen as "awful" for the NBA.

;

Quote:You do realize he worked for the owners right? He increased the revenue a surreal amount from the time he took over to the time he left, the league and game was never more popular. He did everything that anyone who was involved with the league would want.

Why do you think I called him a mindless puppet?

And from here, it looks like he was at the right place at the right time.

Quote:I don't recall FOX news being white tv viewing only.  In fact, many black Republicans would watch the channel.

Makes no sense. 

I think you can reasonably compare the white viewership of BET to this graphic.

[Image: total-black-viewers.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Why do you think I called him a mindless puppet?

And from here, it looks like he was at the right place at the right time.
What made him a mindless puppet ? Call it what you will. He was the man who took a league who made about 100 million when he took over to 4.6 Billion by the time he left. The league was an after thought in 1984, not so when he started his wheels churning with his many great ideas.

;

Quote:I think you can reasonably compare the white viewership of BET to this graphic.

About the same amount of African Americans that are Republican watch Fox News.

Shocker.

Quote:I think you can reasonably compare the white viewership of BET to this graphic.

Wait, you're serious with this graphic and comment?

;

Quote:What made him a mindless puppet ? Call it what you will. He was the man who took a league who made about 100 million when he took over to 4.6 Billion by the time he left. The league was an after thought in 1984, not so when he started his wheels churning with his many great ideas.

There was a good biography on Stern.  It was the late 70's/early 80's when they couldn't even get people into the All Star game.  They were giving away free tickets for it.

He chose to focus their marketing on individuals (Magic, Bird, Isiah, Jordan) and thats what sparked the NBA.

So many questions. Yes what he said was wrong. There is no law against being or saying stupid things. He is an owner. He loses his business? How many, including all those calling for his head can honestly say some of their " private" conversations may not be something you'd want the world to hear?

The guy is 80+ years old. Probably bordering senile. His broad, yes that's the best I can come up with, is a sneaky gold digger who set him up. Why? Watch. Let's see who ends up buying the team.

His real last name isn't even Sterling, which shows his ego and perhaps shame of his Jewish given name. He was married and has this tramp in the wide open...so yes he is douches maximus. But to get your business taken away by the self righteous scares me.

Why didn't Rev Wright lose his church? Why are some still in business like Sharpton who has used derogatory names in the past?

Lastly, how many who are offended would go play bball for him at what he pays out?

Magic Johnson is involved in this. I wonder if he is interested in the team? Why would this broad secretly tape this idiot?

More to this. And anyone who thinks this is isolated is naive.

Other than that. I don't really care. It's about some faux hurt feelings in order to dump him and take the team.

He gets an award from the NAACP last year, now he's Hitler part deaux.

In the end, his big mouth and immorality got him what he perhaps deserved. His wife is thinking karma. Yet will still support him. Money talks.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Hiring a person is indicative of the supposition of superiority and therefore anathema to a true racist. Racists aren't just about exclusion, they are about subjugation and the destruction of an inferior form of (sub)human life. True racism is so much more awful than the very bad bigotry we experience in our reasonably tolerant society that we demean the concept when we apply it incorrectly (as I believe we have in this case). Not wanting to associate with people of color is many levels less evil than genocide, slavery, or the pogrom.

But this guy is surely an [BAD WORD REMOVED] hole and I hope he's ostracized from society.

I think we are saying the same thing.  

Quote:There was a good biography on Stern.  It was the late 70's/early 80's when they couldn't even get people into the All Star game.  They were giving away free tickets for it.

He chose to focus their marketing on individuals (Magic, Bird, Isiah, Jordan) and thats what sparked the NBA.
He was the first commissioner to market it's stars individually and not the team as a whole. That was a biggie.

;