Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jag vets likely to be cut before the 2014 season

Quote:I'm thinkin Marcedes. 
Wouldn't be a good idea to cut him, he could be traded tho. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We had three on the roster most of last year.
Yeah but let's be honest Henne/Stanzi were the only Qbs really active after Gabberts benching. 

I know this is outside the guidelines of the thread, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.... Delone Carter

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 01:50 AM by Joe.)

Quote:Why cut Alualu? It's the last year of his deal. Just let him play it out.
Free a spot for an up-and-comer, get rid of the obligation.

Quote:I'm thinkin Marcedes.

Makes sense. I'll go with marcedes as number one too, with prosinski as 2.

I love how this thread is now "Pick the player you've always had an agenda against to be released."  Just funny.

Alualu and Marcedes are going nowhere this year.

Cut Marcedes only if you selected a TE in the draft that is just flatout better.

Don't cut Marcedes and open up another hole at TE, forcing you to draft one.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I love how this thread is now "Pick the player you've always had an agenda against to be released." Just funny.

It certainly sounds, to me, that Bradley likes both of them.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

FB Will Ta'ofu'ou ...Bradie Ewing to take the lone spot.

Quote:I love how this thread is now "Pick the player you've always had an agenda against to be released." Just funny.

I think youre grasping. Alualu is probably not going anywhere bc he is a consistent performer paid adequately. Lewis is overpaid and is very inconsistent, plus has had injury issues. He makes some of the money on the team and could very easily be replaced by a draft pick.

Quote:It certainly sounds, to me, that Bradley likes both of them.

Bradley would have something positive to say about the cat my dog dragged in. Alualu is a fit for the d though. Lewis should provide to be a safety option for a rookie QB if we do elect to play one. However I've thought that for years and he never has developed a connection with any of our quartbacks, on a consistent basis.

Quote:Chad Henne if we draft 2 QBs and both out play him in the preseason?

Chad henne if we draft 2 QB's and ONE outplays him in the preseason.

I said Marcedes because he is tremendously overpaid for his underwhelming production at a non-premium position.  The team is getting younger and faster, why would they pay a fortune for an aging TE who isn't going to be on the roster when the Jaguars are ready to make a playoff run in 2015?   Might as well cut him and save his salary cost against the cap.  

Bottom line - he isn't worth what he's going to get paid.  

This will probably be Alualu and Rackleys last year, used for depth..

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 12:08 PM by WingerDinger.)

I can't see Alualu going anywhere this season. He's serviceable for now and is needed for depth..  I would think this is his last season under Gus. Kind of a "put up or be gone" season.

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Marcedes cut... the joke to end all jokes.  Simply asinine.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Bradley would have something positive to say about the cat my dog dragged in. Alualu is a fit for the d though. Lewis should provide to be a safety option for a rookie QB if we do elect to play one. However I've thought that for years and he never has developed a connection with any of our quartbacks, on a consistent basis.
How cute. Something nice about a cat. Tee hee. Once again, TO ME, it sounds like Bradley likes the two of them. If either are gone, it would surprise me.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Prosinski is the only one mentioned I agree with. Bryant will require rotation.  That means Alualu.

Fisch has stated several times he sees a bigger role for Lewis. Doubt he's going anywhere. By 2015 they'll have his replacement ready.

Rackley - while terrible at times - would probably be the best depth on the roster at guard - assuming a new face takes over at RG. But he is more of a possibility than Alualu or Lewis to be released IMO.

Brian Sexton

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 05:36 PM by FranTheMan-ziel.)

Is Kevin Rutland still on the roster? I think he may of been on IR. If so him

Edit: he was cut, soo.. hmm I forgot Proz was on the roster, HIM!  Maybe Mike Harris if we draft a CB.

Quote:<div>
I rolled on the floor laughing, With all those missed reads in the pocket Manziel had to improvise. If he had just stuck to the play book (or just be Teddy Bridgewater) A&M would have been in the National Title hunt late

</div>
Trolls gonna troll.  Wallbash