Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Amusement Parks

This one?

[Image: Dominator08.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No. It was the grizzly. Don't know if it's still there anymore.

Quote:No, Dueling Dragons isn't the Harry Potter ride. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has its own roller coaster, which is damn near impossible to ride, unless you sprint there as soon as the park opens. Dueling Dragons had the name changed to the Dragon Challenge.

The Hulk is probably my favorite roller coaster that I've ever ridden. I love being shot out of the tunnel and feeling the Gs pressing against you.

Okay, thanks! I haven't been down there since they added the Harry Potter stuff. Where did they add the new ride? The park didn't look like it had much room to expand without taking something out.

I love the Hulk ride! It just doesn't seem to like me very much!! Sad
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It's the only one I've ever been to, but Paramount's King's Dominion in Richmond really is a nice one.  I'm scared to death of heights though, so I don't really ride many roller coasters.  My wife usually pushes me into going on a couple each time we go though.  Their water park is fantastic.  White Water Canyon is still my favorite ride there.  When I was younger, I probably rode it seven times in a row once.  My kids absolutely love going, and they keep begging us to get season passes, but it's a little far of a drive (a little more than an hour)

We want to try to go to Disney World some day. My wife's been before. But it'd be a nice vacation for the kids.  We really just don't travel much.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

When I was a kid, my grandparents lived in Denver, CO. We traveled there every year to visit them, and a trip to Elitch's was always a staple of our visits. For years I would make a beeline for their big roller coaster, hoping I'd grown tall enough to ride it. Finally, one year my head reached the line. As I recall, it was the most terrifying and thrilling experience of my young life, and I didn't get into another roller coaster until Space Mountain years later. There was one section in particular, where the tracks went straight out over the parking lot before taking a sharp right turn that you couldn't see if you weren't in the front cars. To this day I can still feel the terrifying certainty that were were going to fly off the tracks and down into the parking lot.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:No, Dueling Dragons isn't the Harry Potter ride. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has its own roller coaster, which is damn near impossible to ride, unless you sprint there as soon as the park opens. Dueling Dragons had the name changed to the Dragon Challenge.

The Hulk is probably my favorite roller coaster that I've ever ridden. I love being shot out of the tunnel and feeling the Gs pressing against you.

The only other coaster I know of in Harry Potter area is Flight of the Hippogriff. I've never ridden it. Malabar Jr. says it's a children's coaster. The main Harry Potter ride is a simulation combo ride like Spiderman and Transformers. BTW, Transformers is awesome. Very intense.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I think I may be the only non coaster rider in this thread.. My feet stay firmly on the ground, thanks..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I think I may be the only non coaster rider in this thread.. My feet stay firmly on the ground, thanks..
Yeah, screw rollercoasters.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Astro World wasn't a water park... Tongue
I remember going to AstroWorld way back when. Isn't the water park near there called Water World?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 10:23 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm dying to hear TMD's review of this gem.  You just know he's been there and has a story or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhN0YI0FpDE

I think that's him below the waterslide at the end of the commercial (0:50 mark.)

Ahh, good ol Class-Action Park.....lol

Yeah, been there. That place was nuts. It was nicknamed the above because so many people sustained injuries or died there while partaking the rides. 

The workers (mostly teenagers) were usually all drunk or high as well, so they never really paid much attention to their jobs. Thus, contributing to the safety issues. 

They had this one water slide that actually did a full loop at the bottom, and at the time was the first of its kind....lol, that lasted maybe a year, as it was poorly designed and too many people got hurt or stuck. in the loop or just before it due to lack of water pressure. 

Then there was the rapids ride that sent you into this pitch dark tunnel (which isn't the smartest idea for a rapids ride....many instances of riders getting banged up and bloodied in that or once out of the tunnel, into that wall at almost full force, lol.....what a place...

Its reputation for injury got so bad that it was losing patrons left and right by the mid 1990's and closed (bankruptcy) However, it was bought by another owner and safety was made a bigger priority, and it re-opened a few years later...Its actually going back to its original name of Action Park this summer. 

Its not the draw it once was though. Too much competition now. It used to be pretty much the only one of its kind in that area back in the day. 

When Wild Adventures opened in Valdosta they had a few good rides. Haven't been in years, but last time I was there most weren't in good working order.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:When Wild Adventures opened in Valdosta they had a few good rides. Haven't been in years, but last time I was there most weren't in good working order.
The park had financial troubles for a long time and wound up selling to the people who own Dollywood. I haven't been there since...2010, maybe? Maybe earlier? Most of the same rides are there, but they didn't ride the same. Cheetah, for example, was once my favorite roller coaster. The last time I rode on it, it felt slower, sluggish, and incredibly bumpy. The rides just haven't aged well, and the old ownership group was either unable or unwilling to spend much money restoring them. No idea if the new ownership group has done any refurb work on the older rides.

Quote:The park had financial troubles for a long time and wound up selling to the people who own Dollywood. I haven't been there since...2010, maybe? Maybe earlier? Most of the same rides are there, but they didn't ride the same. Cheetah, for example, was once my favorite roller coaster. The last time I rode on it, it felt slower, sluggish, and incredibly bumpy. The rides just haven't aged well, and the old ownership group was either unable or unwilling to spend much money restoring them. No idea if the new ownership group has done any refurb work on the older rides.

I've been there once...several years ago. Was not impressed in the slightest... :no:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I've only been to Six Flags Magic Mountain and California's Great America. X2 from Six Flags easily the best coaster I've ever been on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WTD0Hc9anw

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"