Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 10 American Musicians of All Time

Quote:Ah crap thats right, keep forgetting that part!!!!!

Quit being such a rule follower.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Quit being such a rule follower.. 

I'm the first person that broke the rule......lol.....look at my first list on page one... Laughing 

Quote:Elvis is so damn overrated its not funny. 

He's remembered for making the teeny bopper girls swoon, lets face it. As a musician, pretty damn average. Didn't write many of his songs, just okay voice, ok so he played a little piano allegedly.... He still belongs nowhere near a list like this.

We should take you serious when you put " great American " bands Rush, Black Sabbath and the Beatles on your list.

Oops didn't read the question is typical of shooting off your yap without reading what someone else is saying or asking. Typical.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Why? Do think Ozzy and AC/ DC are American ?
No. Australian and British. Duh!

Jk. But we like the same stuff. That's why I said it. Typing things on a message board people take things the wrong way a lot.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014, 07:49 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Quote:A. redundant. I essentially said the same thing. 

B. Oh please. Elvis contributed nothing to that except for singing like a tuna and gyrating on stage. He wrote little of his stuff, and overall wasn't really all that talented at all. I wouldn't doubt if the piano he supposedly played on stage was an automatic, lol... Milli Vanilli before Milli Vanilli Laughing
I guess its what you consider to be influential.  At the end of the day, when people like Johnny Cash, John Lennon, and Jerry Lee Lewis (amongst others) say he was the birth of it all, that holds a little bit of weight in my book.  But then again, music is all about the individual.  There are people who like a lot of stuff I don't like.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Chryssie Hynde/ Pretenders is an excellent addition to this thread (if they are American)...

She is, the rest of the original band was not.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'm the first person that broke the rule......lol.....look at my first list on page one... Laughing

Ok.. You're forgiven..

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014, 07:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I guess at the end of the day its what you consider to be influential.  At the end of the day, when people like Johnny Cash, John Lennon, and Jerry Lee Lewis (amongst others) say he was the birth of it all, that holds a little bit of weight in my book.  But then again, music is all about the individual.  There are people who like a lot of stuff I don't like.

I see it like this - if its going to be a list about great musicians, then you have to list people that were at least great at either or all of writing both lyrically or musically, playing an instrument, singing. Elvis was not great at any of that. He was essentially a novelty act. He danced like no one did before on stage and had a cool look to him, (for the time)....big friggin deal. Thats not an all time musical great in my book, nor should it be in anyones. People list him because they feel they should. 

I do love me some johnny cash. I will say that.

Quote:Reggie

Jay-Z

Tupac

Biggie

Andre from Outkast

Jada

Kurupt

Nas

Eminem
I didn't see David Allen Coe on your list. Not a fan?

Quote:Are you my twin?

Might be.. Is that good for me or bad for you?

Quote:Might be.. Is that good for me or bad for you?

That's probably bad for me.

Quote:That's probably bad for me.

Just being honest here, you're prolly right.. 

Quote:I didn't see David Allen Coe on your list. Not a fan?

Lol. Maybe his long hair hides his redneckness. Or things about butt love. Coe. Piece of work. Lol.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Lol. Maybe his long hair hides his redneckness. Or things about butt love. Coe. Piece of work. Lol.
I think that is how one would sum him up as, " a piece of work".

But if your on #10 of 12 of natty light fishing for catfish underneath the bridge on the fla ga line on the st Mary's river, it's really only cash or Coe blasting from your truck speakers.

You guys are just listing your favorite bands.   I thought the thread was musicians, meaning individuals who played a musical instrument.   Like Jimi Hendrix or Eddie Van Halen.   NOT the Jimi Hendrix Experience or Van Halen.   Individual people.  

Quote:You guys are just listing your favorite bands.   I thought the thread was musicians, meaning individuals who played a musical instrument.   Like Jimi Hendrix or Eddie Van Halen.   NOT the Jimi Hendrix Experience or Van Halen.   Individual people.
Not to be confrontational, but does it really matter? I'm not sure how the op meant it. But as long as they from 'Murcia, it's all good. Right?

Quote:You guys are just listing your favorite bands.   I thought the thread was musicians, meaning individuals who played a musical instrument.   Like Jimi Hendrix or Eddie Van Halen.   NOT the Jimi Hendrix Experience or Van Halen.   Individual people.  

Yeah, it went off the rails in the first post. 

TMD wanted to put Wham! on his list, but someone pointed out this is a 'murican list, so he was extremely disappointed. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:She is, the rest of the original band was not.

She's American, and she's always looked like someone you'd probably catch an STD from. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I guess its what you consider to be influential.  At the end of the day, when people like Johnny Cash, John Lennon, and Jerry Lee Lewis (amongst others) say he was the birth of it all, that holds a little bit of weight in my book.  But then again, music is all about the individual.  There are people who like a lot of stuff I don't like.
Yeah, well, what do guys like Cash, Lennon, and Lewis know about that?  He just sang! 

Seriously, he's not my cup of tea, but you can't deny the influence he had on music when he came on the scene.  To deny that is just arguing for the sake of arguing, which NOBODY in this thread could ever be accused of, right?