Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good is Chad Henne?

Quote:The guy can't even get off the couch without having to drain his knee.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Henne 2013

305/503, 3241, 13/14

Garrard 2009

314/516, 3597, 15/10

Henne deserves credit where it's due.  He finished the season stronger than he started it, which is something Garrard never did.

So you're equating a guy with a playoff win and a season passer rating over 100 to a guy who has never broken 80 or thrown more TDs than INTs in a season?

Henne deserves credit for not getting injured and playing out the string, but it's obvious to anyone impartial why he finished the season more strongly than he started it. Reverse the game order and you'd be talking about what a great start he had to the season.

Congrats to Henne for looking almost average against the other dregs of the league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you're equating a guy with a playoff win and a season passer rating over 100 to a guy who has never broken 80 or thrown more TDs than INTs in a season?

Henne deserves credit for not getting injured and playing out the string, but it's obvious to anyone impartial why he finished the season more strongly than he started it. Reverse the game order and you'd be talking about what a great start he had to the season.

Congrats to Henne for looking almost average against the other dregs of the league.

Yes, I am.  It doesn't take a special QB to win a playoff game.  It takes a team to get there and win.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:So you're equating a guy with a playoff win and a season passer rating over 100 to a guy who has never broken 80 or thrown more TDs than INTs in a season?

You consider yourself impartial?

I needed a good laugh. Thanks.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 02:51 PM by Haterade.)

I'll easily take Garrard over anyone we've had the past ten years

Garrard had his moments, Henne's had garbage time

I once saw a piece of garbage having Henne time.

Quote:I'll easily take Garrard over anyone we've had the past ten years

Well, great.  Now you have him again.  It's ok to root for him.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 06:43 PM by Redsky39.)

Quote:The guy can't even get off the couch without having to drain his knee.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Henne 2013

305/503, 3241, 13/14

Garrard 2009

314/516, 3597, 15/10

Henne deserves credit where it's due. He finished the season stronger than he started it, which is something Garrard never did.
Is this stat comparison supposed to mean something? Henne's clearly the less productive one by those stats. And you're only using one year from Garrard.

Garrard 2007

208/325, 2509, 18/3

Garrard 2010

236/366, 2734, 23/15

And not one season has Henne topped a rating of 80, something Garrard did all of his starting years and he topped 90 twice. Garrard's clearly superior.

There is another positive about Henne that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

He's not going to get caught in a Hotel room with a couple of other NFL players and a drugged out naked woman who feels like something wrong happened to her but she just can't remember enough about the incident to recall exactly what it was, and then have his reputation questioned/ruined while he's being investigated.

So there's that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Henne:

+Good Arm- Henne has a gun that very few talk about.  He can throw it deep and hard

+Tough- Will stand in the pocket and take the hit to make the completion. The anti-gabbert. He has earned his respect from coaches and teammates.

+Hot Streak- Henne sometimes gets really hot and looks like a great QB at times. He had some impressive games last season

+Good Leader- He commands the offense and isn't afraid to yell at the young guys for messing up. The team responds to him

-Cold Streak- The Mr Hyde of Henne. At times he flat out looks awful and you scratch your head at some of his choices

-Too many Ints- I think he maybe over confident. He tries to force throws into tight coverage and pays for it.

-Red Zone Struggles. Henne is good at getting us to the redzone but far too often do we not score. This team has been near the bottom for a long time.

People forget that Henne did not have an offseason  as a starter. I want to see what he has got with a good offseason and some weapons.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

@Jaguarmvp...what impressive "games" did he have last year?  He may have had some good drives...even an impressive throw or two...but I have not seen one game that he has started here that was "impressive" the entire game or even the bulk of the game.

Again with the "we forget that Henne did not have an offseason as a starter" crap...Gabbert was never truly the uncontested anointed starter here...Henne was able to compete every year...people seem to forget (I think it was) two years ago Gabber OUTPLAYED Henne in the preseason to earn the start.

Why do people need to "see what we have" with Henne with more weapons, a stud Oline, a great running game, and a great D...well heck people...Trent freaking Dilfer won a SB in that situation...

Quote:@Jaguarmvp...what impressive "games" did he have last year?  He may have had some good drives...even an impressive throw or two...but I have not seen one game that he has started here that was "impressive" the entire game or even the bulk of the game.

Again with the "we forget that Henne did not have an offseason as a starter" crap...Gabbert was never truly the uncontested anointed starter here...Henne was able to compete every year...people seem to forget (I think it was) two years ago Gabber OUTPLAYED Henne in the preseason to earn the start.

Why do people need to "see what we have" with Henne with more weapons, a stud Oline, a great running game, and a great D...well heck people...Trent freaking Dilfer won a SB in that situation...

You're really getting yourself worked up into a lather over this.

I don't think anyone is expecting Henne to become a quality starter. Most here simply recognize that he's serviceable while the next guy is groomed to take over. They also recognize that there weren't an endless supply of better options available to the team in free agency or by trade, and that the prospect of finding a franchise level QB in the draft is a 50/50 prospect at best.

Henne is keeping a spot warm for now.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You're really getting yourself worked up into a lather over this.

I don't think anyone is expecting Henne to become a quality starter. Most here simply recognize that he's serviceable while the next guy is groomed to take over. They also recognize that there weren't an endless supply of better options available to the team in free agency or by trade, and that the prospect of finding a franchise level QB in the draft is a 50/50 prospect at best.

Henne is keeping a spot warm for now.
exactly.. I think people just like arguing for the sake of arguing and being able to later say I was right.

Unfortunately Henne is all we have right now as far as experienced QB's go. The Jags will definately draft at least one QB this upcoming draft and either draft a 2nd one late or bring another one in from somewhere to compete as a camp arm.

In order for there to be a new QB under center next season, one of these newly brought in QB's will have to beat Henne out in the preseason, or some point during the season.

I would like to believe that this can happen, especially knowing that Henne has been beaten out in camp before for the starting job by some guy named Gabbert, who was last traded for a 6th rd pick.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:exactly.. I think people just like arguing for the sake of arguing and being able to later say I was right.

10 pages for a question that could be answered in two words.

"Not very."

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:10 pages for a question that could be answered in two words.

"Not very."
I agree is not very good but he's still our best option right now

Quote:@Jaguarmvp...what impressive "games" did he have last year?  He may have had some good drives...even an impressive throw or two...but I have not seen one game that he has started here that was "impressive" the entire game or even the bulk of the game.

1. Gabbert was named the starter well before the season even started last year.  He got the majority of the reps in practice and worked primarily with the 1's.

2 Oct 20th @ SD rating over 80. Oct 27th @ sf rating  over 80, Nov 24th @ houston rating over 90, Dec 5th @ houston rating over 80, Dec 22nd @ Tenn rating over 95,

The facts are there your just too blind too see them. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:exactly.. I think people just like arguing for the sake of arguing and being able to later say I was right.

They're trying to create a debate where there really isn't one to be had.

Nobody is expecting a dramatic turnaround from Henne. They're hopeful that he can minimize mistakes and at least match the output he had last year while this team works on a long term solution. People act like there was some dramatically better option available for this team, and really, that wasn't the case. It's all about looking for something to argue about. If you see Henne as a bridge, that means you're somehow an apologist.

Quote:They're trying to create a debate where there really isn't one to be had.

Nobody is expecting a dramatic turnaround from Henne. They're hopeful that he can minimize mistakes and at least match the output he had last year while this team works on a long term solution. People act like there was some dramatically better option available for this team, and really, that wasn't the case. It's all about looking for something to argue about. If you see Henne as a bridge, that means you're somehow an apologist.
you say Henne could put up decent numbers this year and you get grilled for it

Quote:you say Henne could put up decent numbers this year and you get grilled for it

Decent numbers as in matching his yardage for last season, tacking on a bit to cover the 3 starts he didn't have. Crazy talk.