Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good is Chad Henne?

Garrard was more accurate, better 3rd down completion %, more passing and rushing TDs, threat to run. He is who you want to be your stop gap.

Henne on game day isn't even average. He's just straight up meh despite having bettetR WRs. He also never gets Lewis involved. Garrard was money on those seam routes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Garrard was more accurate, better 3rd down completion %, more passing and rushing TDs, threat to run. He is who you want to be your stop gap.

Henne on game day isn't even average. He's just straight up meh despite having bettetR WRs. He also never gets Lewis involved. Garrard was money on those seam routes.
This

Quote:Numbers maybe Henne is better but Garrard seemed to do more. We actually won games. Garrard even helped us win the 2007 Playoff game against the Steelers.

Psst... it's because Garrard had a much better team around him.  Without the uncalled hold, that was the only play he made in the game.  But, that's all anyone remembers.  They don't remember how bad the rest of the game was.  In fact, it was that game when the offense dried up.  The Steelers loaded the box and every team we faced since did the same.  It was the first step in the decline that brought us where we are today.

The two QBs are completely interchangeable.

Neither was or will be any better or worse than the team around them.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Spinnnn! Weeeeeee!

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 07:52 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Psst... it's because Garrard had a much better team around him.  Without the uncalled hold, that was the only play he made in the game.  But, that's all anyone remembers.  They don't remember how bad the rest of the game was.  In fact, it was that game when the offense dried up.  The Steelers loaded the box and every team we faced since did the same.  It was the first step in the decline that brought us where we are today.

The two QBs are completely interchangeable.

Neither was or will be any better or worse than the team around them.

Put the crack pipe down. Garrard wasn't all world...and was limited but he still had his moments, more than Henne. I'd take Garrad all day everyday if I had the choose. Even in our worst season with Garrard (2008), zero pass rush, no secondary, terrible WRs, and damn near the whole O line crumbling, MJD only accumulated 824 yds, we still managed to do better than this woeful 2-14 season under your boy Henne. 

Quote:Put the crack pipe down. Garrard wasn't all world...and was limited but he still had his moments, more than Henne. I'd take Garrad all day everyday if I had the choose. Even in our worst season with Garrard (2008), zero pass rush, no secondary, terrible WRs, and damn near the whole O line crumbling, MJD only accumulated 824 yds, we still managed to do better than this woeful 2-14 season under your boy Henne. 

Jaguars were in very bad shape in 2008,and still managed 3 more wins than the team under Henne.

The team last year wishes it was as good as the 2008 team that was coming off a playoff appearance.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The team last year wishes it was as good as the 2008 team that was coming off a playoff appearance.

Okay the 2008 team was a little better despite the injuries. It was still a hot mess. I stand by what I said though Garrard was a better QB if you isolate the two.  

Quote:Okay the 2008 team was a little better despite the injuries. It was still a hot mess. I stand by what I said though Garrard was a better QB if you isolate the two.  

Translation: I like him better because he looks like me.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

The best case scenario for Henne is if the running game catches on.  Gerhart being productive along with todman or anybody else breaking out to take the pressure off the passing game. With a better rushing game and offensive line that can consistency pass block could make Henne a good game manager.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Okay the 2008 team was a little better despite the injuries. It was still a hot mess. I stand by what I said though Garrard was a better QB if you isolate the two.

Better or not, debating over this is silly. Neither is a good QB. We're talking about varying levels of bad. Garrard isn't coming back. We're stuck with Henne for the time being. Deal with it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Henne is not better than Garrard. 

Very true.

I can not imagine anyone on here who has seen both Garrard and Henne play for the Jags, would pick Henne over Garrard.

No way no how.

Garrard wasn't great by any means, but he was a dual threat and he was definately better then Henne, his better record speaks for that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Garrard in 2007 had elite: QB rating/ YPA/ completion %/ TD: INT ratio/ 3rd down %. 

Thats 5 categories. 

Garrard sure did have a great year in 2007, especially by Jag QB standards.

For those of you who think Henne is better then Garrard, when is Henne going to have a great year by Jags QB standards?? You sure better hope it's this year, because he won't get many more opportunities to do so.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Garrard sure did have a great year in 2007, especially by Jag QB standards.

For those of you who think Henne is better then Garrard, when is Henne going to have a great year by Jags QB standards?? You sure better hope it's this year, because he won't get many more opportunities to do so.

I'm pretty sure the expectation for Henne this year is to hold a spot for whoever it is that will be the next QB for the Jaguars, so I'm not sure why anyone better hope he does anything this year. I don't see anyone declaring he should be the long-term solution.

And Garrard had a GOOD year in 2007.  Go look at all the numbers.  TMD likes to cherry pick stats to make his case, but if you look at the total package, was Garrard worth the $60 million contract he got for that season?  Not really.

Quote:Better or not, debating over this is silly. Neither is a good QB. We're talking about varying levels of bad. Garrard isn't coming back. We're stuck with Henne for the time being. Deal with it.

If it was silly why engage in it? The whole thread is silly. How good is Chad Henne? Not very. Garrard was at least decent, though highly overpaid. Anyhow,  I take it you share in the state of boredom? Draft is up soon. I can't wait. 

Suggesting that Henne is average at best is insulting average.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:Suggesting that Henne is average at best is insulting average.

This lol

Quote:Suggesting that Henne is average at best is insulting average.

Yeah, but you'd have to be biased to think Garrard was the better QB than a guy who has never thrown more TDs than INTs in his career.

Quote:I'm pretty sure the expectation for Henne this year is to hold a spot for whoever it is that will be the next QB for the Jaguars, so I'm not sure why anyone better hope he does anything this year. I don't see anyone declaring he should be the long-term solution.

And Garrard had a GOOD year in 2007.  Go look at all the numbers.  TMD likes to cherry pick stats to make his case, but if you look at the total package, was Garrard worth the $60 million contract he got for that season?  Not really.

LOL "cherry picking" FIVE major QB stats?? 

Since when is listing Garrard's 2007 QBR, YPA, comp %, TD-INT ratio, and 3rd down pct, cherry picking??? Laughing 

Quote:Translation: I like him better because he looks like me.

What in the what?? :blink: 

Quote:LOL "cherry picking" FIVE major QB stats?? 

Since when is listing Garrard's 2007 QBR, YPA, comp %, TD-INT ratio, and 3rd down pct, cherry picking??? Laughing 

Go back and look at all of his stats, princess. 

As a passing offense, all those "elite" stats you like to cherry pick landed us where as a unit? 

17th (below average).

Overall, among all NFL QBs in 2007, David Garrard rated out at 18 based on passing yards (2,507).  Again, below average.

You're more than welcome to celebrate those 5 stats in order to prop up your laughable assertion that Garrard was an elite QB in 2007.  He was 22nd in passing attempts and 21st in completions, meaning the team he was playing for didn't trust him enough to throw the ball more.  His average per attempt tied him with another elite QB, Seneca Wallace.  Yards per game?  Ranked 17th.  TDs?  15th.  Pass plays over 20 and over 40 yards?  Ranked 16th for both.  Attempts per game?  32nd.  He had backup QBs ranked ahead of him.

Cherry picking 5 stats masks the reality for what actually transpired in 2007.  Garrard had a very efficient 2007.  He didn't throw a lot of interceptions because he was terrified of making mistakes.  Anyone who watched games on a regular basis saw a guy who was extremely careful, and didn't trust himself enough to let the ball go more than he did for fear he'd throw a pick.  He'd see a receiver coming open, pat the ball, and look for an outlet. 

David Garrard's "elite" stats you love to tout were nothing but fools gold.  That was proven out in subsequent years. 

You like to throw the term "fluke" out there.  If you look at Garrard's entire body of work, 2007 was a fluke.  Everything else during his career on either side of 2007 proves that.