Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good is Chad Henne?

Quote:Go back and look at all of his stats, princess. 

As a passing offense, all those "elite" stats you like to cherry pick landed us where as a unit? 

17th (below average).

....and if you were using your head for something other than a hat rack, you'd understand/ deduce why....

Fred and MoJo got a lot of carries that year which kept the Jags overall passing yardage numbers down. Yet, Garrard was masterfully efficient that season. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:....and if you were using your head for something other than a hat rack, you'd understand/ deduce why....

Fred and MoJo got a lot of carries that year which kept the Jags overall passing yardage numbers down. Yet, Garrard was masterfully efficient that season. 

So, you're trying to imply here that if Garrard had more chances, he would have done better?  History doesn't support your premise, but keep on flailing. 

"Masterfully efficient" = game manager

Not elite.

He had a good year.  It was a fluke.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 12:50 PM by Redsky39.)

Compare Chad Henne's production with Miami in 2009-2010 to Garrard's production in Jacksonville in 2009-2010. Garrard is superior in every category. 

I'm using 09' and 10' as examples because in both those years the Dolphins (14-18) and Jaguars (15-17) had pretty similar rosters in terms of talent. Oh, and don't bother saying "Jacksonville had MJD." Reason being is that Miami had the 4th ranked running game in 09' compared to Jacksonville at 10th.  Defensively Miami and Jacksonville finished at 22nd and 23rd respectively. Jacksonville was 7th in sacks allowed this year whereas Miami was tied for 15th with several other teams. 

2010 was a different story. Jacksonville had the 3rd rank running offense in the league, but also had the 28th ranked defense. Miami on the other hand had the 6th ranked defense and the 21st ranked running offense. Jacksonville and Miami were tied at 11th in sacks allowed this year. 

Despite having relatively even teams outside of the passing game, Garrard still outclassed Henne in QBR, Yards, TD's, INT's, and Completion % both years. 

And again, Henne's never cracked a 80 QBR once in a season whereas Garrard cracked it every year he started here and cracked 90 one year and 100 another year. Garrard was a middle tier QB every year he started, and even got into that "good" tier twice, Henne's not nearly close to that tier. What starter in the NFL would you NOT take over Henne?

This is withholding Garrard's running, something he's never been given much credit for. 

It's just too bad that we're withholding credit for Garrard's 07' season because of outside factors and assuming Henne would do just as well in his scenario, simply because it's convenient to assume such things. 

And I like Henne, but Garrard is simply better all the way around. 

Garrard > Henne every single day. Are you crazy?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 01:28 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So, you're trying to imply here that if Garrard had more chances, he would have done better?  History doesn't support your premise, but keep on flailing. 

"Masterfully efficient" = game manager

Not elite.

He had a good year.  It was a fluke.

If Garrard would have had more passing attempts in 2007, then yes, the yardage and TD totals would have gone up. 

I really didn't think that concept was hard for a man of your intelligence to grasp. 

We're still talking about David Garrard?

This is becoming as tedious as the Tebow threads.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:If Garrard would have had more passing attempts in 2007, then yes, the yardage and TD totals would have gone up. 

I really didn't think that concept was hard for a man of your intelligence to grasp. 

Odds are that the INTs and other mistakes would have gone up as well.  We have history to support this.  Clearly, someone of your lacking intellilgence missed that point.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Garrard > Henne every single day. Are you crazy?

Garrard is better than Henne.  Neither was or is a very good QB.  I think that's the point.  TMD is flailing away because he made the laughable declaration that Garrard was elite in 2007.  He wasn't.  He had a good year. It turned out to be a fluke, but that's only an acceptable label when TMD uses it for other players when they have one good year.

Quote:Odds are that the INTs and other mistakes would have gone up as well.  We have history to support this.  Clearly, someone of your lacking intellilgence missed that point.

The INT's may have gone up.....I mean using simple Algebra, his THREE might have went up to 4 or gasp even FIVE given the proper ratios he showed that year.... Laughing 

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 01:54 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Translation: I like him better because he looks like me.

Is that Donald Sterling talking? Why don't you say how you really feel pirkster. 

Quote:The INT's may have gone up.....I mean using simple Algebra, his THREE might have went up to 4 or gasp even FIVE given the proper ratios he showed that year.... Laughing

Or 10, or 15.  You have no way of knowing. 

What we do know is that once his contract was signed, David Jerrard returned.

What we do know is that once teams decided to shut down the running game and force Garrard to beat them with his arm, he couldn't. 

Quote:Or 10, or 15.  You have no way of knowing. 

What we do know is that once his contract was signed, David Jerrard returned.

What we do know is that once teams decided to shut down the running game and force Garrard to beat them with his arm, he couldn't. 

That year, he could. It wasn't Garrard's fault Northcutt had briefcase hands at the 1 yard line in that playoff game. 

IN following years, I agree that he couldn't. 

Quote:That year, he could. It wasn't Garrard's fault Northcutt had briefcase hands at the 1 yard line in that playoff game. 

yeah garrard was terrific against the steelers in the playoffs that year....  his 9 for 21 passing was almost so good that he didnt need to run for that 4th down conversion at the end of the game. 

he then had an ok game vs the patriots swiss cheese defense. 

all garrard ever was, was a solid, stop gap game managing qb. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:yeah garrard was terrific against the steelers in the playoffs that year....  his 9 for 21 passing was almost so good that he didnt need to run for that 4th down conversion at the end of the game. 

...Sometimes you have to give some credit to the other 11 starting on the other side.

The Steelers, defensively played well that game. 

Quote:...Sometimes you have to give some credit to the other 11 starting on the other side.

The Steelers, defensively played well that game. 

how often can you really have your cake and eat it too? ive seen you just absolutely trash players (like mack) for one game performances. maybe the offensive line, RB and TEs just blocked really well that game?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Is that Donald Sterling talking? Why don't you say how you really feel pirkster. 

Not my feelings, that's my opinion of yours based on your post history.  Sorry if you feel exposed, but it is what it is, unfortunately.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:That year, he could. It wasn't Garrard's fault Northcutt had briefcase hands at the 1 yard line in that playoff game. 

New England laid out the game plan, and Garrard was toast.  In the one playoff win, it was one play that got him his contract.  Up to that point, he'd had a horrific game that was vintage Garrard.  One run and no holding call created the myth.

Funny how you blame Northcutt.  If someone else had done anything of the sort with a player you don't like, you'd say they were making excuses. 

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 05:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:New England laid out the game plan, and Garrard was toast.  In the one playoff win, it was one play that got him his contract.  Up to that point, he'd had a horrific game that was vintage Garrard.  One run and no holding call created the myth.

Funny how you blame Northcutt.  If someone else had done anything of the sort with a player you don't like, you'd say they were making excuses. 

Funny how I blame Northcutt??.....do you not remember that important 3rd Q drop vs New England?? Garrard threw a 30 yard dart right into his mitts. It would have tied the game 21-21 if Northcutt simply catches that perfectly thrown football. Northcutt choked and dropped it. Who else am I supposed to blame there?? Garrard???

Quote:Not my feelings, that's my opinion of yours based on your post history. Sorry if you feel exposed, but it is what it is, unfortunately.

The only person you have exposed is yourself but most here already know you are a racist attention seeking clown. And in what world are personal opinions not reflective of one's feelings?

Quote:The only person you have exposed is yourself but most here already know you are a racist attention seeking clown. And in what world are personal opinions not reflective of one's feelings?

Could you provide the definition of a racist please?  Because I know it, and one thing I've never connected to Pirkster is the term racist.  I don't think you actually know what the word means based on the context of this little dig.