Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good is Chad Henne?

Quote:Funny how I blame Northcutt??.....do you not remember that important 3rd Q drop vs New England?? Garrard threw a 30 yard dart right into his mitts. It would have tied the game 21-21 if Northcutt simply catches that perfectly thrown football. Northcutt choked and dropped it. Who else am I supposed to blame there?? Garrard???

The same thing has happened dozens, if not hundreds of times to other QBs on this team. Drops were not something unique to Garrard.  But, you think he's an elite specimen, so you blame the receivers.  If it's any other QB, they clearly suck and it's not the receiver's fault.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The same thing has happened dozens, if not hundreds of times to other QBs on this team. Drops were not something unique to Garrard.  But, you think he's an elite specimen, so you blame the receivers.  If it's any other QB, they clearly suck and it's not the receiver's fault.

You always embellish/ exaggerate, why is that??

On that PLAY I make a point of giving the blame to Northcutt, who most certainly deserved it. Garrard threw a perfect pass in a very CRUCIAL spot of a divisional playoff game. 

Quote:You always embellish/ exaggerate, why is that??

On that PLAY I make a point of giving the blame to Northcutt, who most certainly deserved it. Garrard threw a perfect pass in a very CRUCIAL spot of a divisional playoff game. 
Embellish what?  The fact that we've seen QBs throw perfect passes that fell incomplete because of the receivers?  We've seen it in practically every game in franchise history.  And we've seen people dismiss the drops in order to tell us how much the QBs suck.  Not a spot of that is embellished, but we know words confuse you so I'm not surprised that's your response.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Could you provide the definition of a racist please?  Because I know it, and one thing I've never connected to Pirkster is the term racist.  I don't think you actually know what the word means based on the context of this little dig. 

He pretty much exposed/roasted himself in the Richard Sherman thread, so it's beyond laughable what he's suggested here.  Truth is the exact opposite.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 06:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Embellish what?  The fact that we've seen QBs throw perfect passes that fell incomplete because of the receivers?  We've seen it in practically every game in franchise history.  And we've seen people dismiss the drops in order to tell us how much the QBs suck.  Not a spot of that is embellished, but we know words confuse you so I'm not surprised that's your response.

How many were in Jags division playoff games, sport?...

Henne wishes he was as good as Garrard

Quote:Henne wishes he was as good as Garrard

Not even in the same tier tbh. 

Quote:Henne wishes he was as good as Garrard
We all wish that.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:How many were in Jags division playoff games, sport?...

That's relevant how, princess?

It doesn't diminish the fact that Garrard was average on his best day. It doesn't make a difference at all since Garrard hasn't been a factor on this team in years.

Henne is the starter for better or worse at the moment. He's the bridge that will lead this team into the future where there will hopefully be a more effective QB waiting to take the starting role. Garrard is ancient history of an overpaid, underperforming mediocre stating QB. Henne is a guy being paid peanuts in comparison to keep a seat warm for the next guy.

If you take a David Garrard in his best year vs Chad Henne's the sad fact based on stats is DG is a better QB.

avg 85.8 rating vs Chads 75.3 rating

2007 (12 games) 102.2 rating for DG vs Chad's last year 15 games at 75.3 rating.

In both cases most teams wouldve really had both QBs as backups and DGs ratings /stats were helped by having a healthy MojO still DG had more skill than Chad.  I think people are currently over estimating Chad's skills because they see no other option.

Quote:If you take a David Garrard in his best year vs Chad Henne's the sad fact based on stats is DG is a better QB.

avg 85.8 rating vs Chads 75.3 rating

2007 (12 games) 102.2 rating for DG vs Chad's last year 15 games at 75.3 rating.

In both cases most teams wouldve really had both QBs as backups and DGs ratings /stats were helped by having a healthy MojO still DG had more skill than Chad.  I think people are currently over estimating Chad's skills because they see no other option.

I don't see a single person over-estimating Henne's skills.  I think most here are being extremely realistic in their expectations actually.

Quote:Not even in the same tier tbh. 

2009 begs to differ.  We're back where we were then.  That's a good thing, whether you realize it or not.

Unfortunately, it's the rest of the team that's not as good.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."