Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cat ‘just flipped,’ sends 3 family members to hospital

Ugh. Cats. Terrible little beast.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ugh. Cats. Terrible little beast.

Cats are cool!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Cats are cool!!

Most cats around here are feral. We also have an abundance of Coyotes and Red-Tailed Hawks, so any cat that is tough/mean enough to survive is a cat you don't want to be around.

Quote:When I was about 10, we had family visiting for Christmas, resulting in me sleeping on a living room couch. A few nights before Christmas, our black cat got into his Christmas present of catnip that was wrapped up and under our Christmas tree. In the middle of the night, crazed on catnip, he jumped off our fireplace mantle and onto my head, howling and scratching like a rabid beast. Luckily, my head was mostly covered by a blanket or he might have scratched my eyes. It was a helluva way to wake up, and I was plenty freaked out. I nearly threw the cat, blanket and all, into the fireplace, which would have been a real disaster. As it was, that darn cat spent the rest of the night darting here and there, howling and jumping at shadows. I just huddled under the blanket and waited him out. The next morning he was passed out on the floor under the tree, surrounded by the wrapping paper he'd shredded off most of the other presents, looking for another fix of catnip.

The hell are you doing giving your cat a Christmas present?  That's your first problem.

Quote:Cats are cool!!
Only after you stick them in the refrigerator.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Only after you stick them in the refrigerator.

JW is gonna come after you!!!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014, 07:39 PM by NH3.)

I have an Co-Worker that'll feed any and every cat that steps foot on his property. They multiply three fold to say the least. There isn't a time when there is less that Thirty of them that he feeds. His cat food bill is $530+ monthly. YES I typed $530+ monthly. And that's not encluding the vet bills. In the winter months his elec. bill averages $800 because he has numerous heaters to keep them warm. Even though he has the money to do so but what would you do w/this type of money a month?

They're his life, his babies... He has a couple that will go up against most dogs but collectively canines will stay away...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I have an Co-Worker that'll feed any and every cat that steps foot on his property. They multiply three fold to say the least. There isn't a time when there is less that Thirty of them that he feeds. His cat food bill is $530+ monthly. YES I typed $530+ monthly. And that's not encluding the vet bills. In the winter months his elec. bill averages $800 because he has numerous heaters to keep them warm. Even though he has the money to do so but what would you do w/this type of money a month?

They're his life, his babies... He has a couple that will go up against most dogs but collectively canines will stay away...

NH3...

Tell him that First Coast No More Homeless Pets will fix the cats and give them a rabies shot for free right now if he lives in Duval County. Outside of Duval it's $10 per cat.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.fcnmhp.org/pets-strays/spay-neuter-programs/'>http://www.fcnmhp.org/pets-strays/spay-neuter-programs/</a>

The feral cats that lived around the jetties on NS Mayport were something.  More than once I had cats pounce out of the rocks when I landed a small fish and drag it back in.  I was fishing for cats!  My biggest fear is that they would get the hook in their mouth.  I would pull, they would tug back.  Eventually I would get a fish back with a hunk missing out of it.  The cats and the egrets competed for throw backs.

There's a disturbing personal story associated with those cats.  

Quote:The feral cats that lived around the jetties on NS Mayport were something.  More than once I had cats pounce out of the rocks when I landed a small fish and drag it back in.  I was fishing for cats!  My biggest fear is that they would get the hook in their mouth.  I would pull, they would tug back.  Eventually I would get a fish back with a hunk missing out of it.  The cats and the egrets competed for throw backs.

There's a disturbing personal story associated with those cats.

I've trapped, had fixed and released many feral cats over here in Riverside. When we first moved over here, there were way more rental properties...you'd be surprised at how many people that will move and just leave their pet behind without a second thought.

Quote:I've trapped, had fixed and released many feral cats over here in Riverside. When we first moved over here, there were way more rental properties...you'd be surprised at how many people that will move and just leave their pet behind without a second thought.

I don't doubt it.  The feral cats in Mayport came from families who were transferring and didn't want to take their pets, so they dumped them down by the jetties.

Quote:I don't doubt it.  The feral cats in Mayport came from families who were transferring and didn't want to take their pets, so they dumped them down by the jetties.

Poor kitties!! And people wonder why cats have such attitudes...you don't see many people moving and leaving the dog behind to fend for themselves!!

Quote:Poor kitties!! And people wonder why cats have such attitudes...you don't see many people moving and leaving the dog behind to fend for themselves!!

When I was overseas I returned to retrieve something from a house I had shared with a couple of co-workers.  We had all moved out a couple of weeks earlier.  Inside this locked house in the tropics I found the cat of one of the guys still there.  I don't know how the poor thing survived.  Apparently it found water somewhere but no food. It was thin. That butthole and his wife had intentionally left the poor thing there to die.  I didn't think much of the guy before and that pretty much sealed my opinion of him.      

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014, 08:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I don't doubt it.  The feral cats in Mayport came from families who were transferring and didn't want to take their pets, so they dumped them down by the jetties.

Quote:Poor kitties!! And people wonder why cats have such attitudes...you don't see many people moving and leaving the dog behind to fend for themselves!!

Thats terrible. People are selfish scum. 

Quote:When I was overseas I returned to retrieve something from a house I had shared with a couple of co-workers.  We had all moved out a couple of weeks earlier.  Inside this locked house in the tropics I found the cat of one of the guys still there.  I don't know how the poor thing survived.  Apparently it found water somewhere but no food. It was thin. That [BAD WORD REMOVED] and his wife had intentionally left the poor thing there to die.  I didn't think much of the guy before and that pretty much sealed my opinion of him.      

What did you do with the cat?

I personally have no respect for people who abuse animals. They're cowards and pathetic..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:When I was overseas I returned to retrieve something from a house I had shared with a couple of co-workers.  We had all moved out a couple of weeks earlier.  Inside this locked house in the tropics I found the cat of one of the guys still there.  I don't know how the poor thing survived.  Apparently it found water somewhere but no food. It was thin. That [BAD WORD REMOVED] and his wife had intentionally left the poor thing there to die.  I didn't think much of the guy before and that pretty much sealed my opinion of him.

Poor baby!! Makes you want to do the same to them!

Quote:What did you do with the cat?

*burp*  Umm....

We took it our new place and kept it until one day it didn't come back.

Quote:*burp*  Umm....

Least you gave it a chance!!

Quote:*burp* Umm....

Good man..

Hell I have pets that are higher up on ladder than a lot of humans I know..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]