Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville sports radio & Justin Blackmon

Quote:I think many people are shooting the messenger on here because it isn't what they want to hear.  I agree with the original poster in that the tone has changed dramatically with some in the local media.  Did anyone hear Dan Hicken on Friday?  He stated that Blackmon is not coming back.  When given an opportunity by the co-host (not Prosser) to qualify or back track his statement, he didn't take it.  He said that there was "zero percent" chance that Blackmon is coming back.  This is a completely different tone from a couple months ago.  I'm not saying that I agree that it is zero percent, but I highly suspect Hicken wouldn't say that unless he's gotten some new inside information.  1010xl has recently become the flagship station of the Jaguars.  I suspect Hicken has gotten improved access to the Jaguars and with that, he's clearly become much, much more pessimistic of a Blackmon return.  I'm working on the assumption that Blackmon isn't returning and then will consider it a very pleasant bonus if he does.

Zero reason to believe this

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They both said it again this morning. Dan made it sound like he may not play anymore ever. 

Just the sad truth of being a Jag fan. Finally got an explosive player at wideout, kids a headcase and screws it up.

Reggie Williams but, worse.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

He is definitely playing for somebody eventually

Quote:They both said it again this morning. Dan made it sound like he may not play anymore ever.

Just the sad truth of being a Jag fan. Finally got an explosive player at wideout, kids a headcase and screws it up.

Reggie Williams but, worse.

The difference is that Reggie Williams lacked talent. Blackmon doesnt.

Quote:I think many people are shooting the messenger on here because it isn't what they want to hear.  I agree with the original poster in that the tone has changed dramatically with some in the local media.  Did anyone hear Dan Hicken on Friday?  He stated that Blackmon is not coming back.  When given an opportunity by the co-host (not Prosser) to qualify or back track his statement, he didn't take it.  He said that there was "zero percent" chance that Blackmon is coming back.  This is a completely different tone from a couple months ago.  I'm not saying that I agree that it is zero percent, but I highly suspect Hicken wouldn't say that unless he's gotten some new inside information.  1010xl has recently become the flagship station of the Jaguars.  I suspect Hicken has gotten improved access to the Jaguars and with that, he's clearly become much, much more pessimistic of a Blackmon return.  I'm working on the assumption that Blackmon isn't returning and then will consider it a very pleasant bonus if he does.

Exactly.  Hicken has a lot better access to the Jags then a lot of us jokers on the board.  I trust his perspective more then I do some dude with a username:  snoopy164jag

The 3 times Gene traded up backfired. Wallbash

Blackmon

Gabbert

Cox - gave up a 2nd round pick to obtain an extra 3rd round pick.

Quote:Exactly.  Hicken has a lot better access to the Jags then a lot of us jokers on the board.  I trust his perspective more then I do some dude with a username:  snoopy164jag
But, in the end, he doesn't know anything more than anyone on this board.  The team has made their intentions here pretty clear.  He's reported it himself.  When he or Prosser say Blackmon won't be back as if that's set in stone, they're not getting that from the team. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The difference is that Reggie Williams lacked talent. Blackmon doesnt.
Williams had plenty of talent, he was just dirt slow.

Quote:They both said it again this morning. Dan made it sound like he may not play anymore ever. 

#becauseja....

Quote:He is definitely playing for somebody eventually

I agree with this. If the Jags are dumb enough to let him walk scott free or trade him away for peanuts, we'll eventually be seeing this kid in an NFL HOF induction in about 20 years. Hopefully it will be for an NFC team, rather than one of our division rivals but ya know...

Hicken may have sufficient info to reasonably guess based on all the NFL rules Blackmon has no chance to be reinstated.

Quote:Hicken may have sufficient info to reasonably guess based on all the NFL rules Blackmon has no chance to be reinstated.

He would have to have inside information from Blackmon himself in order to be able to have that kind of insight because the team isn't privy to where he's at in whatever recovery he is in (if any).  

I like Hicken, but I seriously doubt he's an effective enough journalist to have anything more than a fan's opinion on this subject.  People think a sports guy is going to have all this super secret information.  If he had a scoop, a real scoop on this, it would be out there already. 

I honestly think both Hicken and Prosser are saying what they're saying based on nothing more than the expectation that Blackmon's track record with past transgressions dictates what is going to happen moving forward, and that's probably a pretty safe bet.  Based on what we know about his past, odds are pretty good he's going to be suspended again at some point.  So, it's easy to say he'll never play another down here. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I find it hysterical how some of you guys act like you know, without a doubt, that Blackmon will never play for us again. 

He will be reinstated at some point this season (worst case scenario, next season) and will play. To think otherwise is silly. Now if he will do something stupid again and get banned for life, I don't know. 

Quote:I find it hysterical how some of you guys act like you know, without a doubt, that Blackmon will never play for us again. 

He will be reinstated at some point this season (worst case scenario, next season) and will play. To think otherwise is silly. Now if he will do something stupid again and get banned for life, I don't know. 
There's really nothing to motivate the team to move on.  They've said on more than one occasion that they're looking at him as a luxury.  They'll continue to build the team anticipating he won't be back, and when / if he is reinstated, they'll enjoy it while it lasts.  I don't see them dumping him unless this happens again, or he simply comes back and shows that he's learned nothing from any of this.  My hope is he's been shaken back into reality, and maybe he'll appreciate where he's at in his life, and what's at stake.

If anyone was smart, they'd find a way to connect him with Jimmy Smith so he can see exactly where his life could wind up if he's not willing to get back on the right path. 

Quote:There's really nothing to motivate the team to move on.  They've said on more than one occasion that they're looking at him as a luxury.  They'll continue to build the team anticipating he won't be back, and when / if he is reinstated, they'll enjoy it while it lasts.  I don't see them dumping him unless this happens again, or he simply comes back and shows that he's learned nothing from any of this.  My hope is he's been shaken back into reality, and maybe he'll appreciate where he's at in his life, and what's at stake.

If anyone was smart, they'd find a way to connect him with Jimmy Smith so he can see exactly where his life could wind up if he's not willing to get back on the right path. 

Connect those two and maybe you're giving the spark to the fire.  I remember Blackmon befriending a sick girl during his other comeback.  Where is the accountability there?  When you make that kind of press move then it's almost impossible to go back to your ways without looking like a complete donkey.  Guess what, it didn't matter to Justin and he did it to himself.

Less than 5% chance Blackmon ever plays 16 games in a season, for anybody.

Quote:Connect those two and maybe you're giving the spark to the fire.  I remember Blackmon befriending a sick girl during his other comeback.  Where is the accountability there?  When you make that kind of press move then it's almost impossible to go back to your ways without looking like a complete donkey.  Guess what, it didn't matter to Justin and he did it to himself.

He already has. 

Quote:Connect those two and maybe you're giving the spark to the fire.  I remember Blackmon befriending a sick girl during his other comeback.  Where is the accountability there?  When you make that kind of press move then it's almost impossible to go back to your ways without looking like a complete donkey.  Guess what, it didn't matter to Justin and he did it to himself.

I really believe it would be a great opportunity for healing for both guys if they could somehow come together in some sort of mentoring type relationship.  If anyone would understand what's at stake, it's #82. 

Quote:I really believe it would be a great opportunity for healing for both guys if they could somehow come together in some sort of mentoring type relationship.  If anyone would understand what's at stake, it's #82. 

I like this idea. Justin, meet your future if you don't straighten up. Jimmy, show him what to do and what NOT to do. Let him learn from your mistakes. A present Jag and an all time great Jag helping each other out of troubling times and back on track for a positive future.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014, 10:10 PM by SuperJville.)

Isn't Jimmy in jail?

http://archive.firstcoastnews.com/sports...ississippi

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Isn't Jimmy in jail?

http://archive.firstcoastnews.com/sports...ississippi

No

;

;

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 06:20 AM by Jags2DaDeath.)

Quote:Exactly.  Hicken has a lot better access to the Jags then a lot of us jokers on the board.  I trust his perspective more then I do some dude with a username:  snoopy164jag

He has just as much access as any other journalist in Jacksonville. If this was true, than why hasn't he "broken" a story like ever? He's been here 20 years, what is he waiting for?

Even funnier is when Red Bryant and Alex Mack were visiting Jacksonville, those stories were broken by who? Alfie...who has zero access.

;

;