Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville sports radio & Justin Blackmon

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 08:46 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:He has just as much access as any other journalist in Jacksonville. If this was true, than why hasn't he "broken" a story like ever? He's been here 20 years, what is he waiting for?

Even funnier is when Red Bryant and Alex Mack were visiting Jacksonville, those stories were broken by who? Alfie...who has zero access.

lol --- an alfie lover.  I think he also broke the stories that every draft pick by Shack and Gene were perfect for our team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol --- an alfie lover.  I think he also broke the stories that every draft pick by Shack and Gene were perfect for our team.

Alfie lover? Alrighty.

Nothing I said is untrue. He got two scoops that the "connected" journos with access failed to get. I know you probably think what 1010XL says is gospel but they are just as clueless as the rest of us.

;

;

Quote:Just trust me, their tone has changed a lot.  I think they do know something, something they're not allowed to report.

He won't be back.

I'll trust you.  After all, I know you from the internet.

The guys on 1010XL, especially Frangie, like to act like they are really in the know. When I hear them say stuff like "my sources say..." and "what I am hearing is...", I just laugh and roll my eyes.

;

;

Just yesterday.   Prosser and Hicken insisted Blackmon would never play again, but offered no real reason why other than "maturity".  O'Halloran and Oesher said they think Blackmon will play next season but no earlier than 8 games into the season.   Believe who you wish.

Quote:Williams had plenty of talent, he was just dirt slow.

Id say speed is a talent

Quote:Just yesterday.   Prosser and Hicken insisted Blackmon would never play again, but offered no real reason why other than "maturity".  O'Halloran and Oesher said they think Blackmon will play next season but no earlier than 8 games into the season.   Believe who you wish.

Like I said earlier, nobody knows, including the guy covering every move the team makes for the TU, and the guy who feeds their website.   Those guys have far more insight into things happening at the stadium, and they think he'll be back at some point.  Even with them, I take it with a grain of salt because nobody knows with any level of certainty what is actually going to happen.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Like I said earlier, nobody knows, including the guy covering every move the team makes for the TU, and the guy who feeds their website.   Those guys have far more insight into things happening at the stadium, and they think he'll be back at some point.  Even with them, I take it with a grain of salt because nobody knows with any level of certainty what is actually going to happen.

It's really up to Blackmon. But Oehser did also say that he thinks the Jaguars WANT him to play for them. 

The misconception here is that just because 1010XL became the flagship station, that equated to new unprecedented levels of access to the Jaguars organization.

This does not mean Prosser, Hicken and Frangy now sit in the sauna with Shad passing on their immense knowledge to help him be more successful.

Nothing could be further from the truth. They are merely a conduit for Jaguars programming, which is produced in house at the Stadium and fed to them.

So, where there is an vacuum of information, they are free to insinuate what ever they want.

I wonder if Alfie camped out at the airport? If he did, good for him.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:It's really up to Blackmon. But Oehser did also say that he thinks the Jaguars WANT him to play for them.

I put more credence in what Oehser has to say based on his proximity to the people actually making those decisions.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 03:20 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's really up to Blackmon. But Oehser did also say that he thinks the Jaguars WANT him to play for them. 

Thats cool that its up to Blackmon....but if I'm the Jags I do not let Blackmon play anywhere else without a fight. I.e. I wouldn't release him or trade him away for pennies on the dollar. 

Blackmon has elite skill. Players of his ability do not come along all that often. 

Quote:lol --- an alfie lover.  I think he also broke the stories that every draft pick by Shack and Gene were perfect for our team.

My favorites were his perennial Spring stories about how this was the year that we're switching to a 3-4, and how Meester was going to be cut.  Those started back in the final JDR year(s.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:My favorites were his perennial Spring stories about how this was the year that we're switching to a 3-4, and how Meester was going to be cut.  Those started back in the final JDR year(s.)

Hey, you've got to fill the dead zone.

Quote:Hey, you've got to fill the dead zone.

Good point.  At least they brought discussion.  Better than the fanboy slapfights we're left with today.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The misconception here is that just because 1010XL became the flagship station, that equated to new unprecedented levels of access to the Jaguars organization.

This does not mean Prosser, Hicken and Frangy now sit in the sauna with Shad passing on their immense knowledge to help him be more successful.

Nothing could be further from the truth. They are merely a conduit for Jaguars programming, which is produced in house at the Stadium and fed to them.

So, where there is an vacuum of information, they are free to insinuate what ever they want.

HeadSlap

I think Alfie probably has somebody (a security guard, driver, janitor, etc) that he is friendly with and passes on names.

;

;

Quote:I think Alfie probably has somebody (a security guard, driver, janitor, etc) that he is friendly with and passes on names.

You'd be amazed where the best info comes from.

Quote:The misconception here is that just because 1010XL became the flagship station, that equated to new unprecedented levels of access to the Jaguars organization.

HeadSlap
It would appear that I am quite Wrong..

The staff at 1010XL do have substantial levels of access with JAG Central. There is a new show that will originate from the Jaguar Studio featuring Mike Dempsey.

I think that will run 10a-3p and still wondering the lineup of Jaguar shows each evening 7p-8p or 9p.

Jessica B is even more in the loop and 1010XL will have a lot of features coming up from team activities including some traveling with the team.

This is really great, it gives the Jaguars the local radio outlet that every other NFL team has in their hometown.

Thanks to my bud at 4 for the correcting my "wrong opinion"  Gotta love Prisco.

Still pretty sure the Sauna is not happening.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:It would appear that I am quite Wrong..

The staff at 1010XL do have substantial levels of access with JAG Central. There is a new show that will originate from the Jaguar Studio featuring Mike Dempsey.

I think that will run 10a-3p and still wondering the lineup of Jaguar shows each evening 7p-8p or 9p.

Jessica B is even more in the loop and 1010XL will have a lot of features coming up from team activities including some traveling with the team.

This is really great, it gives the Jaguars the local radio outlet that every other NFL team has in their hometown.

HeadSlap

Listening to Jessica Blaylock, I don't get the sense that she is privy to much.

;

;

Quote:It would appear that I am quite Wrong..

HeadSlap
That hasn't started yet, so your opinion wasn't incorrect previously.  Even with the shows originating from the stadium, most of the insight they're going to get is going to come from the players, and not the front office on personnel decisions. 

It will be nice to get some additional broadcasting opportunities that are Jaguar related, but I won't be holding my breath for behind the scenes details about front office decisions.

One of the reasons why the 1010XL move is a good one for the team is because they're now on a locally owned/operated station that is dedicated to sports broadcasting.  They can cater to whatever the team wants as far as broadcasting options, whereas the old flagship limited them to a couple of days a week.