Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville sports radio & Justin Blackmon

Quote:I think Alfie probably has somebody (a security guard, driver, janitor, etc) that he is friendly with and passes on names.
Yeah, his name is Twitter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Listening to Jessica Blaylock, I don't get the sense that she is privy to much.
I am trying to be nice.

I hope she doesn't use Frangy as a Mentor ;-)
When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:I am trying to be nice.

I hope she doesn't use Frangy as a Mentor ;-)

He could teach her how to parlay a lisp, and junior varsity sporting experience in high school into a long radio career. So, there's that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I get my information from Tony Modica.

Quote:I get my information from Tony Modica.

Now there's a guy who is plugged in.  Not sure what he's plugged into, but something. 

Is anyone actually listening to his show?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I can pick it up in the 6 blocks before and 2 blocks past their transmitter site.

Otherwise..........it's a toaster

HeadSlap

Quote:I can pick it up in the 6 blocks before and 2 blocks past their transmitter site.

Otherwise..........it's a toaster

HeadSlap

Really? Their signal isn't a blow torch, but it's not that bad.  Even on my motorcycle stereo, I can pick it up fine around town.  But, if you go too far west, south, or north in the city, it's weak.  Hopefully they'll find a way to address that.  Their FM signal is terrible. 

Quote:I'm pretty sure the coaches aren't allowed to have any contact during the suspension. If they're calling or texting him, wouldn't that violate the policy?

I wouldn't read too much into what local media is saying at this point because they don't have any insight into his future status. That will be determined by the league. Until he appeals for reinstatement, we won't know anything about where he's at in the process, and neither will the local media.
I believe the term I recall hearing was that the coaches and teams have LIMITED contact with Blackmon. I don't think that means no contact at all

Quote:I believe the term I recall hearing was that the coaches and teams have LIMITED contact with Blackmon. I don't think that means no contact at all

I think you're mixing up the rules allowing players to maintain some contact with the team if the suspension is less than a year.  Blackmon was able to attend meetings, work out with the team, and basically do everything short of playing in games while he was on his suspension earlier in the year. 

However, if the suspension is 1 year or more (indefinite would qualify), the player is separated from the team.  Any contact that needs to occur is channeled through the league.  Coaches/front office personnel can't text or call him. 

They changed the rules back in 2004 to allow for the situation Blackmon went through early last season.  The feeling was it allowed the players to remain in a structured, monitored environment while working through their issues.  However, if it goes over a year, they're on their own. 

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014, 04:38 PM by HeadSlap.)

Quote:Really? Their signal isn't a blow torch, but it's not that bad. Even on my motorcycle stereo, I can pick it up fine around town. But, if you go too far west, south, or north in the city, it's wIeak. Hopefully they'll find a way to address

that. Their FM signal is terrible.

930 has signal I can get when I am in Jax. If I go north or south they fade out. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time north AZ nd thats also bad for 92.5 at times. Glad they have simulcast on 99.9 for game day.

Headslap

Quote:930 has signal I can get when I am in Jax. If I go north or south they fade out. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time north AZ nd thats also bad for 92.5 at times. Glad they have simulcast on 99.9 for game day.

Headslap

Yeah, the FM simulcast on game days is the saving grace for this because that was one area where the signal strength WOKV was working with couldn't be matched. 

Quote:I think you're mixing up the rules allowing players to maintain some contact with the team if the suspension is less than a year.  Blackmon was able to attend meetings, work out with the team, and basically do everything short of playing in games while he was on his suspension earlier in the year. 

However, if the suspension is 1 year or more (indefinite would qualify), the player is separated from the team.  Any contact that needs to occur is channeled through the league.  Coaches/front office personnel can't text or call him. 

They changed the rules back in 2004 to allow for the situation Blackmon went through early last season.  The feeling was it allowed the players to remain in a structured, monitored environment while working through their issues.  However, if it goes over a year, they're on their own. 

I don't believe the team is allowed NO contact.  I remember Gus being quoted by saying he has had limited contact with Justin:

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...s-blackmon

"But the two have had only minimal contact via text messages because NFL rules prohibit Blackmon from visiting the team's facility while serving an indefinite suspension for his third violation of the league's substance abuse policy."

------------------------

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544...s-blackmon

*Bradley said he last traded text messages with receiver Justin Blackmon “a couple of weeks ago.” Blackmon was involved in a single-car accident along Interstate 295 (at 3:30 a.m.) earlier this month and remains suspended by the league.

“I wish I could have more extended conversations with him,” Bradley said. “My feelings toward him haven’t changed – I still care about him. We’ve reached out to him and been able to text back and forth. To sit down and visit with him, that part I miss.”

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014, 11:17 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:I think you're mixing up the rules allowing players to maintain some contact with the team if the suspension is less than a year.  Blackmon was able to attend meetings, work out with the team, and basically do everything short of playing in games while he was on his suspension earlier in the year. 

I suppose that could be what I was thinking. I do remember something about limited contact, but  I could be thinking about an old rule

I do know that he's not allowed to use or be on the premises of any nfl facility, or have any involvement in any team/nfl activity, I just have the term limited contact with the team and/or coaches stuck in my head, but you very well may be correct

Quote:Now there's a guy who is plugged in.  Not sure what he's plugged into, but something. 

Is anyone actually listening to his show?

Does he own the station? Maybe his family does, because there is no other explanation.

Quote:Does he own the station? Maybe his family does, because there is no other explanation.

I think he's the program director. 

I remember thinking nothing could be worse than Terry Norvelle. This Modica clown is just god awful.

Quote:I remember thinking nothing could be worse than Terry Norvelle. This Modica clown is just god awful.

Oh, there was definitely worse than Norvelle.  Back in the early years of Jags football, we had a spot over in River City parking on Talleyrand.  David Lamm and Terry Norvelle would do a pregame show from the pavilion area.  Norvelle was awful, but then you add Lamm to the mix?  Painful. 

I don't see how they can reject him after he applies for reinstatement. Players have done worse things but have been allowed back. I think he'll have an 8-game suspension or something along those lines. 

Getting him back at mid season will be such a big help for the team.. When does he apply for reinstatement though? Before training camp starts?

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014, 02:05 PM by badger.)

Quote:I don't see how they can reject him after he applies for reinstatement. Players have done worse things but have been allowed back. I think he'll have an 8-game suspension or something along those lines. 

Getting him back at mid season will be such a big help for the team.. When does he apply for reinstatement though? Before training camp starts?

Nobody knows.  I don't know why it hasn't already been done.  I guess the 'official season' hasn't started yet.

Quote:Nobody knows.  I don't know why it hasn't already been done.  I guess the 'official season' hasn't started yet.

I believe that's exactly why nothing has happened yet.