Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vandals Flip Smart Cars Over in San Francisco

Quote:We get it, the gas mileage sucks on a smart car.
Wonder what the mileage is on the bus he rides?

Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Vandals
Flip Smart Cars Over in San Francisco

A Fifth century Germanic tribe has been spotted?!?!?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:while I LOVE my silverado, I gotta admit the smart car is tempting on my 80 mile drive every day.

Until you have to use a can opener every day to get in and out of it!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I saw one new smart car advertised and the gas milage was in the 29/ 33 range. I mean....thats not bad....but you'd think for having to drive an ice cube with 4 wheels, you'd get something better than that. Civics and Mazda 3's top out close to 40 mpg and are more pleasant to look at, have more zip, more space, I think safer, and most likely more reliable and probably less expensive to repair. 

It's goal was never to be the best mileage vehicle on the planet.

It was sold as a "green" low/no "carbon footprint" vehicle to those who are concerned with that.

Otherwise, I agree there are other options out there that offer more than just that.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:A Fifth century Germanic tribe has been spotted?!?!?!

Or they could be Idaho co-eds.

Quote:Or they could be Idaho co-eds.

Now you're just being silly.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:that's what I'll probably end up with an old 90 something civic. I thought those smart cars where getting 40 + mpg?
Smarts officially get 37 mpg. But as always with mpg, how you drive is much more important than what your drive. You can get 50mpg out of a Smart, just don't expect to have any fun while doing so.

Quote:Now you're just being silly.

I've always been a little silly about co-eds.

As a wise man once said,

"I get older, they stay the same age."

Quote:I saw one new smart car advertised and the gas milage was in the 29/ 33 range. I mean....thats not bad....but you'd think for having to drive an ice cube with 4 wheels, you'd get something better than that. Civics and Mazda 3's top out close to 40 mpg and are more pleasant to look at, have more zip, more space, I think safer, and most likely more reliable and probably less expensive to repair. 

what 29/33 that's horrible for an economy car. yea I was thinking they where north of 40 mpg.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I've always been a little silly about co-eds.

As a wise man once said,

"I get older, they stay the same age."

Just remember...there is a fine line between being a cool dude and a creepy old guy!!

Quote:Just remember...there is a fine line between being a cool dude and a creepy old guy!!

LOL... yup.

I think things will turn a 180 when my daughter comes of age, and/or when my son's friends start coming around just to see her (...whichever comes first.)

Quote:Just remember...there is a fine line between being a cool dude and a creepy old guy!!

And that fine line is... a supersupersweet mustache!

Quote:Smarts officially get 37 mpg. But as always with mpg, how you drive is much more important than what your drive. You can get 50mpg out of a Smart, just don't expect to have any fun while doing so.

The next compact car I buy will be some kind of hybrid. I'd love to get my hands on fully electric car like the volt or something but that's big bucks. for now I'm going to get a little beater something under 1000 just to drive but I know I'll have to replace it pretty soon. Just can't keep driving the truck back and forth (even though I'll miss it oh so much!)

Quote:The next compact car I buy will be some kind of hybrid. I'd love to get my hands on fully electric car like the volt or something but that's big bucks. for now I'm going to get a little beater something under 1000 just to drive but I know I'll have to replace it pretty soon. Just can't keep driving the truck back and forth (even though I'll miss it oh so much!)
Until they find a way to cram 400 miles of range into an affordable electric car I wouldn't stray from gasoline. The fully electric Volvo where I work has about 70 to 80 miles of range with a full charge which is enough to do most things in a densely populated country like the Netherlands but even then your still looking at the range indicator every 2 minutes.

Quote:Until they find a way to cram 400 miles of range into an affordable electric car I wouldn't stray from gasoline. The fully electric Volvo where I work has about 70 to 80 miles of range with a full charge which is enough to do most things in a densely populated country like the Netherlands but even then your still looking at the range indicator every 2 minutes.

I have a 40 mile drive one way to work, in my head I'll get an electric car drive it to work. Park and plug it in for 10 hours and then drive home. throw my boss a couple of bucks for electrical use and he'd be happy.

Quote:LOL... yup.

I think things will turn a 180 when my daughter comes of age, and/or when my son's friends start coming around just to see her (...whichever comes first.)

Or when your friends start noticing her more! :blink:

Smart car is an oxymoron. That's all I have to say about this.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Or when your friends start noticing her more! :blink:

Are you saying his friends are pervs?

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Quote:The next compact car I buy will be some kind of hybrid. I'd love to get my hands on fully electric car like the volt or something but that's big bucks. for now I'm going to get a little beater something under 1000 just to drive but I know I'll have to replace it pretty soon. Just can't keep driving the truck back and forth (even though I'll miss it oh so much!)
The new advanced diesels are much better than any hybrid. The European brands seem to have the technology down the best. Very impressive cars and engines.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The new advanced diesels are much better than any hybrid. The European brands seem to have the technology down the best. Very impressive cars and engines.

ehhh I see to many problems with diesels at work to want one.