Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Browns fans on their message board seem to think Mack does not want to stay in Cleveland and is on his way out..

... For what it's worth. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Except that Joeckel was bad in his limited showing this year, and Paztor is not a guard. 
Joeckel was bad at RT, but go watch the game until he got hurt against the Rams when he was at LT. He was stoning the best 4-3 DE in the league repeatedly. It was very, very impressive. 

Quote:Except that Joeckel was bad in his limited showing this year, and Paztor is not a guard.

I think Pastor could be a good RG, and though I don't think Joekel was necessarily horrible, but I would say he is still an unknown.

Quote:Browns fans on their message board seem to think Mack does not want to stay in Cleveland and is on his way out..

... For what it's worth.
Their message board is fun to read. They obviously don't have any rules on fowl language. Some of the comments are pretty funny.

I like that the Jags are meeting with Mack. At least they're trying. 

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 09:48 PM by Swaguars.)

Quote:I think Pastor could be a good RG, and though I don't think Joekel was necessarily horrible, but I would say he is still an unknown.
No.. Joeckel certainly played awful at RT, now he didn't play very much LT at all, but he wasn't terrible there so that gives you hope.. 

Quote:Do you think the whole thing about having to sign 2 players like Robinson & Joeckel to 2nd contracts in overblown then? If thats the case then maybe we really should start to consider taking Robinson at 3. I think he's legitimately BAP at that pick if there. 

Wow imagine - 

LT - Joeckel, LG- Beadles, C - Mack, RG - Pasztor, RT, Robinson (or flop the 2 right side players)....

That might be the best OL in football right there. 

That line would be incredible to watch...and young.  However I do not see them taking Robinson (or any tackle) at 3.  If a trade back occurred and Robinson were available then I could maybe see it happening.  Robinson has superstar potential on the right side.  Joeckel in his limited time at LT against one of the best young pass rushers in the game played well.  That is encouraging going forward whether we pick Robinson or not.

Quote:SI already gave us an A for our free agency even before this signing (should it happen). Would we earn the "+" after it? I'd say so. 

Absolutely.  Signing Alex Mack would be an "A+" signing.  I don't really care what the dollar amount is.  Obviously there are limits for a contract but I would have no issue with Dave and crew paying him huge money to try and lure him here.  He would be a huge cog in the wheel.

Quote:Well then we'd have LT - Joeckel, LG-Beadles, C-Mack, RG- from draft, RT, Pazstor

Definitely better than last years. 

That line (regardless of who you plug in at RG) has long term potential to be very, very good.

Quote:I think Pastor could be a good RG, and though I don't think Joekel was necessarily horrible, but I would say he is still an unknown.
You don't just move a tackle inside to play guard, look at Joeckel playing RT, it's not that simple. 

Quote:You don't just move a tackle inside to play guard, look at Joeckel playing RT, it's not that simple. 

Wasn't Paztor a RG to begin with...

Quote:No.. Joeckel certainly played awful at RT

LOL no he didn't.

I'm convinced you've been watching football for about 6 months.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 09:53 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Ugh, no quoting for me looks like. IE = stinky

This is true. Guards pull to other sides a lot; therefore, need a lot more speed than Tackles. Tackles need quick lateral and front to rear movement, rather than speed. Drafting that Yankey kid from Standford could be a good option.

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Wasn't Paztor a RG to begin with...

Football observations aren't exactly Swaguars strong suit

He was and he was bad, and now he has blossomed at tackle. Tackle fits his body type much better, and he has said he feels much more natural outside too. I sure wouldn't move him back inside. 

Is anybody else refreshing every known page to see if any news pops up? lol Most likely nothing will be updated until next week.... So impatient on this = me!

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Yeah and he stunk...

He's fit him self into the equation nicely at RT and I wouldn't want to move him back inside.  

Quote:Is anybody else refreshing every known page to see if any news pops up? lol Most likely nothing will be updated until next week.... So impatient on this = me!

GO JAGS!

I with u man. Mack was the number 1 guy I wanted. Please sign with Jaguars Mack.

Quote:No.. Joeckel certainly played awful at RT, now he didn't play very much LT at all, but he wasn't terrible there so that gives you hope.. 

He played ok at RT for a rookie. Dunno what games you were watching.  Moving over to LT he's obviously more comfortable.  He's no Boselli but he's going to be a great player before it's said and done.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Paztor played quite nicely last year at guard, just sayin, and Jockel was FAR from bad.

Quote:<div>
I rolled on the floor laughing, With all those missed reads in the pocket Manziel had to improvise. If he had just stuck to the play book (or just be Teddy Bridgewater) A&M would have been in the National Title hunt late

</div>
Trolls gonna troll.  Wallbash

Quote:With no offer sheet given, and Mack having left already; does anyone think that lower's our thinking we can get him? You think he was asking for too much? Seemed like the visit wasn't that long.

GO JAGS!

Personally, I don't know if I'd want to pay that much for his services. I think that would make him the highest paid center in the league. Also,could the salary disparity create disharmony with the other O-line players

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 10:43 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:On a side note, why can't Cleveland contend any time soon? They have a good defense, pretty good oline (even if Mack leaves), two great ascending playmakers in Gordon and Cameron, good new RB in Tate, tons of cap room, and two first round draft picks. If they get a QB (or even if Hoyer plays like he did before getting hurt) they can certainly contend in that division IMO.
Yup, I agree. With the current state of the Steelers and Ravens, and the good possibility of Cincy sliding back down a notch or two, the Browns absolutely could be contending for that division.

Strong defense

Gordon + Cameron + Andrew Hawkins

Tate

Hoyer (or possible 1st rd qb)

Solid O-Line (even without Mack)

Plus, they do get to play the last place AFC division teams. That might help towards a couple wins on their total.