Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

<span>Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran Theory: #Jaguars now covet QB at No. 3 and hope to get Mack to be veteran center who can help transition</span>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran Theory: #Jaguars now covet QB at No. 3 and hope to get Mack to be veteran center who can help transition
Sure hope so. 

Quote:He played ok at RT for a rookie. Dunno what games you were watching.  Moving over to LT he's obviously more comfortable.  He's no Boselli but he's going to be a great player before it's said and done.
He didn't play ok at RT, he was terrible. Our entire O line was terrible. 

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran Theory: #Jaguars now covet QB at No. 3 and hope to get Mack to be veteran center who can help transition
My point the whole time get the darn qb and put him in the best position to succeed. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:He didn't play ok at RT, he was terrible. Our entire O line was terrible. 

He played ok at RT.  Give me some stats showing he played terrible. You can't.  In the second half of the season the OL played pretty well which admittedly had more to do with Pastor than anything else.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:<span>Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran Theory: #Jaguars now covet QB at No. 3 and hope to get Mack to be veteran center who can help transition</span>
I'm good with that.  I just hope whatever QB it is pans out.

Could be QB in any round and the theory behind the theory works.

Quote:He didn't play ok at RT, he was terrible. Our entire O line was terrible. 
if your talking about Luke he didn't play bad at RT.

If we get Mack are oline is best in Afc South. Houston gets nod for Now. Texans Lt Brown and C Myers are pretty good. Lg is solid. Rt and Rg Meh. Colts Lt Canstonzo and C Meh

Quote:if your talking about Luke he didn't play bad at RT.

He mentioned that he felt uncomfortable on that side. He'll play much better on the left.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014, 11:42 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Quote:Their message board is fun to read. They obviously don't have any rules on fowl language. Some of the comments are pretty funny.
I got to agree.

Here is one of the comments "Alex Mack is a fat titted blank"

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I'd Love to have Mack's veteran presence but I'd also hate to over pay for that presence. As per my opinion we could have Brewster or acquire an C within the draft at an Much lesser price w/like results... Mack has been durable and is of PB talent to which I get, but I don't covet a center as such. I understand that he's like MJD and wanted to test the market while attaining "Dollar Bills" so why didn't Cleveland resign him prior to FA?

So Many Questions... "There In My Head"...

NH3...
"AZANE"

If you're looking for a ray of hope on this front, while the Browns have more cap room than the Jags right now, they also have a lot of notable players hitting free agency in the next couple of years, while the Jags don't have much on that front (the one benefit to never drafting anybody good). Apart from Mack, the Browns have:

2015: Joe Haden, Jordan Cameron, Phil Taylor, Jabaal Sheard, Ahtyba Rubin, Buster Skrine, Jason Pinkston, Brian Hoyer, Greg Little

2016: Josh Gordon, Mitchell Schwartz, Ben Tate, John Hughes, Billy Winn

Some of those guys aren't that good (Pinkston, Little, Hoyer) but all of those guys are starters or key rotational players, and some of those guys are going to get seriously paid. In contrast, the Jags have: 

2015: Russell Allen, Roy Miller, Cecil Shorts, Alan Ball

2016: Marcedes Lewis, Justin Blackmon, Josh Scobee, Chad Henne, Andre Branch, Clay Harbor, Bryan Anger

No star players (unless you count Blackmon) and not a lot of guys you would hate to lose or who would require a significant financial commitment. So I think the strategy shouldn't really be to frontload, but to structure it in a way that it would interfere with the Browns signing their other players. Say if you wanted to sign him to a 4/36m contract, maybe give him an $8m dollar signing bonus and stretch out the cap hit like this:

2014: $3m

2015: $10m

2016: $11m

2017: $12m

The Jags will have more cap room than they know what to do with so I think it would be feasible, and I don't think the Browns would like having a center on the books for a double digit cap hit while they're trying to hold on to Haden, Cameron, Gordon etc. 

Draft Day is taking TOO FREAKING LONG to get here...

NH3...
"AZANE"

If we get Mack, I hope we draft Bridgewater if Clowney is gone. I still believe he's the best QB in the draft.

The OLine makes me comfortable with drafting one of these QBs here. This is huge news if Mack signs.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:If you're looking for a ray of hope on this front, while the Browns have more cap room than the Jags right now, they also have a lot of notable players hitting free agency in the next couple of years, while the Jags don't have much on that front (the one benefit to never drafting anybody good). Apart from Mack, the Browns have:

2015: Joe Haden, Jordan Cameron, Phil Taylor, Jabaal Sheard, Ahtyba Rubin, Buster Skrine, Jason Pinkston, Brian Hoyer, Greg Little

2016: Josh Gordon, Mitchell Schwartz, Ben Tate, John Hughes, Billy Winn

Some of those guys aren't that good (Pinkston, Little, Hoyer) but all of those guys are starters or key rotational players, and some of those guys are going to get seriously paid. In contrast, the Jags have: 

2015: Russell Allen, Roy Miller, Cecil Shorts, Alan Ball

2016: Marcedes Lewis, Justin Blackmon, Josh Scobee, Chad Henne, Andre Branch, Clay Harbor, Bryan Anger

No star players (unless you count Blackmon) and not a lot of guys you would hate to lose or who would require a significant financial commitment. So I think the strategy shouldn't really be to frontload, but to structure it in a way that it would interfere with the Browns signing their other players. Say if you wanted to sign him to a 4/36m contract, maybe give him an $8m dollar signing bonus and stretch out the cap hit like this:

2014: $3m

2015: $10m

2016: $11m

2017: $12m

The Jags will have more cap room than they know what to do with so I think it would be feasible, and I don't think the Browns would like having a center on the books for a double digit cap hit while they're trying to hold on to Haden, Cameron, Gordon etc. 
Good idea, but I'd rather pay him more over the first 2-3 years and have the lower hit in 2017. That would still make it difficult for the Browns whilst being easier on us once the team is good (I hope)

Quote:If we get Mack, I hope we draft Bridgewater if Clowney is gone. I still believe he's the best QB in the draft.

The OLine makes me comfortable with drafting one of these QBs here. This is huge news if Mack signs.
Bridgewater scares me.  He is built like a 12 year old boy.  I can just see a 300lb linemen put a major hurting on him.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 03:57 AM by Predator.)

Quote:He was and he was bad, and now he has blossomed at tackle. Tackle fits his body type much better, and he has said he feels much more natural outside too. I sure wouldn't move him back inside. 
What are you talking about? He played very well at guard. He got a shot a tackle because of how well he played guard

Are people's memory of the 2012 season really this bad? He was one of the few promising things on the line that year.

This team will have made a HUGE jump if it can land Mack and Clowney. A very realistic possibility that that can happen.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Bridgewater scares me.  He is built like a 12 year old boy.  I can just see a 300lb linemen put a major hurting on him.
Manziel is built like a fetus, what's your point?