Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

what do you guys think macks trade value is worth?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But I'm pretty sure there's a rule you can only renegotiate once a year.   Once he signs the offer sheet, he can't go back and renegotiate it until a year passes.  

Yeah, I have no idea.  Was just throwing this out there in case there are no rules barring it.

As someone mentioned earlier too, what's the legality on the Jags throwing in a late round pick to say "hey don't match just to be jerks, here's a 5th rounder"

Would be worth it IMO, but it have doubts that's legal.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:But I'm pretty sure there's a rule you can only renegotiate once a year.   Once he signs the offer sheet, he can't go back and renegotiate it until a year passes.  

http://www.askthecommish.com/SalaryCap/faq.aspx

Question 1.8a

You can sign a deal and renegotiate immediately.  You just can't renegotiate twice in a year.  Also, I do not believe this would be a renegotiation - it would be a contract extension.

Quote:As someone mentioned earlier too, what's the legality on the Jags throwing in a late round pick to say "hey don't match just to be jerks, here's a 5th rounder"

Would be worth it IMO, but it have doubts that's legal.
Slim. They're stacked with draft picks (like us) and if they match they could probably trade him to us for more than a 5th.

Question:If the Jags offer a contract to Mack, and Cleveland matches offer....does Mack have a choice or does he have to resign w/Cleveland?

Quote:There is no logic in that PFT post whatsoever. Its kinda funny actually.

Tne NFL Network posted that the Browns would match the $22 million offer...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Question:If the Jags offer a contract to Mack, and Cleveland matches offer....does Mack have a choice or does he have to resign w/Cleveland?

Has to stay in Cleveland.

Quote:Question:If the Jags offer a contract to Mack, and Cleveland matches offer....does Mack have a choice or does he have to resign w/Cleveland?

There's insinuations of offering additional draft picks but all Cleveland has to do is Match an opposing offer and Mack is bound to resign..

If I'm not mistaken...

We, Some Jag's Fans are going Overboard w/this Mack enthatuation... Never mortgage the future for one player. If we pull strings and acquire Mack at an reasonable price, then YES... If Not, then NO...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Has to stay in Cleveland.

Who wouldn't want to stay in Cleveland?

Give me a second, a Mr. LeBron James just texted me.

Quote:There's insinuations of offering additional draft picks but all Cleveland has to do is Match an opposing offer and Mack is bound to resign..

If I'm not mistaken...

We, Some Jag's Fans are going Overboard w/this Mack enthatuation... Never mortgage the future for one player. If we pull strings and acquire Mack at an reasonable price, then YES... If Not, then NO...

NH3...

Quote:There's insinuations of offering additional draft picks but all Cleveland has to do is Match an opposing offer and Mack is bound to resign..

If I'm not mistaken...

NH3...

Agreed....I was just curious. The transition tag is not used too often

If I'm not mistaken...

NH3...
It's not like we don't have the cap space and he's a center so we're never going to be paying him QB money.

Having a new QB come into the team with a good O-line would be huge for that QB. You look at the line Gabbert had protecting him in his rookie year. Meester who was way past his best and never an elite lineman anyway. Scrubs like Whimper etc.

This is about building a team, you're going to have to overpay once or twice on a player but Mack is a proven quality lineman who would be a huge signing for us in a position we have a huge need at.

What other options do we have? Take one early in the draft?

Wouldn't you rather we drafted a QB or pass rusher? Take a mid-rounder and hope he pans out... what if he doesn't? The new QB will be on his butt.

DC has already made it clear he doesn't want to overpay players but sometimes you have to and it's worth it.

Mack is definately an premiere center but is he actually worth this type of Bidding War???

Enquiring Minds...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Mack is definately an premiere center but is he actually worth this type of Bidding War???

Enquiring Minds...

NH3...
We have tons of money

We have no center

We lack star power on this team

Over paying for a premiere player at a position of need when it will hardly even effect the cap is not the end of the world, infact I endorse it..

Quote:Mack is definately an premiere center but is he actually worth this type of Bidding War???

Enquiring Minds...

NH3...
No point in hording money.  As people have mentioned in this thread, the cap is continuing to grow.  The big contracts signed now and in the past year (e.g. Flacco) are not going to seem nearly as large 5 years from now.

It's not like we have players on the roster who are going to require huge extensions either. CSIII will get a decent pay but I can't see anything huge unless he puts up amazing numbers this year. We'll probably looking at someone like Cyprien in a few years if he continues to get better but that's all ifs and buts.

I thought I read somewhere that Mack's agent knows a deal to structure that would make it so the Browns couldn't match. Anyone else hear this too?

Quote:I thought I read somewhere that Mack's agent knows a deal to structure that would make it so the Browns couldn't match. Anyone else hear this too?
"I'm confident we can come up with a structure that would have a reasonable likelihood to not be matched by the Browns -- and would be in full compliance with the collective bargaining agreement," Mack's agent, Marvin Demoff, told Peter King of TheMMQB.com.

It'll be that.

Quote:It's not like we don't have the cap space and he's a center so we're never going to be paying him QB money.

Having a new QB come into the team with a good O-line would be huge for that QB. You look at the line Gabbert had protecting him in his rookie year. Meester who was way past his best and never an elite lineman anyway. Scrubs like Whimper etc.

This is about building a team, you're going to have to overpay once or twice on a player but Mack is a proven quality lineman who would be a huge signing for us in a position we have a huge need at.

What other options do we have? Take one early in the draft?

Wouldn't you rather we drafted a QB or pass rusher? Take a mid-rounder and hope he pans out... what if he doesn't? The new QB will be on his butt.

DC has already made it clear he doesn't want to overpay players but sometimes you have to and it's worth it.
Your talking Three Years Ago vs. the prescent...

We have updated the LT, RT and LG positions... We have Brewster to whom was an Elite center in college and an formidable LG in the NFL. All we need is an RG to solidify our OL... That's It... While depth is continiously key, I feel that our OL is on the verge of an breakthrough w/o Mack...

I say that we draft a couple of interior linemen and "Let the Competition Begin"...

NH3...
"AZANE"