Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:If a is preceding a vowel then use An.  Smile

I Too caught that but I choose not to Rub It In..

Until Now...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Mack

RG - draft pick

RT - Pasztor

*drool

I wouldn't be surprised to see this, should we land Mack:

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Mack

RG - Pasztor

RT - draft pick

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I do stand corrected.

However, I know the difference.

But I also enjoy the irony of somebody making a mistake while correcting someone else.

Does this mean that I Stand Corrected???

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I thought about posting a new thread about State Tax ramifications concerning Alex Mack.

I am not starting a discussion on taxes, if you have strong beliefs on taxes, post in the Sideline. Not here!

A casual look shows that in Ohio he may be responsible for:

5.92%      State Tax

1.00%      Cleveland

2.25%      Township

1.25%       County/Local

This is an average figure based on locations where high income individuals might choose to live.

There is another set of education, property and associated taxes that are more location specific.

After speaking with an Enrolled Agent I know in Shaker Heights with first hand knowledge of

NFL Player exposure to taxes, she states that the Jaguars are playing with a 15% advantage over

Cleveland on taxes, fees and additional levy's.

That and the fact Mack would prefer to play elsewhere and has an agent who is extremely creative in packaging a deal

to make his client happy would all be advantages to the Jaguars. Her family are legacy ticket holders and she loathes us. Good.

SO, by the Jags being patient and seeing what the market would bring, knowing that their intended acquisition would like to move and having
an additional 15% or so to play with while packaging an offer to the total disadvantage of the Browns, with help of his agent is all good. 
I would not care to sit across the poker table with Dave.

Go Jags

HeadSlap

The difference of 15% by an enrolled agent is far from correct, and very misleading.

Players pay state taxes in every state they play a game in that collect state taxes. There are four NFL states that do not collect state taxes. Florida, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington. The Jaguar players do benefit by playing both the Texans, and the Titans. When they play the Colts, they pay their portion of the state taxes, and have to file just like any other citizen.

Some of the taxes used to approach the 15% in this calculation are also tied to property taxes, which may also vary per being a primary, or secondary resident (or more).

All NFL players pay federal taxes, at which point they deduct the state, and local taxes assessed by the states they played in. The NFL players also are able to deduct any other cost of doing business in the state they worked in. I am fairly certain that per diem is adjusted per local cost of living, which is not taxed. Per diem is quite a low amount, and most likely not considered. If Mack plays for Cleveland, he will deduct his state taxes, as well as the taxes of all of the other states he “works” in from his federal tax obligation.

I am no tax expert, but I did stay at a holiday inn on business, to which I deducted those cost from my federal taxes.

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised to see this, should we land Mack:

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Mack

RG - Pasztor

RT - draft pick

I wouldn't be opposed to that either.

Quote:Does this mean that I Stand Corrected???

NH3...

I love you.

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised to see this, should we land Mack:

LT - Joeckel

LG - Beadles

C - Mack

RG - Pasztor

RT - draft pick

Hey..

What...

Whow...

This would mean that we'd select "AN" RT within the First Round...

NH3...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:What will seem Large from Now within the next several years is players that played to an Exceptionable Level to whom the Jaguars would Love to retain... We MUST ensure that we take care of our own draft picks unlike Cleveland at this point...

NH3...
It's not like we have a ton of players that play at an exceptionable level right now.  Worry about that if and when it happens.

Quote:I love you.

LMBO...

I LUV U 2...

NH3...
"AZANE"

IMO Pasztor fits better as a RT. Guards are easier to find in the later rounds as well.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:It's not like we have a ton of players that play at an exceptionable level right now.  Worry about that if and when it happens.

I guess we'll futuristically cross that bridge in time...

NH3...
Quote:I love you.

Second Response...

Your Response was Optimum...

Good Job...

NH3...
"AZANE"

At the end of the day. He is still just a center. While the center does do a alot. Pass rushers dont rush up the middle. And Dt dont get a tremendous amount of sacks.

A huge contract for a center elite or not. Stops us from gaining great talent in the future. Our biggest needs are qb receiver and still pass rush. So going crazy over a center in my opinion is not a huge priority.

However if they choose to over pay will welcome the idea. The draft is way to long away. If it is not broken dont fix it. So pushing Draft back was not necc. And gives the players less time to focus on becoming the next level player they aim to be.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I forgot you were also the unnecessary capitalization guy.

LOL...

STOP IT...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Not for $10 million  Laughing  Laughing

Quote:At the end of the day. He is still just a center. While the center does do a alot. Pass rushers dont rush up the middle. And Dt dont get a tremendous amount of sacks.

A huge contract for a center elite or not. Stops us from gaining great talent in the future. Our biggest needs are qb receiver and still pass rush. So going crazy over a center in my opinion is not a huge priority.

To This I Agree...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:At the end of the day. He is still just a center. While the center does do a alot. Pass rushers dont rush up the middle. And Dt dont get a tremendous amount of sacks.

However if they choose to over pay will welcome the idea. The draft is way to long away. If it is not broken dont fix it. So pushing Draft back was not necc. And gives the players less time to focus on becoming the next level player they aim to be.

How would a sizable contract for an elite player stop the Jaguars from gaining great talent in the future?

Quote:I forgot you were also the unnecessary capitalization guy.

LOL...

STOP IT...

NH3...
Quote:If you gonna correct people at least dont make yaself look stoopid.

LMBO...

And Still Laughing...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Wallbash

Quote:We have tons of money

We have no center

We lack star power on this team

Over paying for a premiere player at a position of need when it will hardly even effect the cap is not the end of the world, infact I endorse it..
Star Power has not one thing to do in this equation.

There is a finite price Mack is worth and Dave won't go over it.

It is all about the structure of the contract.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:This would mean that we'd select "AN" RT within the First Round...

I wouldn't assume that.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."