Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:The Cleveland writer in his article cites typical bad/ lazy info though....he mentions how Jacksonville is a team thats been having attendance problems. Which is not true. The Jags haven't had a game blacked out since 2009, IIRC. 

Two seasons ago, Jacksonville ranked 20th in attendance in the midst of a 2-14 season.  They ranked ahead of Chicago, Detroit, and any number of long time NFL towns who are not scrutinized for attendance.

Last year, we dropped to 28th, outranking, among others, Pittsburgh.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

that 28 rank is a bit misleading also.  It is based on one less game than the others.  So we still outranked Pitt with one less game in that equation.  They don't include London's number in that.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:that 28 rank is a bit misleading also.  It is based on one less game than the others.  So we still outranked Pitt with one less game in that equation.  They don't include London's number in that.

Exactly.

still bad but I think it will improve this season.

Nobody understands that we don't really have an attendance problem other than us. Every media outlet portrays us having an issue. It could definitely be better. But I think the way Gus and Dave are bringing this team around, it's only a matter of time. It's sad how lazy and ignorant the media is on our situations..........

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I disagree that Mack is on the back burner.  That's a critical piece of the equation in determining how we'll approach the draft next month.  The visits they're doing this week are an indication the team is taking a serious look at their QB options.  If they draft a QB, they will do so knowing they have a line that can protect the rookie.  I think Mack is a priority for this team. Otherwise, they wouldn't have brought him in for a visit, and they wouldn't be trying to position themselves to land him. 

In the end, the visits this week have no real bearing on what's happening with Mack.  I think the team has pretty much made the decision about what they're willing to do to get him.  It's on Cleveland's plate to decide what they're going to do in response.

Thats a good point.

Quote:The Cleveland writer in his article cites typical bad/ lazy info though....he mentions how Jacksonville is a team thats been having attendance problems. Which is not true. The Jags haven't had a game blacked out since 2009, IIRC.

I know, but that could just mean he has no bearing on what's going on in Jax. Not that he doesn't have a valued opinion on matters in Cleveland. Which agin, idk. The guy could be a joke.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:still bad but I think it will improve this season.
Supposedly ticket sales are well ahead of last year's pace.

People are getting excited over what's going on.

If this team manages to reach 8-8 and look like they are building solidly  for the future, it's going to be absolutely insane here.

Quote:still bad but I think it will improve this season.
We're never going to be a top 10 team for attendance based strictly on the size of the facility.  The fact that we're not finishing the season with the lowest attendance numbers despite having 1 less home game to account for is a good sign that we don't suffer from a lack of fan support.

With the team reporting that the numbers are improved over last year, and all of the changes both on and off the field, we are holding our own just fine.  This notion in other markets that there's a lack of fan support is spun up by a media that doesn't do their homework regularly spouting bad information about the Jaguars. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:that 28 rank is a bit misleading also.  It is based on one less game than the others.  So we still outranked Pitt with one less game in that equation.  They don't include London's number in that.

Well, I hate to say it, but just for the sake of accuracy, we are 28th in average attendance per game.   It has nothing to do with having one less game. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Sort it on a per game basis, and you will see it. 

Add to that the fact that our ticket prices are some of the lowest in the league, and you can see why we have a ticket sales issue especially in terms of dollars.  

Quote:Well, I hate to say it, but just for the sake of accuracy, we are 28th in average attendance per game.   It has nothing to do with having one less game. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Sort it on a per game basis, and you will see it. 

I think that's what he was getting at.

Quote:With the team reporting that the numbers are improved over last year, and all of the changes both on and off the field, we are holding our own just fine. 
Glad to hear things are looking good for tickets sales this year. Can't say that I'm surprised though. I haven't been able to find where they have mentioned how it was looking this year. Was this in an interview or something I missed? I miss when they had the numbers/charts on sales/game on the main site. I understand why they took it down but I still liked watching it.

Quote:Glad to hear things are looking good for tickets sales this year. Can't say that I'm surprised though. I haven't been able to find where they have mentioned how it was looking this year. Was this in an interview or something I missed? I miss when they had the numbers/charts on sales/game on the main site. I understand why they took it down but I still liked watching it.

Lamping was on one of the local shows a couple of weeks ago and reported that the ticket sales were ahead of 2013 for new season ticket accounts and renewals. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I think that's what he was getting at.

It doesn't help that the game we lost would probably have helped to bump that average up.  We'll see the same thing again this year.

Quote:Lamping was on one of the local shows a couple of weeks ago and reported that the ticket sales were ahead of 2013 for new season ticket accounts and renewals.
That's awesome. Sounds like those tickets are getting hotter!

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 01:40 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Two seasons ago, Jacksonville ranked 20th in attendance in the midst of a 2-14 season.  They ranked ahead of Chicago, Detroit, and any number of long time NFL towns who are not scrutinized for attendance.

Last year, we dropped to 28th, outranking, among others, Pittsburgh.

As the other guy said - its misleading because they don't account for the lost game in London....

So why don't they just go by average attendance, instead? That would make it a fair comparison, no?

The Pittsburgh facility only seats like 59,000 or 61,000 IIRC. (probably what our stadium should have been built for). 

Quote:As the other guy said - its misleading because they don't account for the lost game in London....

So why don't they just go by average attendance, instead? That would make it a fair comparison, no?

The Pittsburgh facility only seats like 59,000 or 61,000 IIRC. (probably what our stadium should have been built for). 
ESPN ranked it by average.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 01:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:ESPN ranked it by average.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

Ah, I see.... Apologies. 

I have no doubt that increases significantly next season. 

It better, anyway.....Khan isn't going to have much patience with 50K per game/ 28th ranked in the league. 

Not that you can fault people for staying away, as the product was bad for so long and mostly was last year too. 

Quote:Ah, I see.... Apologies. 

I have no doubt that increases significantly next season. 

It better, anyway.....Khan isn't going to have much patience with 50K per game/ 28th ranked in the league. 

Not that you can fault people for staying away, as the product was bad for so long and mostly was last year too. 
Let Jacksonville end up with a good QB and this town will go nuts.

Quote:Let Jacksonville end up with a good QB and this town will go nuts.

I agree....but I also think Jax should try to keep the capacity low....this way you create a ticket demand when they start to get good. 

I think all the peaks and valleys in the Jaguars' attendance is an indicator of how quickly attendance can turn around here.  Attendance jumps like 5,000 - 10,000 everytime we have a mediocre year.  I think if the Jaguars found a franchise quarterback and put together back-to-back playoff seasons you would see attendance in the top half of the league, conservatively.