Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

YESSS
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is one of the big reasons why I really believe Mack will wind up here.  If you don't think the Jags pointed out how much of his income would remain in his pocket by pulling up stakes and heading south, you're kidding yourself. 

Quote:<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/453995749668573187' title="4:39 PM - 9 Apr 2014">9m</a>
<p class="">As if Alex Mack's deal with Jags weren't lucrative enough, there's also this: no state tax in FLA; Top tax rate in Ohio is 5.925%, Clev 2%.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Wow you must be miserable c
Why do you say that, Brklyn?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:They say FA pick ups have no influence on the draft. But, this pick up will have a big influence. 

Yes and no.  I think they've got a plan that was going to happen regardless, but this certainly makes it easier for them.  We all know at least one QB is going to be added in the draft.

Quote:This is one of the big reasons why I really believe Mack will wind up here.  If you don't think the Jags pointed out how much of his income would remain in his pocket by pulling up stakes and heading south, you're kidding yourself. 

Except it's not up to Mack if he ends up here or not. It's up to the Browns organization. It's already clear he wants to be here. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/107574...le-jaguars

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

[Image: farh1z.jpg]??????

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Macksonville!!
especially if we draft Khalil also

Until its official the Browns won't match, I won't celebrate. Nice to see caldwell make a run at the top OL free agent though. Flexibility in the draft!
No commercial messages in sigs

I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, it would be great to have arguably the best center in football in his prime locked up for five years.  On the other hand, he's just a center.  We're not talking QB, LT, DE or CB here.  Not exactly a crucial position but of course we don't really have a center on the roster currently.  At the end of the day, I want the Jags to sign him but if they break the bank to sign this guy, I think it's a bit reckless financially.  Ideally you want to lock up players to big contracts in key positions I mentioned before.  Centers can be found in the draft for much cheaper and the difference between an Alex Mack and a rookie in the draft could be negligible.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

The Jags O-line and D-line hasn't been stacked at the same time for a while.

Quote:Why do you say that, Brklyn?
You criticize everything I say.

Finally something!! lol Please no match by Cleveland... The only thing I saw that worried me a little was that it said he was going to be the highest paid by a large margin...We'll see!

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Viva la Caldwell!!! 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Per Schefter NFL Insider..Clev has 5 days to match but Jags will make contract very difficult to do so 
You might want to look at other threads before starting a new one.  Just a suggestion.

And they haven't signed anyone yet. Just an offer sheet.  We still have 5 days to wait.

If we do land Mack, looks like he will be my next Jersey purchase.

This said nothing. With no details on contract. What are they matching?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, it would be great to have arguably the best center in football in his prime locked up for five years.  On the other hand, he's just a center.  We're not talking QB, LT, DE or CB here.  Not exactly a crucial position but of course we don't really have a center on the roster currently.  At the end of the day, I want the Jags to sign him but if they break the bank to sign this guy, I think it's a bit reckless financially.  Ideally you want to lock up players to big contracts in key positions I mentioned before.  Centers can be found in the draft for much cheaper and the difference between an Alex Mack and a rookie in the draft could be negligible.

EXAAAAAAAAAACTLY! IMO...What did Mack do for Cle? they suck...just like us. dont waste MILLIONS on a center. We need SKILLS positions. i HATE this signing. i hope we dont get him. I would rather that money go towards other important pieces

Quote:This is one of the big reasons why I really believe Mack will wind up here.  If you don't think the Jags pointed out how much of his income would remain in his pocket by pulling up stakes and heading south, you're kidding yourself. 

Actually wouldn't that be irrelevant? Mack can't "choose" to turn down the Cleveland offer and instead decide to play here if Cleve matches the Jacksonville offer.