Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Sorry Tmd I work splits and run a night radio show. So sorry if dont have every minute like you to keep up with 30 pages of post.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

you're so smart and informative. I hope one day I will be able to provide such eye opening insight to simpletons like myself.

also, awesome news. I hope Mack winds up a jaguar!

Quote:That's what they're paid to do.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 05:45 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

At the end of the day, if the Jags get Mack, the Jags spend a bit too much money for a Pro Bowl player in years when they do not have contracts coming up.  If they don't get him, they tried and I love that they tried.  

Also, I love that Mack is saying he wants to be here to play.  I bet that vibe is getting stronger throughout the NFL, thanks to Gus, Dave and Khan.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I doubt if they overspend somewhat for Mack CLE tries to resign.  Mack wants out of CLE so they won't dare giving him more when he doesn't want to be there. It hurts a little, but is a great signing.

Quote:5 yrs and something

Maybe 5 yrs/ 40 million?   With annual cap hits of 10-12-12-3-3? 

Quote:Still no offer posted to disect if Browns can match or not. So still just speculation.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/107574...le-jaguars

Mack to sign offer from Jags!

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 05:35 PM by badger.)

Quote:Maybe 5 yrs/ 40 million? With annual cap hits of 10-12-12-3-3?
Idk I heard 5yrs blablabla... I was working so I didnt catch all of the SC update

Ok now they are saying 5yrs "rich" contract

Whatever that means. Probably has to do with large sums of money.

I can't see the Browns matching with Hayden and Gordon, alone, still commanding a huge chunk of their cap..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Idk I heard 5yrs blablabla... I was working so I didnt catch all of the SC update

I haven't heard any details either.   That was just speculation. 

Quote:I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, it would be great to have arguably the best center in football in his prime locked up for five years.  On the other hand, he's just a center.  We're not talking QB, LT, DE or CB here.  Not exactly a crucial position but of course we don't really have a center on the roster currently.  At the end of the day, I want the Jags to sign him but if they break the bank to sign this guy, I think it's a bit reckless financially.  Ideally you want to lock up players to big contracts in key positions I mentioned before.  Centers can be found in the draft for much cheaper and the difference between an Alex Mack and a rookie in the draft could be negligible.

Take a breath and just wait to see if it becomes official. Caldwell has not been signing guys recklessly ala gene smiff. The one questionable contract was beadles and even that's not totally true because the Jags are only really on the hook for one year with beadles if it doesn't work out. Caldwell is proving to be the Jaguars best addition so far. 

Too bad we still will be stuck w/ that loser Henne...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:Too bad we still will be stuck w/ that loser Henne...

Way to chime in there, Ronster.. How long do you think Henne is gonna be the starter for?

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Only temporarily Wink Franchise QB coming next month (crossing fingers)

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Only temporarily Wink Franchise QB coming next month (crossing fingers)

GO JAGS!

Maybe that QB was in town today

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Sorry Tmd I work splits and run a night radio show. So sorry if dont have every minute like you to keep up with 30 pages of post.

lol....so you're big time now, huh? Laughing You must think you're Sam Kouvaris now. 

Besides thats a crock anyway....you only needed to be reading the last several pages of the thread to be up to speed. 

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM by JesseJames.)

Give Lewis's money to Mack.

Have you seen how many draft eligible Quarterbacks are visiting Everbank this week? They're building a roster and the o-line is a huge piece of that roster. They've already put work into the secondary and d-line, got a new running back and have 11 draft picks to use.

This staff will take us to a Superbowl at some point. Calling it now.

Quote:Way to chime in there, Ronster.. How long do you think Henne is gonna be the starter for?

If it is one day, it is too long..

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:I can't see the Browns matching with Hayden and Gordon, alone, still commanding a huge chunk of their cap..

What? Gordon's probably making 400k this year and Hayden's still on his rookie deal as well right?
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:<p class="" style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Teal Time Radio, on 09 Apr 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:<a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=169768'>[Image: snapback.png]</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Teal Time Radio" data-cid="169768" data-time="1397078908">
<div style="margin:0px;">
Sorry Tmd I work splits and run a night radio show. So sorry if dont have every minute like you to keep up with 30 pages of post.

lol....so you're big time now, huh? Laughing You must think you're Sam Kouvaris now. 

Besides thats a crock anyway....you only needed to be reading the last several pages of the thread to be up to speed. 

</div>
</blockquote>
Laughing at a guy who works....thats classic

Blakes Life Matters