Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:His cap hit for 2014 is $8.9 million and he's on the old CBA rookie scale but he hasn't signed an extension for $50 million like you claimed. They'll have to ante up a lot of dough to extend him which helps the Jags' case to get Mack.

Gordon's still making peanuts.

Not an extension.. Both him and Gordon are going to be looking for big money contracts and The Brownies arn't just gonna let them walk.. They're literally going to EAT Cleveland's cap..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Michael Silver ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@MikeSilver</span>  3m
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">To follow up @AdamSchefter 's report: Browns told Mack after applying transition tag they wouldn't hold him hostage if he wanted to leave

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Whoa, that's huge.

</div>
[Image: When+you+finally+beat+that+hard+level_4e...531412.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Our mods could kick their mods [BAD WORD REMOVED]

:teehee:
most of our mods, not the little Asian girl, DF. Smile

Quote:It'll be interesting to watch this play out. In the end, I think Mack's desire to get out of Cleveland coupled with the structure of the deal itself will force Cleveland into a position where they won't match it.

It's nice to see this front office being prudently aggressive here. If they land Mack, it makes an already interesting draft even more so.

Seeing that Mack was involved with the framework of the deal, would suggest he may know how to help make it less palatable in some way.

48 hours of working together to make it that way, and we'll know sooner than later if it paid off.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 06:27 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Its 5 days to match from the moment he signs, correct? 

So if he signs by noon on Friday, we'll have an answer if he 'll be a Jag or not by noon Wednesday....

Quote:That guy is a moderator on the Browns forum  Laughing

Just look at some of this trash: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.p...ntry397899

The Jags are "an expletive of a team that is going nowhere"...

I can't believe the way they let them cuss over there.  

Quote:I can't believe the way they let them cuss over there.  
Bunch of uncivilized animals I tell ya!

Quote:Its 5 days to match from the moment he signs, correct?

Yes.

It could be sooner if Cleveland simply opts to pass right away.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Looking at the Browns forum, lol. They either hate Mack for signing the offer sheet or are delusional and think this was a ploy for Cleveland to sign him long term.

Quote:Bunch of uncivilized animals I tell ya!

Well, it is Cleveland.....

Kinda fits. 

Quote:I can't believe the way they let them cuss over there.  

It's not the official Brown forum.

Quote:Seeing that Mack was involved with the framework of the deal, would suggest he may know how to help make it less palatable in some way.

48 hours of working together to make it that way, and we'll know sooner than later if it paid off.

Yeah, when I saw that he was in on the framework, that was encouraging. I think Cleveland's owner will be looking for a way to save face in the next few days.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Looking at the Browns forum, lol. They either hate Mack for signing the offer sheet or are delusional and think this was a ploy for Cleveland to sign him long term.

If this was a Jaguar doing the same thing, I suspect the attitude would be similar here. Some fans don't understand or appreciate that there's a business side to football.

Excellent idea taken from the brownies forum.. 

"He might as well hold a press conference to make his decision.  Lebron corn feed Nor Cal scum"

"I've decided to take my talents to Jacksonville"...

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If Mack ends up joining us, I hope he has good bottle dodging skills in case we have to play in the toilet bowl anytime soon.

Quote:If this was a Jaguar doing the same thing, I suspect the attitude would be similar here. Some fans don't understand or appreciate that there's a business side to football.

Yeah, thats true....we would be. Minus the cursing on the board, anyway....

Quote:If this was a Jaguar doing the same thing, I suspect the attitude would be similar here. Some fans don't understand or appreciate that there's a business side to football.

I don't disagree, though I think we'd have a few more with an understanding that it's a business.

Quote:Excellent idea taken from the brownies forum.. 

"He might as well hold a press conference to make his decision.  Lebron corn feed Nor Cal scum"

"I've decided to take my talents to Jacksonville"...

Just. Awesome. 

Quote:Well, it is Cleveland.....

Kinda fits. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTpuCIT9rZg

We might get an Alex Mack and a Khalil Mack haha.