Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 06:47 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:I think thats more likely.....but I wouldn't rule out Robinson or Matthews if they trade down. 

I think either of those players are pretty much the worst case scenario should we trade down. We have Pasztor and he's under contract. Grab a good guard in the second round if we want to fill out the line and use the 3rd pick to get a real impact player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think either of those players are pretty much the worst case scenario should we trade down. We have Pasztor and he's cheap. Grab a good guard in the second round if we want to fill out the line and use the 3rd pick to get a real impact player.

You might be right....but that said....I think both players will wind up being stud OL'men....so even if thats a worst case scenario - its still not that bad. 

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 06:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I think thats more likely.....but I wouldn't rule out Robinson or Matthews if they trade down. 
You dont take Robinson over Matthews to play at RT.  Matthews is a proven RT and would probably be a pro bowler his rookie year.  Robinson also is not a very good pass protector, Matthews is great in pass and run blocking.  Robinson is a dominant run blocker but we dont know how he will play on the right side.  With that said, no way do we take a T in the first especially if we get Mack

Quote:Laughing at a guy who works....thats classic

Do pretty well average 80 to 110 per show. They either listen via stream or down load our show. The station as a whole has had over 96,000 plays. We have had over 2,500 in only a month ourself. Google stripclubchoppers or 2 loco
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 06:55 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:You might be right....but that said....I think both players will wind up being stud OL'men....so even if thats a worst case scenario - its still not that bad. 

We'd be underutilizing our first round pick in a strong draft if we grab a right tackle. We have positions of need that match up well with the top players in this draft and using it to draft a right tackle is diminishing the pick's value. In my opinion, Pasztor at RT, a second/third round guard, and any of the players I mentioned previously is easily better than whatever combination we'd end up with with Robinson/Matthews as our first round pick.

Quote:You might be right....but that said....I think both players will wind up being stud OL'men....so even if thats a worst case scenario - its still not that bad. 
Yes they are both great prospects, but there are also other great prospects, and you can have a dominant oline w/o two high 1st rounders, the highest paid C in history, and a highly paid LG too. 

Quote:How's this strike ya? 

Joeckel - Beadles - Mack - draft pick - Greg Robinson

Rackley/ Pazstor as depth 

(or Pazstor as RG)

So essentially we would trade a pretty good left tackle for low-round picks, and then blow a very high first round pick to replace that empty spot of the OL (now right tackle since Joeckel switched)

That would be horrible asset management. 

Joeckel - Beadles - Mack - Gabe Jackson or David Yankey - Pasztor

Quote:So essentially we would trade a pretty good left tackle for low-round picks, and then blow a very high first round pick to replace that empty spot of the OL (now right tackle since Joeckel switched)

That would be horrible asset management. 

meh, I guess......but Matthews/ Robinson >>>>>> Monroe, IMO. 

Again though, I'm not talking about using pick 3 on an OT, it would be after a trade or trade(s) down and stockpiling picks, 

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 07:24 PM by KYjaggy.)

;.

that's what he thinks Hayden should get.  That's not the Mack deal

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Hoping Cleveland doesn't match. Glad to see the front office make an effort. 

Quote:Joeckel - Beadles - Mack - Gabe Jackson or David Yankey - Pasztor

Yes! This!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Even if/when he does sign the paper its going to be a long 5 days to see if the browns match/drag it out

Quote:that's what he thinks Hayden should get.  That's not the Mack deal
Oopsie

Good signing if Cleveland doesn't match.

I can see why some might want to see us draft Matthews or Robinson. It would certainly give us a potentially top tier O-Line with Joeckel, Beadles, Mack, "insert right guard" and Matthews/Robinson.

But honestly I think the team should bring back Pasztor at RT, and use the first round pick to either land a QB, get Watkins to give us a star receiver, draft Clowney, or perhaps Mack. I can see the value in Matthews or Robinson, but I'd go a different route.

@MaryKayCabot #Browns Mack really enjoyed his visit with the #Jaguars, but is also fully prepared for the #Browns to match the offer, lg source said.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

the back and forth between media reports is going to be entertaining

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:@MaryKayCabot #Browns Mack really enjoyed his visit with the #Jaguars, but is also fully prepared for the #Browns to match the offer, lg source said.

Browns gonna hate no matter what.. We either take Mack or drive up his price for them.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:we don't have to use up most or all of our cap in THIS offseason. we aren't going to turn things completely around in ONE season either. We can save that cap space for NEXT season? or is that idea unheard of? lol

As I said earlier, this signing does not mean we can't sign other player this year or the next. This isn't a Mario Williams type blockbuster deal. And this also means we won't need to spend a pick in the draft for a center. And what does that mean? We can pick another position like the skill position you are clamoring for.