Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

I haven't seen this answered in the thread yet but is there a reason why the Jags/Mack are waiting until Friday to sign the offer sheet?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To hammer out the detail, to make the contract harder for Browns to match. The devil is in the details.

The more I think about it, the more unlikely Browns is able to match.

If only the draft was sooner. Push it back and a center becomes talk of town.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

@JasonLaCanfora: Alex Mack has agreed to the terms of an offer sheet with Jags. Actual offer sheet not yet drawn up but will be shortly and then submitted

Just tweeted that should know details shortly

Fingers crossed! If we manage to snag Mack, what a free agency we would have had!

Mack does not want to be there so...

The Jaguars sign Mack to an opt out clause after the first year.  Should scare them

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Mack does not want to be there so...

The Jaguars sign Mack to an opt out clause after the first year.  Should scare them

That would be interesting. Could also ultimately bite us in the rear too...

Quote:Not necessarily. They could trade down to 6 and still get Robinson, possibly. 
Ok, so then we've blown the sixth overall pick on Robinson, and we still don't have a pass rusher or a quarterback.

Quote:That would be interesting. Could also ultimately bite us in the rear too...
How could it? We give Cleveland nothing in the deal. Worst case scenario, we get arguably the best center in the game for a year before he exercises a clause that we wrote in intending for him to use. You'd have to be nuts to believe that the Jaguars and Mack haven't already laid out the framework for the deal they'll sign in February of 2015 to extend Mack's tenure.

Sweet! Smile

I've got 5 whole days to plan my celebration dance! Smile

(and maybe my...disappointment dance...?)

Quote:Sweet! Smile

I've got 5 whole days to plan my celebration dance! Smile

(and maybe my...disappointment dance...?)

Surely you'll be posting these dances for all to see

We dont have that sort of technology up here in Canada,

but i can assure you i will be dancing......hard.

Smile

Is there any kind of time frame as to how soon the terms of the offer sheet are to be made available?

Do we have to wait until the Browns decide to match or not for example?

not sure of the precedent on this...

cheers

Quote:How's this strike ya? 

Joeckel - Beadles - Mack - draft pick - Greg Robinson

Rackley/ Pazstor as depth 

(or Pazstor as RG)

like a damn waste of a high 1st rounder

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Mack does not want to be there so...

I say Watson.....brilliant!

Quote:I say Watson.....brilliant!

Deshaun Watson is a freshman

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...n-clavicle

@RapSheet: Alex Mack has agreed to terms on the #Jaguars offer sheet tonight, source said. It’s a five-year deal. #Browns have 5 days when he signs it
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:@RapSheet: Alex Mack has agreed to terms on the #Jaguars offer sheet tonight, source said. It’s a five-year deal. #Browns have 5 days when he signs it

WOOOP
Shock the world

If the following was addressed earlier in the thread,  by all means feel free to direct me to the discussion:

Do you believe the two teams will attempt to work out a trade for Alex Mack?   If yes,  what is the most you would be comfortable the Jaguars giving up to secure the rights to Mack?

So if he signs tonight the Browns have until Monday correct?
Shock the world