Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:@RapSheet: Alex Mack has agreed to terms on the #Jaguars offer sheet tonight, source said. It’s a five-year deal. #Browns have 5 days when he signs it
I wonder when he will sign it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If the following was addressed earlier in the thread,  by all means feel free to direct me to the discussion:

Do you believe the two teams will attempt to work out a trade for Alex Mack?   If yes,  what is the most you would be comfortable the Jaguars giving up to secure the rights to Mack?

O'Halloran, the jaguars insider, said the Jags are not looking at any trades to get Mack.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:O'Halloran, the jaguars insider, said the Jags are not looking at any trades to get Mack.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if this is indeed the Jaguars position or whether it's a negotiating tactic to get an offer that the team brass is comfortable with.

Quote:Thanks for the info.

I wonder if this is indeed the Jaguars position or whether it's a negotiating tactic to get an offer that the team brass is comfortable with.

I think it sounded like the offer is very good and if the Browns decide to Match, then they can have him.

We're not going to pay this amount and also give up some draft picks.

We'll see.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:So if he signs tonight the Browns have until Monday correct?

One would think it would be 5 business days, but who knows

Quote:One would think it would be 5 business days, but who knows
business days?  since when has the NFL ever went by business days?

Quote:If the following was addressed earlier in the thread,  by all means feel free to direct me to the discussion:

Do you believe the two teams will attempt to work out a trade for Alex Mack?   If yes,  what is the most you would be comfortable the Jaguars giving up to secure the rights to Mack?

I would be fine with a 2nd round pick, most will disagree, but how many pro bowl players do you find in the second round?

Quote:business days?  since when has the NFL ever went by business days?

it just depends on what they have set, if the rules are up to date it probably will be 5 days, but otherwise it could take some time to get the contract to the NFL and then to the Browns

it shouldn't matter as they will probably know what they are doing a few hours after seeing the contract

Quote:business days?  since when has the NFL ever went by business days?
NFL business days are 365 like you said.

Quote:I would be fine with a 2nd round pick, most will disagree, but how many pro bowl players do you find in the second round?
If he was franchised yes, but he wasnt so like has been said the Jaguars wont sign him to a big contract and give up that much, The Browns gave him the transition tag which means the Jaguars wont have to give up anything for him so no way they would give up that much. Now they could agree to a deal if the Browns say throw us a mid round draft pick and we wont match otherwise we will match. Other then that 1st to 3rd round picks would be too much.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

5 DAYS FROM TOMORROW KNOW IF HAVE A CENTER OR NOT. matters none still stuck with chad.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:5 DAYS FROM TOMORROW KNOW IF HAVE A CENTER OR NOT. matters none still stuck with chad.
Brilliant Insight, Powerful Analysis. Your Ronster's brother right?

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:5 DAYS FROM TOMORROW KNOW IF HAVE A CENTER OR NOT. matters none still stuck with chad.

And we're still stuck with you can you be replaced?
"Get Better Everyday"

Are we likely to know about the Browns intentions fairly soon? I know they have 5 days but I don't see why they'd need to wait the entire 5 days.

Quote:Are we likely to know about the Browns intentions fairly soon? I know they have 5 days but I don't see why they'd need to wait the entire 5 days.
It might take them the full 5 days to come to a decision.

I didn't realize we were giving up all our draft picks after signing the Secret World of Alex Mack.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Are we likely to know about the Browns intentions fairly soon? I know they have 5 days but I don't see why they'd need to wait the entire 5 days.

I expect well hear they're matching and not matching several times over the next days.

Caldwell isn't going to waste his time if he thinks the Browns will match their deal, the fact that it's a 5 year deal (which is pretty long) means the guranteed money is going to be more than Cleveland can handle in my opinion. 

Considering Texans will have Clowney and Watt, we're going to need all the help we can get