Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

@AdamSchefter: Once it is signed, Browns figure to match Jacksonville's five-year offer sheet to C Alex Mack "in no time at all", per source.

Welp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:@AdamSchefter: Once it is signed, Browns figure to match Jacksonville's five-year offer sheet to C Alex Mack "in no time at all", per source.

Welp
Liars.

[BAD WORD REMOVED].

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Looks like he's not going to be a Jag. Glad they tried though, don't lose anything for trying.

Quote:@AdamSchefter: Once it is signed, Browns figure to match Jacksonville's five-year offer sheet to C Alex Mack "in no time at all", per source.

Welp

44 pages for what we should have known would happen all along.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

I hate Cleveland with a passion now

If anything it's given me a team to dislike. What a bunch of crybaby fans they have berating the Jaguars at every chance. I've seen the city of Jacksonville, it's fans and team been talk about like trash by Browns fans over the past day or two for trying to to sign a player.

It'll make me smile if they only make the playoffs once in the next twenty years too.

If true, CLE has some dumb owners. Why would you put yourselfs in a hole  by oversigning  a  player who wants out? How are they going to resign any of their other top players next off season? And CLE fans think we're the dumb ones.

Welp

If it happens, it happens.. Still have 11 picks, not too shabby..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 07:49 AM by jagherd.)

delete

I really don't want us to draft a o-lineman in the first. I feel we could do much more with the pick and I'd much rather have Manziel/Clowney/Bridgewater/Mack/Bortles or trade down.

Liked the effort regardless.....had the money, made an offer but didn't act stupid to offer an outrageous amount. Now we'll just take either Haden or Gordon next season when the Browns realise they don't have the money to pay them what they're worth  :thumbsup:

Haha this is gonna bite Cleveland so hard if they match.

Dumb franchise gets even more stupid.

Quote:lol.....see what y'all are missing on that "radio show" of his??..... Laughing

Haters going to hate. I was being my sarcastic self. With the comment. But it is cool. The fry cook wanted to have fun.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I don't believe any of this Browns will match any contract we offer! I think it is more like them blowing smoke when you don't have a clue what is in the contract! If they are that commented then Caldwell will have slapped the Browns with a huge cap hit for a player that doesn't want to play for their team! Jags win either way! One other thing that is of interest is to see just how Dave will structure the contract to try and steel Mack. 

Quote:http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/4/5/55...free-agent

Alfie confirmed with 2 different sources so sounds like its for real this time. 
5 years and I heard it might be all guaranted money?

Quote:I don't believe any of this Browns will match any contract we offer! I think it is more like them blowing smoke when you don't have a clue what is in the contract! If they are that commented then Caldwell will have slapped the Browns with a huge cap hit for a player that doesn't want to play for their team! Jags win either way! One other thing that is of interest is to see just how Dave will structure the contract to try and steel Mack. 
Oh boy...

There seems to be a whole lot of bad blood that is brewing between Cleveland and Jacksonville.

I wonder what the signing bonus is. Couldn't that play a role? Especially if he does opt out and they're still carrying a large cap hit, or even what it is on top of the guarantee.

I was excited for a while myself, but it's ok too. Like TMD said (and has of course since reneged on) they showed good effort and even if Cleveland does match we were willing to give a FA a record breaking deal that is good.

I said earlier 40-50% above the next highest center (with more than double the guaranteed money) was an awfully high price to pay for a very good but not great player. If it happened great but there shouldn't be anger that it didn't. The only thing that got me hopeful was the tweet about the Browns not holding him hostage if he really wanted to leave, but in his own words while he wanted to go to Jax he was also willing and prepared to stay in Cleveland if they did match. Jax preference sure, but definitely not a hostage situation. 

The Jags offered a record amount of money to get a non glorified position and a team that had more money and the rights to match appear ready to do just that. Nothing more we could have done.

Quote:I wonder what the signing bonus is. Couldn't that play a role? Especially if he does opt out and they're still carrying a large cap hit, or even what it is on top of the guarantee.

It is probably heavy on roster bonuses.

;

;