Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:Nothing has been signed, but the parameters were released last night on PFT. The comments were not pre emptive based on nothing they were based on easy numbers to match. 

The parameters that are still being negotiated? Oh....ok.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The trick is to only overspend on your core talent, the reason teams get into cap trouble is when they overpay mediocre talent too often (which is a big reason I don't like the Gerhart deal) 

The Redskins and Cowboys are probably the biggest offenders as almost every year they sign some average player to a whopping inflated deal, and then get burned by said player. However they seam to do it year in and year out.

Having a lot of cap room can also suggest you just aren't willing to pay your talent that you do have
I agree with everything you said.  :yes:

Quote:Everyone's projecting their disappointment on the Jags not getting Mack and throwing it my way now....

No. We are just laughing at your schtick.

;

;

Quote:I guess you didn't see the PFT reported contract numbers. 

Do you really think the Jaguars are going to leak that information while they're still crafting a contract? 

This is a rhetorical question because I actually know the answer here, but are you really that ignorant?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No, but he can give you the up to date pricing on every item on the McDonald's value menu.

:thumbsup:

Until the contract is signed, there is nothing really to discuss. The leaks of information could have been to test the waters or see what Cleveland's response would be. Mine was "Oh darn, not much in there to turn the tide". But I'm sure they are working on it more and seeing what else can be included (legally). So, this probably won't be a definite thing until tomorrow or later tonight. *Crossing fingers still*

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Its on this very thread a few pages ago. Go find it yourself. 

Deflect when challenged.  Another typical maneuver once the ignorance is exposed.

You're really not smart enough to distinguish between your opinion and actual fact.   It's pretty funny actually.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Nothing has been signed, but the parameters were released last night on PFT. The comments were not pre emptive based on nothing they were based on easy numbers to match. 
DUDE.. wake up and count your losses.

There are no figures, only Vapor, wishful thinking, no hard facts. Nothing factual at all has been reported, signed, nothing.

Now your back tracking all over the place. You believe PFT??? Ohhh and you beat Schefter????

Even if the Brown's match, everything you have posted on has no factual basis.

But you will come out with 'Told ya So"

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:Until the contract is signed, there is nothing really to discuss. The leaks of information could have been to test the waters or see what Cleveland's response would be. Mine was "Oh darn, not much in there to turn the tide". But I'm sure they are working on it more and seeing what else can be included (legally). So, this probably won't be a definite thing until tomorrow or later tonight. *Crossing fingers still*

GO JAGS!!

Exactly.  Until there's a signature on an actual offer sheet, and the deal is still being crafted, nothing that is being reported should be taken with anything but a grain of salt.  That's what certain barstool divas don't seem to grasp, but it's a business thing, and his exposure to anything beyond the proper temperature of grease in the deep frier might as well be Chinese as far as he's concerned. 

So is there a chance that the Jags will attempt to pull off a trade with Cleveland should Cleveland match the offer sheet?

Would the Jags trade a Rd 2 pick for the chance to sign Mack?

Is that a good deal or should the Jags just walk away if Cleveland matches the offer sheet?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Quote:The trick is to only overspend on your core talent, the reason teams get into cap trouble is when they overpay mediocre talent too often (which is a big reason I don't like the Gerhart deal) 

Was Michael Turner overpaid by the Falcons upon his signing from San Diego? I don't think Gerhart was overpaid given the role he'll play here. In the end, providing he stays healthy, I think his contract will look cheap. 

Mack is one of the best players in the league at the position he plays. To get someone like that you have to pay up. 

So is it a "virtual certainty" that Schefter is right???

:woot:

;

;

Quote:DUDE.. wake up and count your losses.

There are no figures, only Vapor, wishful thinking, no hard facts. Nothing factual at all has been reported, signed, nothing.

Now your back tracking all over the place. You believe PFT??? Ohhh and you beat Schefter????

Even if the Brown's match, everything you have posted on has no factual basis.

But you will come out with 'Told ya So"

HeadSlap

He has to throw everything at the wall in order to come back later to let everyone know he was ahead of the curve.  If the Jags land Mack, he'll claim he was the first one to predict it would happen.  If they don't, he'll rip the front office for not doing a better job of negotiating a contract.  Then he'll go into the nuances of contract negotiation based on his own vast experience. 

Quote:I got Schefter by 8-9 hours on this....

People like to rip on me, but I know my football.

I don't care.

I don't care.

Quote:So is there a chance that the Jags will attempt to pull off a trade with Cleveland should Cleveland match the offer sheet?

Is that a good deal or should the Jags just walk away if Cleveland matches the offer sheet?

I don't want any trade with Cleveland with the exception of maybe throwing ONE of the 5th rounders their way. Either we get Mack via money or nothing. 

Quote:Its on this very thread a few pages ago. Go find it yourself. 
Sorry, I have to repackage a few applications for deployment to network devices... Don't really have time to go through 40+ pages to find the link you posted, and I probably shouldn't be on here even now...  Seems like you could have helped us both out :no:

Quote:So is there a chance that the Jags will attempt to pull off a trade with Cleveland should Cleveland match the offer sheet?

TMD is dialing the rotary hotline in the kitchen as we speak to get that information for you. 

Good to see you back in the mix, Stigma.

IMO, I don't think the Jags would toss a 2nd rounder at Cleveland for Mack.  Caldwell appears to covet his draft picks.

Quote:So is it a "virtual certainty" that Schefter is right???

:woot:

Schefter is the ESPN equivalent of TMD.  He throws all sorts of crap at the wall and hopes something sticks. 

Gotta give you credit. You know how to troll.

I guess everybody has to be good at something in life, right?

;

;