Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 11:05 AM by Ringo.)

Quote:I'll make sure to aim for that big cyst you have growing out of your neck Smile
Bet you'd like to give a sponge bath as well, but no thanks I dont like hickeys

Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Realistically, if we wind up getting Mack in this little dance, that's a great thing.  If we don't, it's not the end of the world.  It's just nice to see the Jags generating some positive buzz right now.  Like I said before, who knew a center could generate this much excitement?

No its not the end of the world....but kinda sucks to be led down the garden path thinking we were going to make a really strong offer that Cleveland would have difficulty matching when, according to the PFT numbers, it doesn't seem to be the case at all. 

Its a let down. 

Quote:Bet you'd like to give a sponge bath as well

To you? Prolly like bathing a Ken Doll..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 11:06 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think it's pretty well established by now that you don't know diddly squat about what's going on, but you keep telling yourself otherwise if it props up that attention starved psyche of yours.

LOL, I'm the only one using actual reported numbers, (PFT, but still reported) for being the one that apparently knows nothing about the situation...

Keep up trying to act as if my take isn't very plausible to whats going on. 

Quote:I would imagine the opt out is window dressing if it does indeed exist. We'll have to see what the actual details are when there's something tangible to look at beyond rumor and speculation.
I think the only thing we know for sure is the only real winner here is Mack, he is getting a big pay day no matter where he lands and if opt out language exist that means he can hit the street in short order again.

Quote:To you? Prolly like bathing a Ken Doll..
Experience eh? Good for you

Blakes Life Matters

Some of you need to get a life. You're waaaaaaaay too focused on what TMD has to say.

Quote:He cited 15 MIL over 2 years. I cited 30 MIL over 3, with 18 MIL over the first 2, which are the numbers being reported from PFT. 

That is not a tall order for Cleveland to match. If it was they'd never have even transistioned him in the first place. 

The Cap will be going up 5-10 MIL each year over the next 3-5 years, with the current TV deal. Cleveland can easily extend their players and afford Mack too under the PFT numbers. 
How hard is it for you to understand that those numbers are not confirmed?

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

Quote:LOL, I'm the only one using actual reported numbers, (PFT, but still reported) for being the one that apparently knows nothing about the situation...

There is nothing ACTUAL your using. Those numbers are Vapor, conjecture.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:LOL, I'm the only one using actual reported numbers, (PFT, but still reported) for being the one that apparently knows nothing about the situation...

In other words, you don't have a clue.

I know it's difficult for you to understand being as "smart" as you actually are, but they're still negotiating a contract. Nothing has been agreed to, and ANY numbers being tossed out in the media at this point are speculative. You might want to look that word up in a dictionary. That's a big book with lots of words in it that tells you what they mean.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 11:13 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:How hard is it for you to understand that those numbers are not confirmed?

How hard is it for some of you to realize that while they are not confirmed, its gotta be close. PFT despite getting some things wrong, does indeed have pretty good connections, and in matters of contracts and free agency and stuff are often right. 

The numbers they are floating out there are very believable for this situation and likely are coming from the agent himself or someone within direct knowledge of the negotiations. 

Quote:Some of you need to get a life. You're waaaaaaaay too focused on what TMD has to say.
Off season, Bones. Off season. But yeah, many of us dont heed FBTs sig at the bottom of his posts

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Experience eh? Good for you

I've bathed my share of women before, you'd be no different..

Quote:I think the only thing we know for sure is the only real winner here is Mack, he is getting a big pay day no matter where he lands and if opt out language exist that means he can hit the street in short order again.

Any time you're in a situation like this, the Ayer is ultimately the winner initially. But, if the Jags do wind up signing him, I think over the duration of the contract, it's going to be mutually beneficial. If he stays in Cleveland, he's getting paid, but he's still playing for a team he wants to get away from.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:How hard is it for some of you to realize that while they are not confirmed, its gotta be close. PFT despite getting some things wrong, does indeed have pretty good connections, and in matters of contracts and free agency and stuff are often right. 

The numbers they are floating out there are very believable for this situation.  
They don't HAVE to be close at all.  They can be way off.  Just because they think that's what is going on doesn't make it fact.  You just chose to believe every little thing you read.  You refuse to wait for the ACTUAL numbers to come out.  No offense but I am shocked you haven't died from heart failure from all the freaking out you do at every little turn of information.

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

Quote:I've bathed my share of women before, you'd be no different..
You said Ken Doll...not Barbie there stud.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:How hard is it for some of you to realize that while they are not confirmed, its gotta be close. PFT despite getting some things wrong, does indeed have pretty good connections, and in matters of contracts and free agency and stuff are often right.

The numbers they are floating out there are very believable for this situation and likely are coming from the agent himself or someone within direct knowledge of the negotiations.
It doesn't have to be close just because it's reported by a site who manages a stinking rumor mill. As smart as you claim to be, you're not terribly bright. You darn sure don't have experience negotiating contracts for a business. If the contract is still being negotiated, there are NO numbers to report.

The Jags could be floating figures to measure Cleveland's response, or to lull them into complacency. You think it's factual, but that's just your ignorance shining through.

Dumb question...but Mack really has no say so, correct? If the Browns match, its like being tagged ?

Apparently he's unhappy in Cleveland, but tough, if they match the offer?

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:You said Ken Doll...not Barbie there stud.

Hmmm.. What does a Ken Doll and a woman have in common?

Look, I know I called your brain nothing but a cyst, but you're trying awfully hard to prove me right..

Quote:It doesn't have to be close just because it's reported by a site who manages a stinking rumor mill. As smart as you claim to be, you're not terribly bright. You darn sure don't have experience negotiating contracts for a business. If the contract is still being negotiated, there are NO numbers to report.

The Jags could be floating figures to measure Cleveland's response, or to lull them into complacency. You think it's factual, but that's just your ignorance shining through.

Again, that rumor mill site is usually accurate and timely when it comes to this type of story.