Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:Who cares...if we offered 3 years 10 million or 5 years 50 million...the Browns have more money than we do and can match anything we offer...in order to really force them not to do something financially it would break us too.

At the end of the day, it is great to see the Jags going after this type of player.
putting in some of the clauses and opt outs we did makes it a bit tougher for them. I like to see that we are trying to make things hard on them and I think we might actually end up with Mack.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 10:10 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I must admit I was not caring whether we won or lost and sometimes just wished we'd lost (like TMD); because I was so used to the previous years of stinkage, I decided what the heck is a few wins going to do. But I must admit, those wins really helped us out a lot; a ton; a gigantic enormous mound! So I was wrong too in the beginning. Our team and mind frame has done a complete 180 and I haven't been this excited in a very long time!

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:credit for honesty Banana

Honesty or finally realizing? Haha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Then we'll know by Wednesday at the latest if he'll be a Jags for 2014. 

Unless the Browns match the offer sheet tomorrow,  expect rumors from all different directions in the coming days.   It wouldn't surprise me if the Browns wait until Wednesday to announce their decision,  if they don't act tomorrow.    I'll be more surprised if the Browns make an announcement Saturday, Sunday, Monday,  or Tuesday.  

I hate Cleveland even more now 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Does anyone else see the transition tag as a cheap way for a team to force a player to stay when he doesn't want to be there?

A major risk with the Transition Tag strategy is another team putting in voidable language into the contract much like the Jaguars did in the case of Alex Mack.   Basically,  unless Mack likes the direction of the Browns organization,  even if they match the offer sheet,  he can leave Cleveland after two more seasons.  

Quote:I like that the deal seems to be a bit tougher to match than first reported. But again, we'll see how long it takes Cleveland to match.

Wait. So the original report that you took as gospel may not have been accurate? You mean they didn't have all the details? Gosh. Who'd have thunk it?

Is the knee jerk part of your dance routine?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Wait. So the original report that you took as gospel may not have been accurate? You mean they didn't have all the details? Gosh. Who'd have thunk it?

Is the knee jerk part of your dance routine?

Or the original report may have been completely accurate. Then things were added to the contract later. 

Quote:Or the original report may have been completely accurate. Then things were added to the contract later. 
Spin time.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 11:10 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Or the original report may have been completely accurate. Then things were added to the contract later. 
I highly doubt that was the case. There were tweets about opt outs being in the contract well before that PFT article was posted.

Or maybe it was pure speculation. It is possible that the reported numbers were just a straight out fabrication.

Our maybe they felt a divergence in the force and decided to do something different all together.
Signature goes here.

Isn't this fun :woot: :woot:

Quote:Isn't this fun :woot: :woot:

I know I'm havin' a blast Big Grin

I thought everyone learned to never trust PFT. I haven't been on that site in forever.

Quote:I thought everyone learned to never trust PFT. I haven't been on that site in forever.

They're usually good with free agent type news. 

Quote:Isn't this fun :woot: :woot:

I love it.  It's a nice diversion to draft overload.  I can't believe it is stîll a month away.

Is it next Wednesday yet?

Quote:Is it next Wednesday yet?

Close.. Check back in an hour.. 

Quote:They're usually good with free agent type news. 

Meh, free agent news is all over twitter.  No need to use pft.

Think I remember you saying you don't use twitter. Get a twitter account. Way easier to get info.

I just want to know why there is such a thing as the transition tag?

The whole point of ditching restricted free agents (for the most part) was to give the players freedom. Mack is practically being held hostage.