Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:At the time, what was being reported was a weaker offer. The Jags went back to the drawing board today and fixed a few things after word got out that the original was too easy for the Browns to match. 
what was being "reported" was about 10 mil per year over the first 2. per your PFT source lol

Now what is being reported is 18 mil over 2 years... an average of 9 mil.

with almost no details released on base salaries and escalators. only detail which is pretty much the same as before is the opt out clause and a no tag clause.

I'm sure once the Jags heard you were unhappy with what you read on PFT they went back to the drawing board.

Or it could be that they were never finished with the deal and the rumor mill just got you all wet and bothered.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did anyone name you specifically? Do you have a guilty conscience or something?

I have reported it in the past and guess what, never was addressed and the behavior continues.

If the shoe fits, wear it. If not, don't get your panties all in a bunch about it.

The poster you were quoting, was directing his complaints at me. You piled on. No big deal.

Quote:ive gotten in plenty of arguments about mods throwing around insults at other forum members usually with pirkster or fbt and i have never been warned. and whoever says TMD has been here years supporting the jaguars needs to learn the antonym for support. so i can at least give that 2 cents.

also, does anyone know if that contract sheet is definitely going to get signed by mack today?

The mods are supposed to abide by the same rules as everyone else. Believe it or not, a lot of slack gets given around here, to everyone.

Quote:The mods are supposed to abide by the same rules as everyone else. Believe it or not, a lot of slack gets given around here, to everyone.
Not to mention... it's an internet message board. They are all the same. Lots of whining, fighting, name calling, hand wringing, by all participants and mods.

-shrug- it is what it is. People cry too much.

Quote:The poster you were quoting, was directing his complaints at me. You piled on. No big deal.
I was just speaking generally. No worries.

Anyway, where's Mack and why isn't he here yet?

Oh, and Cleveland blows. 

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 10:10 AM by pirkster.)

Quote:Or it could be that they were never finished with the deal and the rumor mill just got you all wet and bothered.

Nailed it.  He took a [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor source and ran with it as if it were the gospel.

When warned that the site is inherently unreliable, he predictably defended it incessantly.

Now, there's egg on his face and he's acting as if it's his new foundation.

Some things never, EVER change...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Not to mention... it's an internet message board. They are all the same. Lots of whining, fighting, name calling, hand wringing, by all participants and mods.

-shrug- it is what it is. People cry too much.
If message board behavior jumped from cyberspace to public behavior, there would be chaos. :pirate:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Let's keep the thread on Mack and less on TMD and his right or wrong opinions, or the opinions about how people feel about mods warnings etc. 

Take that stuff to PM and keep the thread moving talking about Mack and if Cleveland matches or not.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:Let's keep the thread on Mack and less on TMD and his right or wrong opinions, or the opinions about how people feel about mods warnings etc. 

Take that stuff to PM and keep the thread moving talking about Mack and if Cleveland matches or not.
party pooper

Quote:Let's keep the thread on Mack and less on TMD and his right or wrong opinions, or the opinions about how people feel about mods warnings etc.

Not much left to do now other then wait.

Quote:I think the 'Mack is desperate to get out of Cleveland' rumors were a little (or a lot) overblown. I've read plenty in the last day that makes it sound like he would still be quite happy and amicable if the Browns match.

Not surprised at this either. Just like the Shea Weber (NHL) example I gave. Even if Mack does indeed want out, if Cleveland matches, expect him to say in public that he's happy to remain a Cleveland Brown, blah blah......

Quote:Not much left to do now other then wait.

To quote a great American:

Now we play the waiting game… ahh, the waiting game stinks. Lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Quote:Not much left to do now other then wait.
Does the longer they take continue to rub Mack the wrong way? I believe for me it sure would. It would be like, Hey, you said you would match now you're jacking around.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Last reports indicated the sheet hadn't even been signed yet.  It's supposed to happen some time today.

If Cleveland doesn't match it quickly, I think you can read something into that.  We'll see what happens soon enough.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Where were you 40 pages ago???

Quote:I was just speaking generally. No worries.

Anyway, where's Mack and why isn't he here yet?

Oh, and Cleveland blows.

Good point. We Jags fans shouldn't be at odds. It's the Browns fan- that's our true enemy.

Quote:Not surprised at this either. Just like the Shea Weber (NHL) example I gave. Even if Mack does indeed want out, if Cleveland matches, expect him to say in public that he's happy to remain a Cleveland Brown, blah blah......

From reading this, he certainly doesn't seem like he wants to be a Brown. More like it isn't the end of the world. Anyways, that's my take from the quote from Mack below.

"I have to be comfortable with (the fact they can match)," Mack said. "It's their right. I have to weigh that into any potential decision. But I walked away from our meeting with feeling it was a good meeting. With a doubt, it's not a bad thing to return to the Browns.

"We'll see what happens. It's tough to know. I don't know how teams feel about me. I still have an opportunity to meet with coaches and experience free agency. That's the goal. I like Cleveland; I know it. I like these new coaches. But there are other opportunities out there. You only get to play this game so long. Let's see what else is out there."

Quote:I think the market will determine that here.  The Jaguars front office is setting the price point.  But, the thing here is they know they're overspending, but they're hoping to land one of the better players in the league at that position.  A few years from now, someone else will have set a new standard, and what he's making will wind up being back to average.  The team has the money, and they have to spend it.  The offensive line is a critical component that requires attention, so it's not a bad place to invest, especially if you intend to put a new QB behind that line. 

I get the price point, and I know that as the Cap goes up over the next few years his hit is going to diminish. And this isn't necessarily a concern of mine as much as it is a 'thinking point', but $10+ million a year for a Center is a pretty steep price to pay. Now, if I had to pay that kind of money out, then Mack is the kind of player to which I would write the check. He still has several years left in his career, he's already accomplished, etc etc etc.

It's not that I don't want Mack on the roster nor that I don't want to pay $10 Million for his services, but rather me having a "holy [bad word removed]! We just paid a Center $10 million!!!" moment.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I just want to know why there is such a thing as the transition tag?

The whole point of ditching restricted free agents (for the most part) was to give the players freedom. Mack is practically being held hostage. 
Yeah...its practically slavery.  /sarcasm     For $10M a year, you can hold me "hostage" in Flint Michigan.

Well we have to spend the money regardless. I have no problems spending the money on these top tier players.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."