Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

Quote:Perhaps the free agents we've already signed and the 11 draft picks will help. :wacko:

Seriously?  This is the barstool diva we're talking about here.  It's never going to be good enough.

You'd think that with such high standards, the dog whimperer would be running some corporate entity, or at least some successful business.  Unfortunately, his high standards only count in the virtual world.  In the real world, the bar is much lower, as in on the floor lower. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This franchise needs a lot more than just moral victories to right this ship. 

Have you not seen the passiveness that this team has HAD to witness for the last decade or so? Where they literally SAT on their hands and not even tried to go after the bigger fish in the sea? Unless you're completely blind, which I'm assuming you are not.. You know what? I'm not gonna bother.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I've suffered for 14 straight seasons.....whats the point of bailing now? 

Disappointment is the norm for being TMD. #becauseTMD

There, that's better.

Quote:Seriously?  This is the barstool diva we're talking about here.  It's never going to be good enough.

You'd think that with such high standards, the dog whimperer would be running some corporate entity, or at least some successful business.  Unfortunately, his high standards only count in the virtual world.  In the real world, the bar is much lower, as in on the floor lower. 

He has high standards. I saw the thread he posted about wanting a job with Frito Lay. If he had low standards, he'd be looking for a job with Golden Flake or Wise.

;

;

Quote:But didn't you say you were happy they made the effort?  

This franchise needs to draft well and be responsible in free agency.  I think we have done that so far...  Still early though so certainly the story is still being written.

I'm happy Caldwell actually targeted the right guy, but apparently the effort wasn't all that good if Cleveland matched the deal within a lunch break. Some times you need perspective to gauge the effort, and we just got ours via Cleveland's quick actions. 

Even though I'm disappointed we didn't land him, I'm really glad they showed us they aren't afraid to go after the big name if they see their value as well. I'm glad we at least tried. Kudos Caldwell and Bradley. I'm also glad they didn't go overboard and blow the contract numbers sky high to where the cost outweighs the value.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I've suffered for 14 straight seasons.....whats the point of bailing now? 

Disappointment is the norm for being a Jags fan. #becausejaguars. 

Nothing you have ever said or done on this board will lead anybody to believe you are a fan of this team.

All you do is troll. To say otherwise is laughable.

Quote:He has high standards. I saw the thread he posted about wanting a job with Frito Lay. If he had low standards, he'd be looking for a job with Golden Flake or Wise.

Golden Flake Pickle Chips >>> Lay's Pickle Chips

Quote:Wins/ losses is all that matters. And losing out on Mack doesn't increase the W's in the win column thats for sure. 

I disagree. When you're a developing team in a smaller market it's important to show both your fanbase and potential future FAs that you're committed to winning. Not to mention they've built a positive relationship with Mack's agent Marvin Demoff, which could be beneficial down the road.

Quote:We played a good hand. They had trump card. They played trump card. Really as simple as that. 
You're just willing to settle for mediocrity, that's all.  If you were a truly objective fan, you'd be demanding the Jags throw another 10 million at Mack to make sure they land him.  Anything less than getting the guy you're targeting is utter failure.  Fire Caldwell!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm happy Caldwell actually targeted the right guy, but apparently the effort wasn't all that good if Cleveland matched the deal within a lunch break. Some times you need perspective to gauge the effort, and we just got ours via Cleveland's quick actions. 

Or, this is possible, Cleveland wanted him that badly.  You said to offer $1 or $2 million more and that wouldn't have mattered so what are you disappointed about?  Your "suggestion" wouldn't have worked either.  The only other thing you could suggest is to grossly over pay him which is not the right move.  Cleveland wanted him, they proved that through their actions.

Quote:You're just willing to settle for mediocrity, that's all.  If you were a truly objective fan, you'd be demanding the Jags throw another 10 million at Mack to make sure they land him.  Anything less than getting the guy you're targeting is utter failure.  Fire Caldwell!

#becausejagwhyers

;

;

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 04:58 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Have you not seen the passiveness that this team has HAD to witness for the last decade or so? Where they literally SAT on their hands and not even tried to go after the bigger fish in the sea? Unless you're completely blind, which I'm assuming you are not.. You know what? I'm not gonna bother.. 

I wouldn't say they totally sat on their hands over the last decade.(pre Caldwell)  They targeted and got FA's to come here. They were just bad decisions on who they chose. 

Well that was anti-climactic.

Quote:Even though I'm disappointed we didn't land him, I'm really glad they showed us they aren't afraid to go after the big name if they see their value as well. I'm glad we at least tried. Kudos Caldwell and Bradley. I'm also glad they didn't go overboard and blow the contract numbers sky high to where the cost outweighs the value.

GO JAGS!!

That's a good way to put it. Props my good sir.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:You're just willing to settle for mediocrity, that's all.  If you were a truly objective fan, you'd be demanding the Jags throw another 10 million at Mack to make sure they land him.  Anything less than getting the guy you're targeting is utter failure.  Fire Caldwell!

That is where you have it wrong.  $1 or $2 million more would have been suffice just to make them think twice.  Even though we still wouldn't have gotten him that doesn't matter because he has to make up some scenario to complain. 

Quote:I'm happy Caldwell actually targeted the right guy, but apparently the effort wasn't all that good if Cleveland matched the deal within a lunch break. Some times you need perspective to gauge the effort, and we just got ours via Cleveland's quick actions. 

I can't believe you weren't consulted first.

JAGS: 42 million, BROWNS: 43 million, JAGS: 1 BILLION TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Well that was anti-climactic.

I'd rather that then wait till Tuesday and find out we didn't get him.  This damn thread would have been 150 pages and most of it TMD whining about something.  

Quote:I'd rather that then wait till Tuesday and find out we didn't get him.  This damn thread would have been 150 pages and most of it TMD whining about something.  

So good it woulda gotten an Oprah seal..