Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which one?
Elite Pass Rusher
Blank #2
Corn
Elite Wide Receiver
[Show Results]

Elite Pass Rusher or Elite Wide Receiver?

Quote:Watt is the most valuable non franchise QB in the league right now...and it isn't particularly close.

....and it isn't particularly close? I wouldn't go that far. What would you consider more valuable? A sack or a TD grab? Johnson averages 9.5 TD per year. Watt averages 12.25 sacks per year. Watt's pressure makes those around him better but the same applies to Johnson. He garners extra attention opening up things for his other receivers. I think it's a close call. A very close call.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Watt is the most valuable non franchise QB in the league right now...and it isn't particularly close.
When did Watt become a QB?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Yea you're right! Who needs those dumb QB's like Brady, Manning, Rodgers or heck.... Even Elway! Stupid Elite QB's always taking you to the playoffs and giving you a chance to win the SB.

You are right, but Brady couldn't beat the Giants pass rush, Manning couldn't beat the Seahawks. The Hawks, and Giants both had above average QB's themselves.

Possibly TTR isn't adjusting for the lack of an elite QB on our team? An elite QB can make non-elite receivers elite. IMO In order of these three, we need elite QB, elite pass rusher, lastly an elite receiver. There was no option for the elite QB in the poll.

Quote:When did Watt become a QB?

I think you need to re-read what you quoted.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I think you need to re-read what you quoted.
No need, I understood it perfectly the first time around.  Where did I lose you, the humor or the grammar? 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Pass rusher, without hesitation.

If by Pass Rusher you mean Corn, then you and I are sharing a brain my friend.

If it comes down to Watkins versus Mack, you take Watkins.  IF Blackmon comes back, you've got one of the deepest, most talented WR corps in the NFL, Blackmon, Watkins, Shorts, Sanders, Brown - that is as good as any in the league...

We added Clemons to improve the pass rush, and hopefully Branch continues to progress.  

I think Adams/Latimer/Banjamen/ODB arent THAT far behind Watkins. So id prefer Mack/tradeback and then one of those options. 

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2014, 04:37 PM by QFFL.)

The team have too many holes to fill. WR is not the top need, although Blackmon is huge question mark. Without a franchise QB in place, I feel the team could wait on WR, fill other needs or trade down for more picks.

Trade back is the best option. 

Pass rusher

If the Jaguars drafted Johnny Football, Clowney, Robinson, or Sammy Watkins whom would you be the most excited to see out of those guys?

Quote:If the Jaguars drafted Johnny Football, Clowney, Robinson, or Sammy Watkins whom would you be the most excited to see out of those guys?

Probobly Johnny

What I think people aren't realizing is just how deep this draft is at Wide receiver. Sammy Watkins is a beast. He's gonna be a star but there are so many WR in this class that can/will be good we could find another number 1 later. I'd take an elite rusher over Sammy, IN THIS DRAFT, any day  

Quote:Which position do you believe to be more important/impactful?

After suffering through 8+ years of deficiency at those positions, I figured our experience,or lack thereof, could make for a nice debate.

I pick pass rusher because unlike receiver that is dependant on someone else's assistance, the difference between an above average receiver and a great one isn't as great as the difference between an above average pass rusher and his great counterpart.

Great receiver=~1300 yds, 12 tds

Above average receiver=~900, 6 tds

Great pass rusher=~15 sacks

Above average pass rusher=~8 sacks
Great players are measured by much more than their stats. Great WRs make RBs get more holes, QBs look better due to confidence, other WRs get more yards, etc. A great pass rusher will destroy an opposing QB that is not mobile, and make mobile QBs worse. You will get guys with happy feet throwing the ball early, running out of the pocket discarding half the field for no reason, or remove a TE or RB from running a route, and probably causes a dozen turnovers between sackfumbles and forced ints that wouldn't otherwise happen.

Essentially a WRs presence covers about halfish of the field. A DE, by affecting the opposing QB who controls the entire field, affects the entire field. I would go DE.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:Which position do you believe to be more important/impactful?

After suffering through 8+ years of deficiency at those positions, I figured our experience,or lack thereof, could make for a nice debate.

I pick pass rusher because unlike receiver that is dependant on someone else's assistance, the difference between an above average receiver and a great one isn't as great as the difference between an above average pass rusher and his great counterpart.

Great receiver=~1300 yds, 12 tds

Above average receiver=~900, 6 tds

Great pass rusher=~15 sacks

Above average pass rusher=~8 sacks

Personally..I think Clowney is gone.  So if this is a Mack vs. Watkins debate, I would take Mack.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Why not both?  It's a deep draft.

What if the Jaguars draft Clowney or Mack at #3 and then still are lucky enough to draft Bridgewater in round 2... what seemed unlikely a month ago is now possible in some mock drafts...

A great Defense always takes care of a great Offense.

You've got a defensive minded head coach who wants to build a defense similar to what he coached in Seattle.  If it's a choice between a receiver and a pass rush stud, I'm pretty sure Gus would call for more defense.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]