Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Quote:Nice pitching duel in Atlanta tonight. Fernandez was great again, 3 hits given up, 14 Ks, Alex Wood rings up 11 Ks. Good baseball.
Oh it's great baseball.  Except when you are going up against the guy who has Fernandez on his fantasy team. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Oh it's great baseball.  Except when you are going up against the guy who has Fernandez on his fantasy team. 

:whistling: 

me happy about that

Quote:Nice pitching duel in Atlanta tonight. Fernandez was great again, 3 hits given up, 14 Ks, Alex Wood rings up 11 Ks. Good baseball.

Alex Wood deserved better. That guy is now saddled with a 2-3 record, despite some of the best perifrial (sp?) total numbers from a starting pitcher in the league so far in 2014.  

Definitely have to give a Big Happy Birthday to Wrigley Field as it turns 100 today..

An iconic ballpark rich in history, but also sadness.. 

As part of a lifelong BoSox community, I will say that we felt your pain, over and over again.. Love our recent Championships, (and finally forgiven Buckner). But I will say "stay strong". If my BoSox can't win it all, I'm definitely pulling for the Cubbies.. 

Maybe one day too, you guys can forgive Bartman.. 

[Image: 33uy4ol.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Watching the Rays at the White Sox.  It's downright cold up there and almost the beginning of May.  Gawd I love living in Florida.

Haven't read this thread, nor have I watched much MLB. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

So, being born in Philly, I watched many of games as a little one with my parents. They were at the game in which the phillies won the World Series in the 80's before I was born. I think it was a year or so I was born. Anyways, I'm a philly fan. But, moving to Chicago in the 4th grade I also like the cubs. Why? Idk, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. Well, it's been a while since I've watched MLB. The other day I catch a cubs game after work. I'm wTching, watching, and about to fall asleep. It just happened to be the game that was at wrigley on its 100th anniversary!!! Well, at the bottom of the 9th I changed the channel. The cubs were up 5-3 or 2(I don't remember). Later on I watched "The Colbert Report" who had some dude on as his guest that wrote a book about wrigley a 100 yeRs. Colbert made a joke about the cubs never winning. I, in the back of my head was thinking, well, they won today! Well, nope, found out they lost it on the bottom of the 9th!! Good lord they suck!!!

Quote:Haven't read this thread, nor have I watched much MLB. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

So, being born in Philly, I watched many of games as a little one with my parents. They were at the game in which the phillies won the World Series in the 80's before I was born. I think it was a year or so I was born. Anyways, I'm a philly fan. But, moving to Chicago in the 4th grade I also like the cubs. Why? Idk, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. Well, it's been a while since I've watched MLB. The other day I catch a cubs game after work. I'm wTching, watching, and about to fall asleep. It just happened to be the game that was at wrigley on its 100th anniversary!!! Well, at the bottom of the 9th I changed the channel. The cubs were up 5-3 or 2(I don't remember). Later on I watched "The Colbert Report" who had some dude on as his guest that wrote a book about wrigley a 100 yeRs. Colbert made a joke about the cubs never winning. I, in the back of my head was thinking, well, they won today! Well, nope, found out they lost it on the bottom of the 9th!! Good lord they suck!!!

[Image: 25z34pl.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 10:11 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:[Image: 25z34pl.jpg]
That's not right winger dinger. You and I, we Cool! Leave my cubbies alone.

You can pick on my Phil's, cause they better.

Is it wrong I like two NL teams?

Back over .500!

The Rays are still in the basement but only a few games seperate every team in the East.

The injuries to the pitching staff have been killer. Matt Moore done for the year. Cobb and Hellickson out. If they can stay at least around .500 going into June, I feel good about our chances.

;

;

Go Marlins

Quote:Go Marlins
Hooked one yesterday, but it got away. Not today though. Took 2/3 this weekend. Let's go Mets!

Quote:The Rays are still in the basement but only a few games seperate every team in the East.

The injuries to the pitching staff have been killer. Matt Moore done for the year. Cobb and Hellickson out. If they can stay at least around .500 going into June, I feel good about our chances.

and what the hell is up with Wil Myers? 

I expected a big year. Hopefully he gets it going soon. 

Go Braves.

Quote:The Rays are still in the basement but only a few games seperate every team in the East.

Well, you have to be impressed with series wins on the road in Boston and New York.  Not bad, considering the injuries you mentioned, and the recent strain on the bullpen.  They get a much needed day off, then face Baltimore at home.  

Alex Wood.....I don't understand this guy, had great numbers in the minors, albeit wasn't there long....

Why isn't he seen as a top prospect? He's pitched well enough this season to be 6-1, despite him now owning a 2-5 record due to much lack of run support. 

Any Braves fans fill me in about this pitcher?....

Has a great K-BB ratio....but maybe he's too much in the zone, as his batting average against is above .250 

Quote:Well, you have to be impressed with series wins on the road in Boston and New York.  Not bad, considering the injuries you mentioned, and the recent strain on the bullpen.  They get a much needed day off, then face Baltimore at home.  

Definitely a great week. That doubleheader sweep at Fenway was great and then win 2 of 3 at Yankee Stadium. They are hitting better too.

;

;

Quote:Alex Wood.....I don't understand this guy, had great numbers in the minors, albeit wasn't there long....

Why isn't he seen as a top prospect? He's pitched well enough this season to be 6-1, despite him now owning a 2-5 record due to much lack of run support. 

Any Braves fans fill me in about this pitcher?....

Has a great K-BB ratio....but maybe he's too much in the zone, as his batting average against is above .250 

I don't know what you've been reading, but he's in the starting rotation. That's where top prospects end up, right?

You are correct in that he should be 6-1.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I don't know what you've been reading, but he's in the starting rotation. That's where top prospects end up, right?

You are correct in that he should be 6-1.

Yeah, and I read a few days ago that his spot isn't secure with Gavin Floyd of all people, returning. Initially Gavin is going to take the long relief role, but they made it sound as if Wood has one more bad outing, he could lose his rotation spot to Floyd. 

It has nothing to do with the bad outing he had in Miami. They need a lefty in the bullpen. Avilan is struggling, they just sent Thomas to AAA and Venters isn't back yet. Gavin Floyd has never been a middle reliever, either.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]