Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Hurdle in the trash ???    After 20 years of losing, he and Cutch are the 2 most critical elements on this team.  Volquez had an ERA of 1.35 over the past few months.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes. a classic.

D6- same with the Red Sox trade...the A's got Lester and Gomes for Cespedes. Lester is a FA now and Gomes is just a guy. They have nothing to show for that either except for the Wildcard Game appearance.

Be great to see one of these teams land a WS title for their fans: Detroit-KC-Baltimore-Pittsburgh-Washington.

Well said,  PF!

Much more often than not,  teams that trade one or more top prospects during the season to attempt to make a playoff run,   end up on the short end of the stick.  

I'm impressed with the way Cubs executive Theo Epstein is taking advantage of these type of trade opportunities.   While it's far from a given that Epstein will have the success in Chicago that he had in Boston,   the Cubs long term future looks brighter than it has in a long time. 

Quote:The A's couldnt hit before the trade, and getting rid of Cespedes killed them. Im surprised they still managed to make the WC.

If it wasnt for Seattle blowing it in their next to last series against the Blue Jays, Oakland isnt even in the playoffs. 

Very good points.

Moving forward,   the ramifications of the trades the A's made with the Cubs and Red Sox will be felt that much more by the team.   The A's evaluate talent well for the most part and have put together many good teams for a long time.    Yet,  this season,   they got off track.   The trade with the Cubs was questionable enough.  Then trading one of your most talented major league position players is head scratching.    Anything less than a World Series appearance for the A's once they made the two trades became a failure for them.

CRUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!!!

WE WON'T STOP!!!!!!!

Give me a Orioles/Royals vs Nationals series and I'll be a happy man.  

No Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals or Tigers.  Angels I'm in different about.  It's just nice to see new faces and teams get a championship.

Quote:WE'LL STOP TOMORROW!!!

FIFY.

The announcers do not want KC to win this game. Annoying listening to a biased broadcast from a national broadcast station.

I felt it was biased too, not too bad but I did pick up on it.

Go Royals and O's, those fans deserve it.

Remember when the Royals were the best- Willie Wilson, Frank White, Amos Otis, John Mayberry, George Brett, Freddie Patek, Darrel Porter, Hal McRae, even Bo Knows. Leonard, Danny Jackson, Quiz, Saberhagen, Splittorff, etc. Great teams...

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Willie Wilson was the man. Very underrated player in his day. Probably because of Rickey Henderson.

;

;

Son of a *****.

All goes back to the horrific Fister trade.

Keep him, no need for Price, and you keep Smyly in the pen and Jackson in CF.

window is closing for Detroit

Quote:All goes back to the horrific Fister trade.

Keep him, no need for Price, and you keep Smyly in the pen and Jackson in CF.

window is closing for Detroit

That trade blew.

Ausmus sucks, too.

How devastating will it be knowing you were up 2-0 and then dropped 3 straight to be eliminated??

:woot:

j/k, obviously. Tigers bullpen couldn't put up 0's if they were pitching to manikins. Also, Nelson Cruz helped win me my fantasy league, so I'll always be grateful for though.

Bryce Harper just destroyed a ball for a solo home run.  I think that thing ended up in the 3rd level upper deck.  Puts Washington on the board now but still 3-1 Giants.

It was pretty neat to see that Nationals crowd erupt on that home run.  The crowd has been great in what I've seen thus far.

I love playoff baseball.

Another solo shot for the Nats!

SF-WAS... I wish both teams would lose that series :down:

I didn't understand trading away Austin Jackson, also the A's trading Cespedes was equally mystifying.

Making plans for the Orioles parade now.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile