Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Raise The Jolly Roger! Pirates take 5 of their last 6!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sucks that the one year it looks like we will be competitive and compete for a playoff spot, our ace goes down with Tommy John. I really hope this isn't another Josh Johnson situation. I would be completely heartbroken if he didn't come back the same pitcher.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

O's took two out of four from Cleveland and then pull out a 10th inning win vs the Crew. Just need to hang around 0.500 while the Red Sox continue to implode.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Strasburg

6 IP

9 Ks

0 Earned Runs

6 Hits

1 BB

Ace.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014, 09:30 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Alvarez pitched a gem tonight. GC shutout with a 1-0 win. I'll take that any day! Back to two games games over .500 and going for the sweep of the Rays tomorrow!

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 01:09 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Strasburg

6 IP

9 Ks

0 Earned Runs

6 Hits

1 BB

Ace.

Bout time he had a game like this. 

And tbh, its not even all that great. The above type game happens just about any given night by any given pitcher.

I mean, were not talking a CG, 3 hit, no walk, shutout here.  

The above is 6 IP, and a WHIP of 1.15 or something....

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 02:04 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

TMD....

I'm still waiting on your top 10 pitchers. Still thinking? Don't even know 10 Starting Pitchers?

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 03:04 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Jon Singleton, ex Phillies product, HR in first game tonight. Typical Amaro bad trade. 

Its ridiculous how far they have fallen since 2008. That team was stacked. Their farm system was stacked....

Now they are old, the farm system is largely barren and the Park is increasingly empty. 

Also, what are people's opinions on the Ray's/ Sox recent scuffle??

I thought the umpire crew handled it wrong when they gave warnings immediately after Price hit Papi. It gave the Sox no opportunity to get back at the Ray's without being thrown out, which just escalated things. 

Mike Trout had to leave the game tonight with recurring back issues....might need a DL stint. Surprised he's not on my fantasy teams...with my luck. 

Quote:TMD....

I'm still waiting on your top 10 pitchers. Still thinking? Don't even know 10 Starting Pitchers?

lol what a cLoWn....

I already gave my pitchers who were Ace's in my opinion....I don't even remember you asking for my top 10 pitcher list. 

in no particular order

Fernandez
Cueto
Hernandez
Wainwright
Kershaw
Tanaka
Harvey
Bumgarner
Darvish (he's actually better numbers than I initially thought)
Sale (hated putting him here, but he's probably deserving)

Yep, Lester, Strasburg and Scherzer would all be outside my top 10 at this point.....and Michael Wacha would be ahead of all 3 of those. 

LOL........ at first I thought you just had a bad opinion of Strasburg because of where you live and being a Phillies fan. Now I'm aware that you are just an idiot when it comes to baseball.

You are leaving Max Scherzer out of your top 10 because of three bad games? lol........ No really, anybody that doesn't consider Scherzer a top 10 pitcher is wasting my time when it comes to baseball discussion.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 06:01 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:LOL........ at first I thought you just had a bad opinion of Strasburg because of where you live and being a Phillies fan. Now I'm aware that you are just an idiot when it comes to baseball.

You are leaving Max Scherzer out of your top 10 because of three bad games? lol........ No really, anybody that doesn't consider Scherzer a top 10 pitcher is wasting my time when it comes to baseball discussion.

Who does Strasburg or Scherzer bump off that top 10 cLoWn?

And you can call me an idiot in baseball all you want....as I just keep on winning my leagues. 

You're just a cLoWn who is a slave to the BIG NAME

LOL. You honestly believe that Scherzer isn't a top 10 pitcher? The guy, just one year ago, finished the season with 240K in 214.1 innings, went 21-3 (you love wins), had a 0.97 WHIP. This year, his numbers were elite (again) up until a few shaky starts recently. By the end of the season, Scherzer will once again have elite numbers and you want to know why? Because he is a top 10 pitcher. You are a sucker for small sample sizes. I'm surprised you didn't list Tim Hudson as a top 10 pitcher, clueless fool.

I highly doubt you are winning any fantasy baseball leagues that have competent players (ie. Money leagues) if you don't even consider Victor Martinez with an ADP in the 130s a draft day steal. Learn baseball before you try to understand fantasy baseball.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 07:55 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:LOL. You honestly believe that Scherzer isn't a top 10 pitcher? The guy, just one year ago, finished the season with 240K in 214.1 innings, went 21-3 (you love wins), had a 0.97 WHIP. This year, his numbers were elite (again) up until a few shaky starts recently. By the end of the season, Scherzer will once again have elite numbers and you want to know why? Because he is a top 10 pitcher. You are a sucker for small sample sizes. I'm surprised you didn't list Tim Hudson as a top 10 pitcher, clueless fool.

As far as Scherzer goes, sure last year was awesome. But he's had a whole career of mediocre before that. Now I know you are the kid from the short bus that likes shiny things and is easily distracted, but I am not. I'll give more credit to a guy like Fernandez or Harvey, who in their short sample size have been dominant, but don't also have a whole lot of mediocre to also go along. 

If Scherzer by seasons end has another season thats really good, perhaps I'll have to look into the rankings for next year. As of right now, today....he's not in my top 10. 

Tim Hudson?....you're a jack [BAD WORD REMOVED]. 

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 08:08 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I highly doubt you are winning any fantasy baseball leagues that have competent players (ie. Money leagues) if you don't even consider Victor Martinez with an ADP in the 130s a draft day steal. Learn baseball before you try to understand fantasy baseball.

Hahahahahahhahhahaha!!!

I'm seriously enjoying this ignorance. 

I'd wipe the floor with the likes of you in any league. You talk loud but carry a twig. 

If you consider Victor Martinez' start this year anything but lucky (for you) then you're delusional. He's 35 years old. I guess you're also dumb enough to believe that he'll keep up these ratio's for the entire season and end up with 42 HR even though the most he's ever had was 25. 

I don't consider Martinez a "steal" because I don't see it continuing. I see a massive leveling out of his numbers to his career norm's by seasons end. 

You are a circus cLoWn. 

Where do you see Victor Martinez numbers end of season?

25 HR .320 sound fair? That is a steal for guys getting drafted in the 12th round. Also, which of his peripherals do you think point to huge regression? I don't think he is to hit 40 homer HRs, but the guy is a good hitter and can very well win the AL batting title. Steal.

Also, are you implying Scherzer's season was a fluke? Scherzer had all the tools to be an ace and finally put it all together last season. This season he started off equally as dominant and a couple bad games isn't going to change that. Going forward, there is no way there are 10 better pitchers in baseball this season.

By the way, Stras with another solid outing. Man you need to figure this sport out, I feel bad for you..

Quote:By the way, Stras with another solid outing. Man you need to figure this sport out, I feel bad for you..

lol....yeah, against the Phillies....who are reeling....who were SHUT OUT by Zimmermann, another Nats pitcher last night...Stras wound up giving up 4 runs (only 2 earned of course)...

I guess using your logic ZOMG!!!!!! ZIMMERMANNISTEHACEZ!!! Laughing  

Quote:Where do you see Victor Martinez numbers end of season?

25 HR .320 sound fair? That is a steal for guys getting drafted in the 12th round. Also, which of his peripherals do you think point to huge regression? I don't think he is to hit 40 homer HRs, but the guy is a good hitter and can very well win the AL batting title. Steal.

Right now Martinez is providing 2nd/ 3rd round value. By seasons end, he'll have leveled out to no better than 8th or 9th round value you watch. Last year he ended the season at 11th round value. The old man will slow down. its coming. If you were actually as baseball smart as you think you are, you'd sell him high right now, but you won't, since you're delusional, and think it will last all season. 

TMD, lets make a bet. I bet Martinez finishes in the top 72 on ESPNs player rater. That is top 6 round value in 12 team leagues.

Put your pride where your mouth is.