Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

EE is 2nd in baseball in HRs with 20.

EE is 3rd in baseball in RBIs with 54.

You think that dropping him for nothing was a good idea. Wallbash

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:EE is 2nd in baseball in HRs with 20.

EE is 3rd in baseball in RBIs with 54.

You think that dropping him for nothing was a good idea. Wallbash
Again, when did I ever say it was a good idea? You came up with that, and you keep running with that. Why can't you answer questions posed? It seems to be a pattern.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Are you honestly trying to justify ropping EE? Even with his cold April and June, he still has still put up top 20 numbers and is on pace for 35+ and 100+. The dude was a 1st round pick for a reason.

You. Dropped. Him. For. Nothing.
Not trying to justify anything. If I went back to when I dropped him I would do differently. He has significantly cooled off.

The method to my madness is working though, so there's that.

;

What question have you posed to me?

It was a stupid move and you threw away value. Admit it and move on.

Hail on the real...

What's up with Verlander? 

He is killing me right now.  And besides he is one of my favorite players.  Would love to see him do good. 

Quote:Hail on the real...

What's up with Verlander? 

He is killing me right now.  And besides he is one of my favorite players.  Would love to see him do good. 

It sucks to watch. Here is a nice article about him posted today:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/800...ng-worthy#!ZYGNQ

Quote:It sucks to watch. Here is a nice article about him posted today:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/800...ng-worthy#!ZYGNQ
I hope he can turn it around. Guy is a great pitcher when he is on. 

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 11:09 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:That wasn't the argument, ever. He may be on pace for that, but will it happen? Look at the last 2-3 weeks. He isn't anywhere close to that. He got hit for a bit and has since cooled off, significantly.

Quote:Again, when did I ever say it was a good idea? You came up with that, and you keep running with that. Why can't you answer questions posed? It seems to be a pattern.

Quote:What question have you posed to me?

It was a stupid move and you threw away value. Admit it and move on.
You have selective reading of posts and making stuff up seems to me.

;

Quote:You have selective reading of posts and making stuff up seems to me.

I've suffered the same fate when arguing with him.

Max Scherzer getting roughed up again. 

Tough outing for Scherzer.

Vmart continuing to not suck, though. Good thing we only bet on vmart and not Scherzer.

Scherzer really has had only one elite year (2013)

He had an elite K total in 2012, but the rest of his peripherals were closer to average that year. All of his remaining  seasons were nothing special. 

Quote:Max Scherzer getting roughed up again. 
I have him in my other league. Thinking about pulling the plug. He feasted on some weaker competition earlier in the season.

;

Quote:Scherzer really has had only one elite year (2013)

He had an elite K total in 2012, but the rest of his peripherals were closer to average that year. All of his remaining  seasons were nothing special. 

Yup, but he has always had elite talent. Last year he finally put everything together and dominated. This year, hopefully he can get it together.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:I have him in my other league. Thinking about pulling the plug. He feasted on some weaker competition earlier in the season.

Scherzer still has plenty of trade value. He is still considered a top 10 fantasy pitcher by any site that does updated rankings. If you don't think he will pitch at that level, you can trade him to someone who does. The guy is playing for a contract on a playoff-chasing team and to me that has HOLD written all over it. A big 2nd half could be in store.

Also, 4 of Scherzers first 6 starts were against top 10 offenses (LA Angels, LA Dodgers, ChiSox). In those 4 games he gave up 5 runs while striking out 34 in 26 innings. He feasted, but not just on "weaker competition". Also, Scherzer was absolutely dominant in the playoffs last season.

Once again, Strasburg shows that he's not an ace. 

Quote:Once again, Strasburg shows that he's not an ace. 

Bumping this thread on a day VMart hits another HR? That's ballsy of you. Good thing we didn't bet on Scherzer or Strasburg, eh? You thought VMart would finish outside of the top 72..... lol.

Quote:.305

72 R

24 HR

82 RBI

2 SB

...and the above projection is with zero time on the DL. 

These are honestly your no DL stats? He could hit these stats in 500 ABs. Without a DL stint, he should get 600 ABs this year. If you think those are his stats in 600 ABs, then you are an absolute buffoon.

Quote:Bumping this thread on a day VMart hits another HR? That's ballsy of you. Good thing we didn't bet on Scherzer or Strasburg, eh? You thought VMart would finish outside of the top 72..... lol.

<i>Juicin'</i>

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014, 10:15 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

"I was wrong, so he must be on steroids!!!"............ :teehee:

Or maybe now that he is a full time DH (rather than playing the most grueling position in sports) and a year removed from knee surgery, he is finally able to reach his max-potential as a hitter. Seems plausible to me and every credible sportswriter out there.