Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

The All-Star game, HR Derby does nothing for me. I am ready for the second half to get rollin!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The All-Star game, HR Derby does nothing for me. I am ready for the second half to get rollin!

I've been looking at my fantasy team for about a month.  I'm ready to sneak in the playoffs.

Quote:I've been looking at my fantasy team for about a month.  I'm ready to sneak in the playoffs.
Told ya there was a shot. Still have time.

;

Quote:The All-Star game, HR Derby does nothing for me. I am ready for the second half to get rollin!

I still love the HR derby, even though Berman is prominently involved. If they could upgrade him, it would be a fantastic show.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I still love the HR derby, even though Berman is prominently involved. If they could upgrade him, it would be a fantastic show.

Why do people not like Berman anymore?  Is his act old and stale?  I still love listening to his stuff when he's off air, the guy curses a mile a minute.

The homerun derby doesn't even have the best homerun hitters in it....its like the dunk competition now.

Even though I have the MLB package for the 6th year in a row.  I've come to realize I watched more soccer this year than baseball.  :mellow:

For some reason, I just can't get into baseball this year.  I'd think, as a Pirates fan, my interest would be growing (after suffering for 20 years).

Quote:I still love the HR derby, even though Berman is prominently involved. If they could upgrade him, it would be a fantastic show.
And he has been doing it for such a long time. I forgot he even did it anymore.

;

Quote:I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off.

Quote:They already have. Their starting pitchers aren't all that good. Peralta and Lohse aren't horrible but they really aren't number 1's. Garza is about as inconsistent as you can get and Estrada just got pulled from the rotation.

I just don't see them having the hosses to sustain.

Was about to say the same thing. Their pitching isn't good enough. 

The All-Star game was great with a lot of great moments throughout. I love that the game means something, but I don't think it should decide something as important as home field advantage for the World Series.

Quote:The All-Star game was great with a lot of great moments throughout. I love that the game means something, but I don't think it should decide something as important as home field advantage for the World Series.
Not at all, that was a dumb rule when implemented. Good intentions though.

;

Quote:The 5 hole is open in that Tigers lineup, tho.....he might be able to snag it permanently. 

His K to walk ratio is horrible, but thats been the case for some HR hitters in the past, i.e. Dunn/ Howard/ etc etc...

Good call on this one, TMD. I'm glad I'm wrong here.

Raise The Jolly Roger!
;

Bye, Dan.

It's gotta hurt when your team releases you and is willing to eat $20 million to do it.

Well, it would hurt except for that $20 million.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Bye, Dan.

It's gotta hurt when your team releases you and is willing to eat $20 million to do it.

Well, it would hurt except for that $20 million.

I remember when he was brought up from the minors and made a big splash with the Marlins.  Man, what happened to him?

Raise The Jolly Roger!
;

Quote:Good call on this one, TMD. I'm glad I'm wrong here.

lol....I added him to my fantasy team after asking you, anyway. 

I wish I would have. My tout (Mookie Betts) has disappointed so far. I blame knucklehead coaching more than Betts' talent level itself. Why bring up an elite prospect to bench him half the games? Let the kid continue to get full time at bats in AA/AAA rather than stunt progression in the bigs.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2014, 11:33 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I wish I would have. My tout (Mookie Betts) has disappointed so far. I blame knucklehead coaching more than Betts' talent level itself. Why bring up an elite prospect to bench him half the games? Let the kid continue to get full time at bats in AA/AAA rather than stunt progression in the bigs.

I actually agree 100% with this. Farrell didn't give Betts much of a chance to have success. Burying a guy like that in the lineup is at 8 or 9 is stupid too. Betts should have been playing everyday and batting 1 or 2 with his speed. The idiot used the excuse of not wanting to put pressure on the kid, but the kid is used to batting at the top of the lineup, playing everyday and being a table setter. More pressure was put on the kid handling it the way Farrell did as Betts knew he'd have a harder time producing and sticking around. Its almost as if Farrell didn't want him to succeed, because had Betts done well, Victorino would have had to take a permanent seat and I don't think Farrell wanted that. Farrell also seems to have an issue with speed guys at the top of his lineup - he mismanaged the same way in Toronto when he had Rajai Davis and refused to put him at the top 1-2 spots of the order there as well. 

Spot on, TMD.

SWEEP! Raise The Jolly Roger!
;