Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Quote:3 weeks at the very least.

...time for Polanco to finally start living up to the hype after a somewhat disappointing start. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The fine is worse for hitting a QB then it is for hitting your wife....

That was good !!!

Quote:...time for Polanco to finally start living up to the hype after a somewhat disappointing start. 

Dude reminds me so much of Barry Bonds as a Pirate .... the pre-Roid Bonds.... before his head grew 4 sizes.

Quote:...time for Polanco to finally start living up to the hype after a somewhat disappointing start. 

Javier Baez was just called up by the Cubbies.  Watch out for him next year.

Quote:Dude reminds me so much of Barry Bonds as a Pirate .... the pre-Roid Bonds.... before his head grew 4 sizes.

Why?

Bonds was considered an elite outfielder (8 gold gloves) while that is one of Polanco's weaknesses. Polanco also doesn't possess nearly as much power as pre-roid Bonds. As a 22 year old, Bonds hit 34 doubles, 9 triples, and 25 HRs. Polanco is at 5 doubles, 0 triples, and 5 HRs.

Don't get me wrong, Polanco is an elite prospect with a great future, but Bonds was one of the best players of all time. Even pre-roid.

Quote:Javier Baez was just called up by the Cubbies.  Watch out for him next year.

But at which position? Left field?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:But at which position? Left field?

2B

Quote:Maybe I was just looking into the future. Seriously though, big series for the O's starting tonight in Toronto.

Nice start to that series.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:2B

I bet he eventually moves to the outfield. I don't see him as a middle infielder; certainly not a major league shortstop.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I bet he eventually moves to the outfield. I don't see him as a middle infielder; certainly not a major league shortstop.

I can see him playing 3B or 2B.

Quote:I bet he eventually moves to the outfield. I don't see him as a middle infielder; certainly not a major league shortstop.

I don't see him moving to the OF anytime soon. 

He'll be a MI and any move to the OF will be later in his career. 

Quote:I can see him playing 3B or 2B.
Probably 2B. 3B is gonna be occupied by Kris Bryant for a long time.

Quote:Probably 2B. 3B is gonna be occupied by Kris Bryant for a long time.

I actually heard/ read recently that Chicago has had discussions about possibly moving Bryant to the OF over concerns about his size being detrimental for the 3B position and what it calls for. They are not sure that he'll ever be able to field the position at a level they would be happy with. 

Quote:Probably 2B. 3B is gonna be occupied by Kris Bryant for a long time.

Yes, probably. I think Baez is more likely to play 2B/3B than he is to play OF, though.

Quote:I actually heard/ read recently that Chicago has had discussions about possibly moving Bryant to the OF over concerns about his size being detrimental for the 3B position and what it calls for. They are not sure that he'll ever be able to field the position at a level they would be happy with. 

Any idea where you read or heard that from?  Not doubting you, just a Cubs fan that hadn't heard that before and would be interested in reading about it if it's online somewhere.  

6 consecutive series wins for the O's. Let's make it lucky #7 with the Cardinals coming to town.

Raise it!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:6 consecutive series wins for the O's. Let's make it lucky #7 with the Cardinals coming to town.

Still can't quite figure out how they are sustaining success with that bullpen, but I'm happy the bats are working. I was a bit scared of the Toronto series but they pulled it out.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:6 consecutive series wins for the O's. Let's make it lucky #7 with the Cardinals coming to town.
Please do

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Please do

Agreed.