Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 06:37 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:"I don't think Milwaukee is going to fall off." - hailtoyourvictor

"They already have." - Rico

My definition of "falling off" was that they will stay in contention for a playoff spot. I never considered they would compete for the NL pennant because they aren't that good of a team. They are a .500 team that played out of minds to start the season and only needed to play .500 ball in the 2nd half to keep from "falling off".

They had a very cold stretch, but they haven't "fallen off".
I am not sure how any saw "Falling off" in the Brewers state at the time and think that playoff spots were being talked about. Anyone in their right mind would look at the season to that point and the 2-3 weeks before and see what was happening and see that they had "fallen off". Based on their start and what was occuring at the time, they "Fell off" without question.

You argued for the sake of arguing and spun it to fit your narrative.

They have "Fallen off" again, 10 L's in a row.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My Tigers need to take the division already!

Quote:I am not sure how any saw "Falling off" in the Brewers state at the time and think that playoff spots were being talked about. Anyone in their right mind would look at the season to that point and the 2-3 weeks before and see what was happening and see that they had "fallen off". Based on their start and what was occuring at the time, they "Fell off" without question.

You argued for the sake of arguing and spun it to fit your narrative.

They have "Fallen off" again, 10 L's in a row.

If you would have told me that they would lose their All-Star CF/Best Player down the stretch I would have predicted them to completely fall off too.

Quote:If you would have told me that they would lose their All-Star CF/Best Player down the stretch I would have predicted them to completely fall off too.
Hey, whatever allows you to put that square peg through the round hole buddy.

Unreal.

;

Don't you think losing Carlos Gomez hurt their chances at playing .500 level baseball like they had been?

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 07:31 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Don't you think losing Carlos Gomez hurt their chances at playing .500 level baseball like they had been?
It's a sport. Injuries are a part of it. You are the excuse king. But make it fit, twist it, turn it, pull it. I believe in you.

;

Brandon Beachy..... another example of my name theory at work B)

Quote:If you would have told me that they would lose their All-Star CF/Best Player down the stretch I would have predicted them to completely fall off too.

Quote:Don't you think losing Carlos Gomez hurt their chances at playing .500 level baseball like they had been?

Spin away rumpelstiltskin

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 11:14 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

How is that a spin? The Brewers lost their best player. Things changed.

I asked a simple question and you guys both deflect. Do you think losing Carlos Gomez affected the Brewers ability to play .500 level baseball?

I realize you guys aren't big baseball guys, so think about it in football terms. Say preseason you projected the...

Eagles to go 8-8, but then they lost LeSean McCoy..

or

Lions to go 8-8, but then they lose Calvin Johnson..

....would it be a "spin" to then say "well, I wasn't expecting the Eagles to lose McCoy, so now I think 6-10 or 7-9 is more likey"? ....No.

....would it be a "spin" to then say "well, I wasn't expecting the Lions to lose Calvin Johnson, so now I think 6-10 or 7-9 is more likely"? ....No.

Quote:It's a sport. Injuries are a part of it. You are the excuse king. But make it fit, twist it, turn it, pull it. I believe in you.

Ok? So I was suppose to make my prediction based on the Brewers not playing with their best player? No.....

If a player gets hurt, things change, and injuries are for the post part unpredictable.

Raise It!
;

Buck for MOY!

O's with a double digit lead in the AL East. Whodathunkit?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Marlins will win the WC.

Book it!

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Marlins will win the WC.

Book it!
They have to get there first. Two teams ahead of them.

;

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 05:54 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:They have to get there first. Two teams ahead of them.

We are just 2 games behind Milwaukee, hoping we can take this series they are on a slide right now.

Hope Cosart  can give us a good 7 innings tonight, hes only lasted about half the game for the last month or so except for the last game vs Atlanta.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:We are just 2 games behind Milwaukee, hoping we can take this series they are on a slide right now.

Hope Cosart  can give us a good 7 innings tonight, hes only lasted about half the game for the last month or so except for the last game vs Atlanta.
They'd have to jump three teams. Milwaukee, Atlanta and the Pirates. Milwaukee on a slide for sure. Pirates are 75-69, Marlins 71-72. (Pirates with a 6-3 lead in the top of the 6th in Philly as we speak too Smile )

;

Raise the Jolly Roger!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr7mQuGmp0

number down to 8.

Quote:They'd have to jump three teams. Milwaukee, Atlanta and the Pirates. Milwaukee on a slide for sure. Pirates are 75-69, Marlins 71-72. (Pirates with a 6-3 lead in the top of the 6th in Philly as we speak too Smile )

The WC is a log jam at the top.

I dont see the Giants, Braves, and Brewers hanging on, which leaves the Pirates and Fish a good chance.

I just hope Hurdle can mismanage the Pirates out of playoff contention like he did with the Rockies a few years back.