Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

K.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Congratulations to the Royals. I was at the Series in 1985 when they played the St. Louis Cardinals. I'm a long time Cardinals fan who spend a few years in K.C. in the 80's at the time when they were good. I had 4 club level season tickets which my company paid for but I was the proprietor of those tickets.

I'm pulling for them. Those fans have suffered a long time.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

That was an absolute classic. WOW.

The Royals resilience in the A.L. Wildcard Game seems like the # 1 storyline,

On the other hand,   all the A's currently have to show for their blockbuster in season trade with the Cubs is an A.L. Wildcard Game appearance.   

Yes. a classic.

D6- same with the Red Sox trade...the A's got Lester and Gomes for Cespedes. Lester is a FA now and Gomes is just a guy. They have nothing to show for that either except for the Wildcard Game appearance.

Be great to see one of these teams land a WS title for their fans: Detroit-KC-Baltimore-Pittsburgh-Washington.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014, 11:07 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Yes. a classic.

D6- same with the Red Sox trade...the A's got Lester and Gomes for Cespedes. Lester is a FA now and Gomes is just a guy. They have nothing to show for that either except for the Wildcard Game appearance.

Be great to see one of these teams land a WS title for their fans: Detroit-KC-Baltimore-Pittsburgh-Washington.

Lord knows the state of Michigan could use it. Despite having contenders in a handful of sports,,,

Michigan Basketball

Michigan St. Basketball

Michigan St. Football

Michigan Hockey

Detroit Tigers

Detroit Red Wings

...there has been a title drought. The city of Detroit is in a "rebuild" phase and a World Series title could go a long way.  

I think the city of Detroit is in a survival phase.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

What a game!! Kept me up way past my bedtime but it was worth it. Glad I had a refrigerator full of beer.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Great game.  The pitcher/batter duels were all awesome. 

I loved the textbook bunting the runner over to 2nd, then he steals 3rd, then socres on a sac fly to tie the game in the 9th. 

Classic. 

Loved that game.

You can't ask for better.

Rootin for the royals

Classic in the AL, blowout in the NL.

Unhappy Pirate today.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Condolences to Pirates fans.

I don't think I have ever seen a stadium go as silent as the Pirates' stadium did last night when Crawford hit that grand salami. Maybe TV shut off a lot of the mike feeds but it was unbelievable.

I read this morning that the GS was the first by a shortstop in post-season history. I find that hard to believe.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Well, go Royals and/or Orioles I guess.

Quote:Well, go Royals and/or Orioles I guess.

Get lost.

:verymad:

Quote:Go Orioles with all my heart.

Fixed

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 11:43 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:Lord knows the state of Michigan could use it. Despite having contenders in a handful of sports,,,

Michigan Basketball

Michigan St. Basketball

Michigan St. Football

Michigan Hockey

Detroit Tigers

Detroit Red Wings

...there has been a title drought. The city of Detroit is in a "rebuild" phase and a World Series title could go a long way.
One of my favorite bars, Slainte In Fells Point, is a Detroit Bar. Everyone I've met there has been a good fan. Great place to watch Hockey.

Quote:Get lost.

:verymad:
Hey, come on... I'm a Mets fan. I'm already used to that. Lost/losing, I mean.

Quote:Fixed
Go Team! Wooo! I love baseball!

If the Pirates are serious about contending in the future they need to throw Hurdle in the trash. Cant look no further than what happened when he was in Colorado. Thats a division you cannot underachieve in. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The Royals resilience in the A.L. Wildcard Game seems like the # 1 storyline,

On the other hand,   all the A's currently have to show for their blockbuster in season trade with the Cubs is an A.L. Wildcard Game appearance.   

The A's couldnt hit before the trade, and getting rid of Cespedes killed them. Im surprised they still managed to make the WC.

If it wasnt for Seattle blowing it in their next to last series against the Blue Jays, Oakland isnt even in the playoffs. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.