Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD Done Wrong in Jax?

Quote:The whole chip on the shoulder thing was cute at first but it's gotten quite stale.

This. Kinda liked the chip on the shoulder thing when he got drafted in the second round, but he's got several million reasons to run hard now. Personally, the only way I see him becoming the starter is with the inevitable McFadden injury that's sure to come. Dude's all used up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jax didn't do MJD wrong.. The injury bug and his additional weight did.. MJD is now officially a whiner.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

He's pathetic. He signed a deal duly offered and agreed upon then midway through it he decides to not honor what he agreed to honor. Then the team forfeits all the accumulated fines for him not showing up for training camp or preseason as he agreed to and they did him wrong! Cry me a river pal.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

If he feels like he's been done wrong and wants to use that as motivation, let him feel that way.

It's not hurting anyone or hindering what the Jaguars are trying to accomplish.
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

I still like the way he plays football. He just says some stupid things sometimes.

Quote:If he feels like he's been done wrong and wants to use that as motivation, let him feel that way.

Feeling it is fine...saying it makes him look like a walking feminine hygiene product.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I kind of expected him to say something like this .... its not like he is going to come out and say "I'm old with a lot of miles, overpaid, lost more than a step and don't belong in the plans of a rebuilding team especially after my injuries and overpriced cap number"

I still hope he retires a jag

Quote:I mean, he's kidding, right? He couldn't be that selfish and petty, could he??? Great player, great for Jacksonville (when he wasn't crying about his contract), but he's not even half the man Freddy T is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nt-3267525
Goodbye and good riddance.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:If he feels like he's been done wrong and wants to use that as motivation, let him feel that way.

This. People worry to much about what players say and do.

I'm not so certain we have enough facts to determine if Maurice was, or wasn't done wrong by the Jaguars. Could have Smith, Del Rio, or maybe Mularkey made some form of commitment to MJD that got lost in the wash? I doubt that would be true, but none of us have the inside story on the relationships, or inner workings of the events that led us the Jaguars to the point of not even giving Jones-Drew an offer.

He looked a little more round last season. I didn't notice a lack of power so much as a lack of zip hitting the few openings available. MJD won a rushing title behind a so-so offensive line ... Maybe 2 other RB's could have topped 1,000 yards behind the Jaguars line last season.

AD, and Shady?

I admit that I may be a bit biased, though. I wish him nothing but the best.

Quote:Feeling it is fine...saying it makes him look like a walking feminine hygiene product.

OUCH...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2014, 07:49 PM by NH3.)

Quote:I'm not so certain we have enough facts to determine if Maurice was, or wasn't done wrong by the Jaguars. Could have Smith, Del Rio, or maybe Mularkey made some form of commitment to MJD that got lost in the wash? I doubt that would be true, but none of us have the inside story on the relationships, or inner workings of the events that led <del>us</del> the Jaguars to the point of not even giving Jones-Drew an offer.

He looked a little more round last season. I didn't notice a lack of power so much as a lack of zip hitting the few openings available. MJD won a rushing title behind a so-so offensive line ... Maybe 2 other RB's could have topped 1,000 yards behind the Jaguars line last season.

AD, and Shady?

I admit that I may be a bit biased, though. I wish him nothing but the best.
I too am biast and MJD was informed that he'd be extended contract wise by Gene. Well Gene is no longer our GM. MOJO played his cards and lost sort of speaking. His holdout and injuries were his dagger w/respect to the Jaguars. He could've remained an Jaguar if he desired...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:OUCH...

NH3...
Almost. You forgot the "d" and ending it with an "e"

MJD has always wanted to get back to the left coast to play. This is just something else for him to complain about and say he was wronged. Good luck in Oakland.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:He's pathetic. He signed a deal duly offered and agreed upon then midway through it he decides to not honor what he agreed to honor. Then the team forfeits all the accumulated fines for him not showing up for training camp or preseason as he agreed to and they did him wrong! Cry me a river pal.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
NFL teams almost never honor contracts to the players, So whats your point? I could care less how MJD feels but to use the bolded. No. 

Quote:NFL teams almost never honor contracts to the players, So whats your point? I could care less how MJD feels but to use the bolded. No.

The only thing guaranteed in the contract is the guaranteed money. The length of employment is not promised, so technically they do honor the contract