Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eagles cut Desean Jackson

Quote:Blackmon back? I wouldnt count on it.

Caldwell calls him a luxary.  I call him the last piece of the puzzle.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

GET IT DONE GENE!! DAVE!!!

[Image: 33yq44j.gif]

Keep in touch on Facebook: WE ARE JAGUARS

Until I hear Blackmon isn't coming back, he's coming back.
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Caldwell calls him a luxary.  I call him the last piece of the puzzle.   

Me too. 

The opinions that want Blackmon outta here are clown opinions. 

Quote:Me too. 

The opinions that want Blackmon outta here are clown opinions. 

Never said I wanted him "outta here". Just would not bank on him being back.

;

;

Quote:You and a few others don't want him back, do you? 

The "cut your nose to spite your face" crowd.... 

That'll show 'im, right, J2DD!!!

What are you talking about?

;

;

Don't think the gang ties are true. Chip Kelly just didn't get along with him.

Quote:What are you talking about?

Your tone sure insinuates that you don't want him here. 

Quote:Don't think the gang ties are true. Chip Kelly just didn't get along with him.

I think the Eagles are embellishing a bit to make their decision more palatable with the fans. 

Theres probably some truth to what you say above. DeSean seemed to be the kind of guy that wasn't totally respecting Kelly, so its not a surprise he's gone. 

Quote:http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/...ubles.html

THAT changes the analysis substantially for me, though the article indicates Jackson was not charged with any wrongdoing and was cooperative.

Nevertheless...the analysis is changed.

From a purely talent/production/age perspective, he'd be worth signing.

With his bad associations...pass.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:THAT changes the analysis substantially for me, though the article indicates Jackson was not charged with any wrongdoing and was cooperative.

Nevertheless...the analysis is changed.

From a purely talent/production/age perspective, he'd be worth signing.

With his bad associations...pass.

That story could easily be fed by Eagles PR in an attempt to make his release look better.

Quote:That story could easily be fed by Eagles PR in an attempt to make his release look better.

Perhaps.

At minimum, if the team is interested, his associations should be thoroughly vetted first.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Perhaps.

At minimum, if the team is interested, his associations should be thoroughly vetted first.

I doubt it's news to anyone. Teams dive into personal lives before the draft. Probably a reason he slipped to the second round.

Quote:That story could easily be fed by Eagles PR in an attempt to make his release look better.

Knowing how the Eagles operate, this would be more than just a very good guess. 

lol....KC (Reid) has already contacted Jackson's agent about playing there. 

There's a couple of YouTube vids out about DJax showing him throwing up gang signs in public. At parties and what not. I won't post them because I'm pretty sure they would go against the CoC.

If I was an interested team I would surely do my due diligence.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2014, 03:10 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Until I hear Blackmon isn't coming back, he's coming back.

Well, he's suspended and therefore not even a league participant right now.

So, I'd be more inclined to consider him not a part of the team until he's first reinstated, and second actually allowed back on the team.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM by Dre3001.)

Last week it was he did not want to take a pay cut and now this week it is he has gang affiiliations.

If you cannot see the narrative then I dont know what to tell you.

Type in Desean Jackson arrest record in Google and what comes up? 

No DUI, No drug charges, No arrest record of any kind, no off the field issues. But because he may know some gang members he is now a cancer and a diva apparently.

Aaron Hernandez had multiple run ins with the law since college and a questionable character but nothing happened until he got arrested, before that the Patriots simply ignored it. New Orleans Saints ran a bounty program and everything was fine and dandy until they were caught, only then were players released and people fired. Ray Lewis murdered someone and NFL pushed this redemption angle and now he is commentating on ESPN.

I guarantee multiple players throughout the league may know some gang members, the media trying to push this angle on Desean Jackson being some type of felon is absolutely embarrassing. 

Chip Kelly was a college coach at Oregon where he recruited kids from the same area where Desean Jackson was from, I guess gang affiliations didnt matter back then. 

Eagles knew this was coming, they resigned Jeremy Maclin and Riley Cooper a few weeks before and also traded for Darren Sproles. 

Eagles are releasing him strictly based on his relationship with Chip Kelly, the smear campaign is just them trying to justify to their fans why they released him. 

Knowing Gang members and being friends with them are different then being a Gang member or the leader of your Gang, Aaron Hernandez was a gang banger his whole life and had a troubled youth and troubles at UF. Jackson has never been in trouble with the law never failed a drug test.

Yes he might be a diva WR but he is not some thug so its really dumb to compare him to Hernandez, i'm sure their are plenty of players who are friends with bangers   

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Well, he's suspended and therefore not even a league participant right now.

So, I'd be more inclined to consider him not a part of the team until he's first reinstated, and second actually allowed back on the team.

While that is true about him not being part of the league right now, he's of course going to be reinstated as soon as he's eligible.

I'd moreso think the top brass would have made major indications that he isn't coming back by now.

In any case... sign Jackson too.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.