Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans trying hard to deal 1st overall pick

If the Bills are moving up, it should be for Clowney. Not a QB. Manuel didn't break any games open, but he didn't play all that bad for a rookie in only ten starts. Buffalo just lacks talent on offense right now. Stevie Johnson is "okay", he's not "elite", and outside of him they have Spiller and Jackson at RB. That's about it. The offensive lineman there are also suspect.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Buffalo trading to pick 3 is more likely than them trading all the way to 1.

I don't see anyone trading up into the #1 pick for anything other than a QB. And I don't see an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning available in this draft.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Didn't the Bills just break the bank for Super Mario? Unless they are following the Giants model then giving up that much for another DE/LB doesn't make sense.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

BUT THE TEXAN'S PAID KUBIAK TO TANK THE SEASON SO THAT THEY COULD HAVE THE NUMBER ONE PICK AND THEY COULD DRAFT TEDDY BRIDGEWATER BECAUSE HE IS THE NEXT ELWAY SLASH MANNING SLASH LUCK

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2014, 01:38 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:to get the 1st overall pick.

Any way you slice it, its still better than having a few extra meaningless wins and having a draft pick from 3-9 area.

They can still get a windfall in a trade if they choose to go that route too.
What do you mean by "windfall"? Anyway, the point of tanking the way the tankers on this board stated it was to set your team up for the next decade plus by getting a once in a generation QB prospect the way some are convinced the Clots did for Luck. Now is it that the first overall pick is worth tanking for any and every year because you might get something for trading it. If that is the case, why would a new coaching staff and GM tank in the first season? Why not try to win now. Then tank once you're on you're way out and have that huge pay day coming for tanking if the whole winning thing doesn't work out?